PDA

View Full Version : I am forced to pit for tyres in quick race, just me not AI

soodler
13-05-2015, 22:58
I was playing quick race weekend at Oulton in the Ginetta juniors today, and halfway through the race i was called for a mandatory pit stop.

Is there a setting to change this as the AI wasn't pitting, it was just me so i would rather turn this off if i can. Can't find any info about this anywhere, so im unsure whether this is a bug or not to be honest. Am i missing something, or is there no option to enable/disable mandatory pit stops in quick race?

Never have i seen a more confusing UI than in this game, i hope it can be improved soon as i love the racing when i can eventually get everything set up!

AP200
14-05-2015, 01:46
I've heard that its a somewhat common issue, a dev commented that sometimes the AI starts on wets if it is forecasted to rain.... either way I think we're going to have to wait for a patch on that

soodler
14-05-2015, 17:41
yeah its weird. I think i've figured it out though. Before you start the quick race, if you go to your garage you can edit setup and in there you can turn tyre change to off in pit settings and that solves it i think.

crazyec24
14-05-2015, 17:52
I haven't had this issue in the few quick races that I've done. I know in career the second race of the event you have to pit once. So I'm wondering if that is going to be an issue that needs to be fixed in the next patch released for this game on the ps4.

JSNFARRELL
15-05-2015, 09:12
Just found this out as well.
SlickReed and I just ran a 20 lap race (set to all realistic/simulated settings) with +15 AI opponents
- 10/11 laps in we had to pit or risk sitting off the track the rest of the race
- AI drove the entire race without a single pit-stop!

Due to this we had much ground to make up... end results (AI didn't have to pit) were unfortunate (epic experience but disappointing outcome)
- I had made an unscheduled pit a lap early thanks to the gap (pit in 1st / landed in 16th / finished in 9th)
- Slick had pitted as scheduled (nearly empty / place unknown but I imagine he was fighting hard to make up ground)
- AI never touched the pits (holding their places / effortlessly "winning" the race)

We really hope this gets fixed soon considering there hasn't been many drivers willing to do CLEAN (or at least their cleanest) [30 minute Qualifying / 20+Lap race] with all settings to sim/real
- so far most drivers will not stick around for so much as pre-race sessions or 5 lap races... half those whom do usually spoil the race for others (on purpose)

*Here's to hoping patches are just around the corner...*