PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter is Very Flawed

charles4400
13-05-2015, 19:27
Was really excited to play this game but man what a let down, unplayable as is with he TH8A Shifter!

-It never goes to reverse
-If you shift out of sequence (downshift) it completely throws off the shifter and will not register what gear you are in correctly after that.
-If you crash (you can't get into reverse as mentioned above) you can't get back into first gear to start again!???!?

I made sure the gears are correctly bound in the setup menu.
I have the gearbox set to manual and clutch on (using the T3PA pedals)

The gear shift works at the beginning of a race when you are shifting in sequence, but if you ever skip a gear, need to reverse,crash and need to get back into 1st, or accidently shift into a gear not available for the car (7th gear) its stops registering correctly.

Does anyone have this shifter who has it working 100%?

Firmware for the wheel is up to date and the shifter works perfect on Forza 5.
Paddle shifters works perfect.

....bummed

viraldarnett
13-05-2015, 20:04
I have the same problem. I may have found the fix on another thread though. If the car is a paddle shift car it will only shift in sequence, therefore rendering the th8a useless (can't skip gears in these cars). In order to use the shifter you have to be driving a car that actually has a h-pattern shifter in it. I don't know if this is true yet cause I've yet to get home from work and try it. Hope it answers your question and that I've worded it to make sense. Good luck.

Benja190782
13-05-2015, 20:47
Exactly the same issue here with my TH8A shifter on Xbox One.

Manic DBB
14-05-2015, 01:15
I wonder if disabling the real driving aids setting affects this? Just a thought. I have no problem using paddles/sequential shifter but they don't let you know in advance which the car features, so you have to look it up yourself. It would be nice to use the H-gate if you prefer, though.

charles4400
14-05-2015, 02:13
I wonder if disabling the real driving aids setting affects this? Just a thought. I have no problem using paddles/sequential shifter but they don't let you know in advance which the car features, so you have to look it up yourself. It would be nice to use the H-gate if you prefer, though.

I should have specified, the issues I am having are with using the H-Gate, the paddles seem to be working fine so it makes sense the sequential shifter on the TH8a should work fine too. Thanks for pointing that out. As for disabling the driving aids, the only setting which should make a difference are choosing whether you want auto or manual or clutch on/off. The other driving aids (brake aids, steering aids, etc.) should not make a difference.

kappertje
14-05-2015, 09:43
Same problem... Makes the th8a useless ��

Ixoye56
17-06-2015, 09:07
Does it work properly with older cars that has a h-pattern shifter ? If so, it's realistic, not a problem.

bumpkin
17-06-2015, 09:19
The shifter works as it should, if a car has an H pattern then it works well, shifting from 5-3 and 4-2 is really useful (watch out for diff lock though!).

Paddle shift should be used ie sequential if that is what the car has in real life.

In short there is nothing wrong with the shifter, just need to use it appropriately.....

nissan4ever
17-06-2015, 10:38
This ^^^^^

nissan4ever
17-06-2015, 10:39
I have the same problem. I may have found the fix on another thread though. If the car is a paddle shift car it will only shift in sequence, therefore rendering the th8a useless (can't skip gears in these cars). In order to use the shifter you have to be driving a car that actually has a h-pattern shifter in it. I don't know if this is true yet cause I've yet to get home from work and try it. Hope it answers your question and that I've worded it to make sense. Good luck.

That is true & correct. Plus when you think about it, it makes sense! :)

Del Zotto x82x
17-06-2015, 19:00
The shifter works as it should, if a car has an H pattern then it works well, shifting from 5-3 and 4-2 is really useful (watch out for diff lock though!).

Paddle shift should be used ie sequential if that is what the car has in real life.

In short there is nothing wrong with the shifter, just need to use it appropriately.....

Yes exactly how it should work.. The only real problem I have found is you can not shift into Neutral with H-pattern regardless of car.. You can get to Neutral with the paddle shifters but not the H pattern..

bumpkin
17-06-2015, 22:40
what do you need neutral for?

nissan4ever
17-06-2015, 23:36

I know. I have no need to shift to neutral & see no need in it.

eracerhead
18-06-2015, 00:14
Same problem... Makes the th8a useless 😞

This factor of the game design is present with all H-pattern shifters, not just the Thrustie. It is the intended behavior, as it isn't possible to skip gears on a sequential transmission.

Ixoye56
18-06-2015, 00:26

For it to be realistic maybe !

nissan4ever
18-06-2015, 01:25
For it to be realistic maybe !

Who puts a car in neutral when they racing? No one. There's no need to, regardless of situation. Put it in gear & go!

Diablo944
18-06-2015, 02:57
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28869-TM-shifter-H-box-car-list

Might help those who are trying to identify cars that are happy with the th8a in H mode.