PDA

View Full Version : This game takes itself way too seriously

jdmnsprd
13-05-2015, 22:26
I know this is suppose to be a racing simulator but got damn atleast give me an indepth analysis on how to tune a car in this game what are Bump stops? Slow/Fast Bumps? Slow/Fast Rebounds? Caster? Don't just give a vague explanation in 2 sentences and expect people to tune their cars to their liking... give me a video, picture or something so I can have a visual on wtf im tuning in the car also how do I know how much power I have when tuning the final gear of the car??? I'm using a controller btw

Mr.Smoke
13-05-2015, 23:19
If you dont know cars well enough to know what those rather basics things are, i would suggest one of two options.

1) do some research & educate yourself
2) leave the cars set at their factory tune

Not trying to sound like a dick, sorry if i came across that way.

David Slute
13-05-2015, 23:20
Same info applies for pretty much ever sim, hopefully it helps
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-setup-guides.105644/

jdmnsprd
13-05-2015, 23:48
If you dont know cars well enough to know what those rather basics things are, i would suggest one of two options.

I do know cars but I asked about those things because I'm not afraid to admit I never heard of them before I know how to tune the dampers,camber,toe,LSD Etc but this game doesn't do a good at explaining things

jdmnsprd
13-05-2015, 23:52
Same info applies for pretty much ever sim, hopefully it helps
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-setup-guides.105644/

Now this was helpful, thanks

Pink_650S
14-05-2015, 00:11
I think the game does a good job at explaining things in short, but understandable lines. Kind of makes you look silly coming here and raging like a little brat.
Might sound offensive, but the way you complain is offensive too.

jdmnsprd
14-05-2015, 02:35
I think the game does a good job at explaining things in short, but understandable lines. Kind of makes you look silly coming here and raging like a little brat.

Seriously? Who's complaining I'm pointing things out in the game the devs messed up no need to start calling people names to sound cool this is an open forum and seeing as how pcars doesn't have a manual and forces you to come here I have every right to speak my mind

Pink_650S
14-05-2015, 02:46
Seriously?

Seriously.

Dreco
14-05-2015, 02:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urcqQC02YbY

Pink_650S
14-05-2015, 03:15
how pcars doesn't have a manual

It does have a manual. Its in the game.

jdmnsprd
14-05-2015, 03:26
It does have a manual. Its in the game.
don't get smart you know exactly what I mean an in depth manual explaining what is what like David Slute linked to this thread smh so this is the Project Community Assisted Racing Simulator forum a bunch nobody's defending a game because they put money into development listen if you're not gonna help the situation just leave the thread

ChrisK
14-05-2015, 04:01
How anyone could think things like scoop knee, mx axis and the other myriad of settings are explained adequately in game or otherwise defies belief.

Wootball
14-05-2015, 04:46
I happen to agree with the OP - things are not explained well enough to get 100% satisfaction with car tuning for those who don't already know how to do it. Yes it's a simulation, that's fine - but when this game is aimed at bringing the console generation into play, it needs to be more accessible to keep the interest.

RJ_Whitlock_556
14-05-2015, 04:50
The serious, the better. So sick of arcade racing games, happy something realistic came out on PS4.

Wootball
14-05-2015, 06:57
The serious, the better. So sick of arcade racing games, happy something realistic came out on PS4.

Nobody is complaining about it being a simulation and realistic. Keep the settings as they are, just explain what they do.

9Lives
14-05-2015, 08:05
Personally I find the explanation for each tuning setup is spot on. It provides enough detail so I know what the outcome will be from the adjustment without having to read too much. Especially when something slips your mind while you're in qualifying and you want a brief re-cap.

SL1DE
14-05-2015, 08:57
I know this is suppose to be a racing simulator but got damn atleast give me an indepth analysis on how to tune a car in this game what are Bump stops? Slow/Fast Bumps? Slow/Fast Rebounds? Caster? Don't just give a vague explanation in 2 sentences and expect people to tune their cars to their liking... give me a video, picture or something so I can have a visual on wtf im tuning in the car also how do I know how much power I have when tuning the final gear of the car??? I'm using a controller btw

Google is your friend. That is all.

Spirit X
14-05-2015, 10:40
Is it any different to something like Madden or any number of PC sims though? You just have to accept that some games require either a good amount of prior knowledge on the subject or the willingness to do some research. In the case of Project CARS, I think it was pretty clear that this was one of those games from the outset.

Having said that, I am in aggreement that the game could do with some better, fleshed out explanations of certain things. A lot of things actually. Although, when it comes to tuning there's no 'quick' explanation really. It requires a lot of info and while some in depth vids would be good, it would still require a lot of time and effort on the part of the player to really get to grips with it. Personally I like that but I get that some people don't. The interesting question to me is why those people are buying pC?

Pablo2008jedi
14-05-2015, 10:52
Yes its really hard to understand how to tune a car, I've played many a sim on PC but still have trouble :D

While the descriptions of each setting is rather brief, I do try and do some research. But also I take a car with one track and one weather setting and drive about 10 laps, then go to garage and change a setting and see how it feels. Although this process is extremely long, hopefully some people will share their recommended settings.

kiteboy27
14-05-2015, 11:22
I agree, especially when the FFB is so badly optimised out of the box

crucian4
14-05-2015, 12:31
Well... No simulator I can recall has done it yet but, a feature I can tell my pit crew what the car is or is not doing and the crew make adjustments to the car until I am satisfied would be great. Not all race car drivers are tuners. I know it is a game but there is a reason racing is mostly a team sport. Let me tell the pit crew whats wrong and let the expert mechanics make adjustments. Leave in the option to tune manually. Satisfy majority of gamers that way I think.

MysterG
14-05-2015, 12:48

Bit harsh. jdmsprd's opening post is nothing like offensive (the title is a little OTT though;) ), and even if it was, being offensive with your reply is not required, or helpful.

FWIW I don't understand the techy stuff either and I've been with the project since day one and drive, repair etc. my own cars.

Hopefully the community will come up with even more resources to fill in the gaps that Project CARS undeniably has in some areas of explanation.

What I would also say though is just because there are tuning options you don't have to touch them to have fun. I've not changed a setup in 3 years :eek-new:

SL1DE
14-05-2015, 12:56
Well... No simulator I can recall has done it yet but, a feature I can tell my pit crew what the car is or is not doing and the crew make adjustments to the car until I am satisfied would be great. Not all race car drivers are tuners. I know it is a game but there is a reason racing is mostly a team sport. Let me tell the pit crew whats wrong and let the expert mechanics make adjustments. Leave in the option to tune manually. Satisfy majority of gamers that way I think.

It's a good idea, MotoGP has something like this where there's a menu in the pits where there are options like "not enough grip", then another option for mid corner, and going out of the corner, then it makes changes or suggests changes.

It would be amazing if the devs could do something like this.

marksy
14-05-2015, 13:06
if you dont fully understand tuning i advise you play around but be careful because its alot easier to make a tune worse haha :boxing:

NXP3
16-05-2015, 08:25

I dont' mean to be a dick, but the game should have come with a more indepth description and explanation. Come on, text isn't too hard to program. And not everyone here is a car enthusiast level as you. Making people do their own research just to play a game is lame.

NXP3
16-05-2015, 08:29
Bit harsh. jdmsprd's opening post is nothing like offensive (the title is a little OTT though;) ), and even if it was, being offensive with your reply is not required, or helpful.

FWIW I don't understand the techy stuff either and I've been with the project since day one and drive, repair etc. my own cars.

Hopefully the community will come up with even more resources to fill in the gaps that Project CARS undeniably has in some areas of explanation.

What I would also say though is just because there are tuning options you don't have to touch them to have fun. I've not changed a setup in 3 years :eek-new:

Well the default setup for PCars is horrible, there's no way to drive it with a controller or wheel on default. Not until I've searched around for settings people have used were I able to drive. It shouldn't be like that.

THE-Smike
16-05-2015, 11:33
The Cars are absolutely fine to drive with the default setup (have to say iam Driving Sim's like rFactor, iRacing & AC since years with a controller).
The things which are explained in the game are spot on and summed up nicely. The more in depth settings are way to complex since other things may have an impact on other things. There hasnt been a official manual in rFactor neither in AC so research is the Nr.1 option. And with pCars actually explaining some things its is alright for the beginners to start with and maybe to research a bit on their own.

And. If SMS actually shipped a 300 pages "Holy Grail of Setup" book with the game people would be complaining that its way too much to understand

Equation
16-05-2015, 11:46

I use this table for setup:
Advanced Setup Matrix (ftp://www.jatekok.hu/hf1l/files/SetupMatrix.pdf)

Its good that we can do lots of setups. It tells that game is realistic designed.