PDA

View Full Version : Car turns on its own

xX_PHLOX_Xx
13-05-2015, 20:35
Hi all, apologies if this is discussed elsewhere I have looked and not found anything.

I am racing in karts at the moment and have everything set up great. But, on some tracks on certain corners the kart just suddenly turns all by itself throwing me off the track. Every lap the car does the exact same thing on the same corners.

Is this a known issue on ps4?

Thanks

madmax2069
13-05-2015, 20:56
Question is do you have any driving aids on, being that this is in the PS4 section (and your profile says PC) I have to ask are you using a PS4 or PC ? Or are you just seeing if another platform is behaving like this, And what control method are you using.

Carts are very twitchy when it comes to steering, go off the road just a little bit will throw the cart, any kind of uneven surfaces during a turn will throw the cart, jerking around with the steering inputs during a corner or uneven spot on the track can throw the cart. New cold tires will amplify this, when the tires are heated up and in the green it happens a lot less (cold tires will also cause the cart to pull to any side in a straight line)

Slow and smooth and small steering inputs will reduce this to almost to the point of not happening.

xX_PHLOX_Xx
13-05-2015, 21:24
I'm on ps4. This happens in the middle of the track with no inputs, I have tested it purposefully not even touching the left stick. As I drive along the car magically turns on some corners. Eg. First corner after the wiggly bit at Chesterfield.
Ps. I have no aids on

madmax2069
13-05-2015, 21:30
I'm on ps4. This happens in the middle of the track with no inputs, I have tested it purposefully not even touching the left stick. As I drive along the car magically turns on some corners. Eg. First corner after the wiggly bit at Chesterfield.
Ps. I have no aids on

Are the tires heated up to race temp ?

Cause a kart for some reason will start turning on its own (start pulling) when you reach a certain speed with cold tires, and stops doing this once the tires have heated up. With no aids on this will cause the kart to wipe out.

C6ckneyGeezer
13-05-2015, 22:26
Same issue here!

WhiteMarine
13-05-2015, 22:47
some corners have elevation change or bumps in the middle which can cause the kart to lose traction. try and let the throttle off on the corners you are having issues on see if that makes any difference. maybe not the problem for you but it was a pain for me especially glencairn. Zolder in the Mclaren F1 on the first hill causes me to spin if i don't ease off the throttle if im off line at all.