PDA

View Full Version : Some Quick Questions

calvins48
13-05-2015, 20:25
Hi all,

Hoping for some help here.

First off, on the Project CARS website it states, "Additionally and crucially, players can join any of these pre-race sessions at any time. So if you've organised a race at 8pm, players can join at any time prior to that and set their qualifying time first."

Is there a way to keep the lobby open while you do other things in the game? Or do you have to stay in the game?

Also, when choosing the race date, let's say you choose May 17 at 9pm. Will the lobby remain open for players to qualify and practice? What's the point of setting a race date and time for the future if players can't even search for it and find the lobby?

And that brings me onto the last question - how do you search by lobby name, like it says you can on the Project CARS website?

Thanks!! :)

osufan8028
14-05-2015, 01:35
Im confused as well! I would like to set a date in the future and have the lobby start at that date and time so that the players can practice throughout the week and everybody meets on raceday, i hope thats what its for. If not can we do that?

calvins48
14-05-2015, 09:56
Im confused as well! I would like to set a date in the future and have the lobby start at that date and time so that the players can practice throughout the week and everybody meets on raceday, i hope thats what its for. If not can we do that?

That's what I was thinking! It feels like the game is still in a sort of beta state.

Siberian Tiger
14-05-2015, 10:05
What you are searching for is the Dedicated Server - At the moment you need still the Game to open a Session. (Create a MP Session within the Game on your setted up DS)

There is a lot of work going on behind for the DS. So we should be sooner or later be able to setup a DS without running the Game etc. etc.

It's important for League Racing etc.

bigbawmcgraw
14-05-2015, 10:06
What you are searching for is the Dedicated Server - At the moment you need still the Game to open a Session. (Create a MP Session within the Game on your setted up DS)

There is a lot of work going on behind for the DS. So we should be sooner or later be able to setup a DS without running the Game etc. etc.

It's important for League Racing etc.
Any idea of a time frame for when the DS can run standalone?

Siberian Tiger
14-05-2015, 10:12
No, im affraid i don't have a timeframe...

But we will keep you updated...

calvins48
14-05-2015, 10:52
Thanks for the info! Exciting stuff on the horizon! :D