PDA

View Full Version : Forza 5ish Controls for the Contoller

Shiningpath76
13-05-2015, 18:47
I love this game and used a set up for the controller I found on youtube yesterday to make the game more playable with the xbone controller.I just wanted to know if there is a pre set up in Project Cars for a Forza 5ish Control for the Controller? You guys mention a GT6/Forza Style in the game issues thread and just was wondering what a Forza Style Controller Set Up would look like. Thanks for your help

GRD 4 3L
13-05-2015, 18:52
All FM players are looking for the magic combo that'll give us the feel but it has so far been elusive. Perhaps after the controller update?

Gooseone
13-05-2015, 20:20
If you're not suffering from the hypersensitivity bug or the countersteer bug, you could set steering sensitivity to 0, up the controller filtering (between 50 / 85),
make sure soft steering dampening is on and opposite lock help off, adjust speed sensitivity to preference (so that you are able to make all the turn decently due to steering lock limitations),
set steering ratio to slowest in individual car setup under the alignment tab and try that with input modes 2 and 3 to see which you prefer.

You could mess about a bit with your deadzone but i would generally set it up only to counteract any play you might have in your analogue stick.

If have throttle and brake @ 10 deadzone and 25 sensitivity but these settings do not make that much difference as the others.

If find such settings to be the most "easy going" currently (bar any other bugs).

Benja190782
13-05-2015, 20:31
Project CARS should feel as Race 07 with a controller - not like Forza imho.

And it will after the patch - just wait and see...

Hir0Pr0tagon1st
13-05-2015, 22:06
I agree, would love a setup that mimics Forza feel.

cedric1997
13-05-2015, 22:30
Project CARS should feel as Race 07 with a controller - not like Forza imho.

I know, but at least in Forza 5 I really feel the car. In PC, I don't have the feeling to control it (and I don't really...).

Dorny
13-05-2015, 22:56
That patch will improve things alot as these bugs were really affecting handling, this was on PC XboxOne pad as well but its definitely improved.

But Pcars is never going to handle like forza, because Pcars goes alot further in its physics than forza ever will. And its naturally going to be harder to make a REAL car handle well with a analogue stick due to its lack of finesse and only 3 cm of horizontal movement compared to the 360 degree of a steering wheel.

Also noticing what a lot of people haven't realised as well, is that yes the controls need tweaking abit, but a lot of you guys need to relearn how to drive a car, as you have been taught bad habits and processes from other non sim games.

I personally been using the Xbox One pad on Pcars since the pc drivers came out for the pad, and I can get any car around the track without crashing and also be competitive online and hold my own with people on steering wheels. I came into Pcars from GT5 and Forza 4 and yes there was a learning curve, but onces you learn the game rather than trying to force FORZA/GT onto it, you will click.

Shiningpath76
14-05-2015, 01:01
@Dorny your message is flawed pcs is a great game and saying Forza 5 is not a SIM is wrong and unnecessary. Sounds like the game needed to be delayed again either way I'm enjoying pcs with my controller

DMR Ghahary21
14-05-2015, 03:47
I haven't messed with setups in depth in a lot of the road cars in PCars, but I can say that they are lackluster from a get in and drive concept. However, PCars destroys FM5 with all of the racing classes. That's what I'm after. The M1 pro, the RUF GT3, the Sauber C9, etc. On the limit, those are the cars that are unforgiving, yet so blissful to drive when you get it right. With every passing day, SMS is gathering data to improve the model for each iteration. I hope they do continue, and I know it's a bit early for a sequel, but I think we really have a good thing in our hands.

Nightfall
14-05-2015, 03:52
@Dorny your message is flawed pcs is a great game and saying Forza 5 is not a SIM is wrong and unnecessary.
Forza and Gran Turismo are Simcade not Sim. They're more sim than games like NFS and Horizon but not as much of a sim as games like pCARS, iRacing, and Assetto Corsa.

o Mike V o
14-05-2015, 04:30
That patch will improve things alot as these bugs were really affecting handling, this was on PC XboxOne pad as well but its definitely improved.

But Pcars is never going to handle like forza, because Pcars goes alot further in its physics than forza ever will. And its naturally going to be harder to make a REAL car handle well with a analogue stick due to its lack of finesse and only 3 cm of horizontal movement compared to the 360 degree of a steering wheel.

Also noticing what a lot of people haven't realised as well, is that yes the controls need tweaking abit, but a lot of you guys need to relearn how to drive a car, as you have been taught bad habits and processes from other non sim games.

I personally been using the Xbox One pad on Pcars since the pc drivers came out for the pad, and I can get any car around the track without crashing and also be competitive online and hold my own with people on steering wheels. I came into Pcars from GT5 and Forza 4 and yes there was a learning curve, but onces you learn the game rather than trying to force FORZA/GT onto it, you will click.

This! the first thing I learned was I could not get away with trail braking as much as I could in Forza.

Spreaderz
14-05-2015, 08:01
Project cars is leaps ahead of forza 5. If ya wanna game that plays like forza, go play forza, simples . its a steep learning curve but when ya get there its awesome, sorry if this feels abrupt ,ive only been awake 20 minutes;)