PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Cam while Karting?

Dookie Possum
13-05-2015, 19:24
Is it just me, or does using the inside helmet camera make karting much easier? It makes me less twitchy and hitting the apex of corners is easier...wow. I wouldn't mind seeing the option to change/design helmets and visors! I'd pay an additional $10 just to have that option!

Apoc112
13-05-2015, 19:27
i found the helmet cam (defaults) to be a little harder, actually. i race helmet cam for everything else, too, but when i get in the karts, i felt like not being able to see my hands or the wheel made it hard to judge things. I had to bind the seat angle adjustments to clicking in on the left and right stick and adjust my seat angle so I could see the top of my wheel, and now I find it much better.

Dookie Possum
13-05-2015, 19:32
i found the helmet cam (defaults) to be a little harder, actually. i race helmet cam for everything else, too, but when i get in the karts, i felt like not being able to see my hands or the wheel made it hard to judge things. I had to bind the seat angle adjustments to clicking in on the left and right stick and adjust my seat angle so I could see the top of my wheel, and now I find it much better.

Wha??? Seat angle? How do I do that? Sounds cool.

Apoc112
13-05-2015, 19:36
In the Controls menu, go to the last tab, "Edit Assignments", then in the Camera & View (?) column you should see some unmapped options that let you adjust seat position, height, and angle. Map those to the buttons or sticks of choice (I used the clicking in the LS/RS because they were the only unmapped buttons on the controller, but you could overwrite stuff you don't use), and then you can mess with your seat position in-game.

Dookie Possum
13-05-2015, 19:50
In the Controls menu, go to the last tab, "Edit Assignments", then in the Camera & View (?) column you should see some unmapped options that let you adjust seat position, height, and angle. Map those to the buttons or sticks of choice (I used the clicking in the LS/RS because they were the only unmapped buttons on the controller, but you could overwrite stuff you don't use), and then you can mess with your seat position in-game.

Awesome! I will definitely check that out when I get home from work! Thanks!

Seps1974
13-05-2015, 20:03
The helmet view it's brutal. What annoys me is that I'm faster using cockpit view.

CODsucksROD
13-05-2015, 21:03
The helmet view it's brutal. What annoys me is that I'm faster using cockpit view.

But you gotta say that the helm cam with all the apex and leaning is fun as hell , screw the lap time i like the fun.

CODsucksROD
13-05-2015, 21:16
Is it just me, or does using the inside helmet camera make karting much easier? It makes me less twitchy and hitting the apex of corners is easier...wow. I wouldn't mind seeing the option to change/design helmets and visors! I'd pay an additional $10 just to have that option!

I agree , just today i made a race at Circuit de la Sarthe at night in the storm with no assists using Super Karts (no headlights for these bad boys) for 15 laps. I do have to say it was the best time i have had so far but the point is the whole time i was thinking that if i could change the face shield color to an yellow/amber color because these colors alow more perception at night to see more contrast in all reflections (i know its alittle weird but thats the point of customs) and to have some kick ass community design would be great.Mabe a future DLC but thats the point of an community driven game , they hopefully will listen.

sublime1996525
13-05-2015, 22:50
I've also enjoyed the helmet view but haven't tried it on the karts yet. I'll have to do that tonight.