PDA

View Full Version : Invalid Lap Time

ProRacerMike
13-05-2015, 19:32
Who at Project Cars had the darn stupid idea to invalidate lap times if you put a wheel on the grass ?
This is ridiculous. In real racing you would not lose your lap time if you went off. Maybe a point of a second or so.
Please take this stupid ridiculous part of this game out.
Thank you

Ingo_Schwartz
13-05-2015, 23:04
I completely agree with you!

So many restarts qualifying because of this stupid thing!

Boyd12
15-05-2015, 16:41
Agreed take this rubbish out

Barrybarfly
15-05-2015, 19:16
Disagree. Seen the BTCC? People lose their time for cutting excessively (as in all 4 wheels outside the track limits). Its realistic and prevents people from cutting corners just to gain a better time by driving like a donkey.

Boyd12
15-05-2015, 20:14
Disagree. Seen the BTCC? People lose their time for cutting excessively (as in all 4 wheels outside the track limits). Its realistic and prevents people from cutting corners just to gain a better time by driving like a donkey.

So you use an example of 4 wheels when we are clearly talking about 1 wheel.

How about when you miss you braking and go off track why should I get a invalid lap when I clearly did not cut a corner and gain a advantage.

MIAMI__NYZE
15-05-2015, 20:16
@Boyd12: Word up mate!!!

Barrybarfly
16-05-2015, 12:55
Why does that matter if the laptime will be that bad anyway? And you say one wheel, do replays confirm it was just one wheel? I just dont see any issue with it at all. But opinions are like donkeyholes. We all have them and most stink.

dyr_gl
16-05-2015, 12:57
Totally disagree. If anything, the system is too lenient as plenty of corner cutters manage to get away with nonsense. You have to fill the unprotected gaps.

Ingo_Schwartz
17-05-2015, 09:50
Sometimes you are doing a hot lap and it comes up with an invalid time and that's fine, just go again... other times it will give you an invalid time for this lap and next laps, I thought it would only be one more lap without timing but I've done as many as 3 laps with no timing because of a breaking error. If you cut corners you should absolutely get a penalty but not when you run of the track completely and lose about 5 - 7 seconds!

Desopit
17-05-2015, 12:23
the rules are simple, 1 wheel need to stay between the white lines for the lap to be valid. The curbs are not part of the white lines (well, this is always up to discussion and interpretation). (Winning time or losing time don't matter, the only difference is that when you are losing time, the marshalls (which i am) don't bother to transmit it to race direction, because it changes nothing. But following the rules, the lap is invalid)

Now, post a video showing that the game has it wrong.
I never had this problem, all my laps where i had one wheel on the track were valid.
Because, if you look at Spa-Francorchamps, in the raidillon, i can have four wheels out, and no penalty (i can't go all the way left, but i can have four wheels on the inside of the curb)

So ease post a video, because i have more a feeling that they allow us to much to go outside of the track.

Regards,

Pierre-Yves (PS4; desopit)