PDA

View Full Version : Things I CANT BELEIVE you didnt do in the YEARS of testing

crsnwby
13-05-2015, 23:19
1. Stop telling me about the split from my last lap time. Tell me about the split from the best current player lap time.
2. Make it easier to see the above sector. Flashing for better on sector/lap not flashing for worse.
3. Livery selection is shocking sort the whole thing out. Its like a 1990 website, having to click through 30 pages to change a livery.
4. Online game browser is ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING, I cant limit by racing or lobby, I cant limit by track, I cant limit by car, I cant limit by laps. THIS IS A BIG FOOK UP. I have to join a game and go into qualifying only to find out qualifying has been set to 60 minutes and the race is 2 laps... SORT IT OUT
5. Stop turning off my HUD randomly in online races as its very annoying. I don't have a key mapped to cycle or disable so I think I would remember reaching over to the H shifter and cycling all the way though to OFF, as I just spent the last 4 races cycling through to TURN IT ON ITS STARTING.

What the sweet Christ apart from slapping each other on the back have you been doing for 2 years?

the list continues.

6. pressing join a session that's in progress shouldn't leave me at the lobby forever FFS

jdmnsprd
14-05-2015, 03:06
7.not showing who's 1st,2nd,3rd etc while racing online

X Gabe 62 X
14-05-2015, 10:54
Must agree. And that list is just a start.

Toca on the original xbox had a better, more sophisticated online setup than this "next-gen" sim.

It's like a beta addon at present.

And dont get me started on the leaderboards for hotlaps. Doh!

Liking what we've got though.... But much room for improvement.... 7/10... Could do better.

CTR69
14-05-2015, 11:05
8. Show ping in numbers
9. show safety rating
10. autokick players who are below certain safety rating (which lobby admin determines)
11. Autokick players who do not move after 5 seconds

Pablo2008jedi
14-05-2015, 11:16
It's as if it was developed forgeting that there are idiots and trolls online! :P

Diluvian
14-05-2015, 11:19
I have to disagree, most of your concerns are known cause it has been tested. But I have to agree with your concerns.

DragonSyr
14-05-2015, 12:40
agree for all...

biomarvel
14-05-2015, 16:10
ever thought that they wanted to get the game to us and then will get these issues patched at a later date.

Rather than cussing the team down, why not just ask for them to implement them.

If you have played the game, and the detail of the game then you would see what they have been doing during development, its not like they can just drop into the Mclaren shop and laser scan a 12C is it!

Vilonosec
14-05-2015, 16:25
Totally agree. Also you can't see what drive assist you can use, if there's car damage and flags. And you can't filter it. So you just join endlessly looking for a proper server. That's deadly annoying.
I can hardly believe someone tested this game before release and never noticed that it's so user unfriendly.

Rakete
14-05-2015, 17:15
Agree the first post!
The server-browser keeps me of playing with my race community....hell !!!

Arislaf
14-05-2015, 17:25
12. Ban the cheaters from this game. It is frustrating to see at community races such paranormal times... 51 sec.. 50 sec.. 41 sec... Number one guy 20 (?!) sec... Come on... Game has many problems, but cheaters destroy any online competition..

UnknownAssassin
14-05-2015, 18:04
...Is this game in beta?

zmwschumacher
14-05-2015, 20:00
I'm still waiting for the chat in the server lobby I requested 2 years ago

Umer Ahmad
14-05-2015, 20:04
Good list team, there is a suggestion thread also you can use. (Aldo pls link)

zmwschumacher
14-05-2015, 20:04
I added mine 2 years ago ;)

X Gabe 62 X
16-05-2015, 11:08
I have to disagree, most of your concerns are known cause it has been tested. But I have to agree with your concerns.

Huh?

X Gabe 62 X
16-05-2015, 11:11
I'm still waiting for the chat in the server lobby I requested 2 years ago

I was a beta tester for a flightsim software, and got a rep for moaning and requesting too many features. Now the second version's due out, i see pretty much all of my ideas have not only been implemented, but developed even further.

He who laughs last, huh?

Might sell a lot more now!

ThePla7Maker
16-05-2015, 14:06
not showing lap times at end of race in position table as well. always nice to see how good your lap was compared to others but don't exist.

Sankyo
16-05-2015, 14:15
1. Stop telling me about the split from my last lap time. Tell me about the split from the best current player lap time.
2. Make it easier to see the above sector. Flashing for better on sector/lap not flashing for worse.
3. Livery selection is shocking sort the whole thing out. Its like a 1990 website, having to click through 30 pages to change a livery.
4. Online game browser is ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING, I cant limit by racing or lobby, I cant limit by track, I cant limit by car, I cant limit by laps. THIS IS A BIG FOOK UP. I have to join a game and go into qualifying only to find out qualifying has been set to 60 minutes and the race is 2 laps... SORT IT OUT
5. Stop turning off my HUD randomly in online races as its very annoying. I don't have a key mapped to cycle or disable so I think I would remember reaching over to the H shifter and cycling all the way though to OFF, as I just spent the last 4 races cycling through to TURN IT ON ITS STARTING.

What the sweet Christ apart from slapping each other on the back have you been doing for 2 years?

the list continues.

6. pressing join a session that's in progress shouldn't leave me at the lobby forever FFS

Feedback and bug reports are welcomed very much. Talking to the devs like they're a bunch of morons, SHOUTING and using an aggressive and demanding tone isn't. Please change your tone as even though you're obviously disappointed that these important-for-you points need improvement, being aggressive and demanding makes people less prone to listen to you.

Bardofar
16-05-2015, 14:17
I totally agree with the flaws, also yeasterday i tried 3 online races, in all 3 i got rammed and went offtrack in the first turn and got penalty for cutting corners.... wtf?

tmitch45
16-05-2015, 14:34
I agree with all the suggestions mentioned. I think it would be a useful option to either see the top 3-5 drivers in a race or the option to see all as in GT6. I also appreciate the time to the car in front and behind as I've wanted this for ages in gt6 but I was wondering about an option to have a split time to the leader as well?

I think we can all agree that the sooner a system that scores people badly for ramming/crashing, corner cutting and not finishing races is implemented the better and it will transfer open lobby racing.

I would like is the ability to join a lobby through a friend rather than having to message them to send an invite. One final thing would be the ability to join a lobby and watch if the racing is underway.

HtHNightwolf
16-05-2015, 16:35
13. Make me sort the Multiplayer servers for ABS allowed or Traction Control allowed yes or no. So I do not have to enter EVERY MATCH and wait till it is been displayed to me
14. Let me adjust a button or audio setting (let me enter the menu) whilest I am in a sessin, let's say in the box or lobby
15. Let me SORT the multiplayer server list for interesting tracks / cars, settings etc.

Plus I agree with ALL the others aswell. Is this going to be read by any deverloper? Can we hope for a patch?

tmitch45
16-05-2015, 17:25
I'm not sure how this forum works but I would hope that by making sensible comments here in the correct manner will eventually get back to the developers.

Umer Ahmad
16-05-2015, 20:25
Every post is being read by WMD and SMS, yes every post. So keep the ideas coming

lordymatsuo
16-05-2015, 20:25
I'm just gonna bump this, pretty much agree with all of the above and this thread needs the Dev's attention

VeikkoSe
16-05-2015, 21:02
Outside game
- Proper dedicated server support.
- REST/SOAP API to to query the master server outside of the game
- Ability to join a session from outside the game

Ingame browser
- Show the actual ping values.
- Sort all columns asc or desc.
- Search with wildcard support.
- Proper search options.
- Ability to browse trough all the servers (paging).
- Ability to find sameskilled players not just by the assists they use.
- Font is too big and could fit allot more data (As in all console games)
- Ablity to block players
- Ability to kick players
- Ability to handle server from outside of the game (rcon tools)
- Ability to easily change the livery.
- In lobby hover over the names then the ready button. Ready button is now unclickable.S
- Shift enter don't work on chat.
- You can press ready even if the session is in progress.

SIlMPLIClITY
16-05-2015, 21:10
Matchmaking needs a big fix as well. I'm from America and I rarely find people in the green ping area. I have a feeling I'm locked out of the American region. I have 60down 30up 10-12 ping. There's no way it's my problem. It's definitely the host of the lobby but I can't do anything about it because I can't find any reasonable hosts.

Umer Ahmad
16-05-2015, 21:18
For the majority of the development time i was racing with guys in Europe. Maybe 1-2 fellow 'Muricans but thats it. However, even with a 200ms+ ping the guys never complained about my car on the track.

Hopefully more USA folks pick this up soon althought there's a decent contingent on STEAM/PC in the afternoons. Nice guys

cudirage13
17-05-2015, 04:18
I'm just glad that they focused mostly on making this a proper sim. I couldn't give a crap about the online sorting options or any of that crap as long as the gameplay is very close to being on point and it is. Well done SMS and WMD and all others involved. I would much rather you fix small bugs within the gameplay rather than online options....

DragonSyr
17-05-2015, 06:22
@ post #24 , #25

we need a sticky sitrep threat from the devs for the progress of the game (patch progress , changes that is on the way etc)
so far I have not seen a reply or single post from devs to declare their presence.

edit: today noticed that devs have gold colour in their names , so ignore last line :)

tmitch45
17-05-2015, 09:06
Every post is being read by WMD and SMS, yes every post. So keep the ideas coming

Thanks that's reassuring to know all our views count.