PDA

View Full Version : I want it, I don't want it....argghhh!

SpecialForcesST6
14-05-2015, 00:24
I'm pretty much at odds with whether to get this game or pass. The thing is, for sim racing I have always raced Iracing. I know that nothing will compare to that. But I'm not looking for PCars to be its equal, i'm looking for a good racing game on my PS4. The problem is, CAN YOU RACE THIS WITH A CONTROLLER? I mean really, can you? I use a wheel in Iracing obviously, but it doesn't work on the PS4 even though its a PS3 wheel (Driving force gt by logitech).

So will I be able to really race with a gamepad in project cars? Is it really worth trying to? Will I get any fun out of it that way. I want to avoid having to buy a steering wheel really. The cheapest one I could find thats compatible with ps4 is the Thrustmaster t80. I don't mind that its not FFB ( I shut FF off on my driving force gt in racing) because I don't like FFB. How does that rather cheap wheel feel for PCars? Not sure I want to buy a wheel though for PS4.

I love racing games, and really don't know if it is worth buying this WITHOUT a wheel. Anyone else bought the game and had same fear with gamepad but found it easy to drive with pad? Let me know.

I also have an xb1 but have heard that it has even more issues on its console. I haven't checked the wheel possibilities on that platform.

Pink_650S
14-05-2015, 00:28
I didnt read your post but you definitely want it!

BigDipper
14-05-2015, 00:44
Let's put it this way.
I'm not a race fan but this game made me buy a wheel within a week!!
Driving with controller is really doable .
I got the hang of it in a few hours.
I'm getting faster each day. Only thing I don't like with a controller is that my hand and especially thumbs and index finger start to hurt.

Pink_650S
14-05-2015, 00:51
No, seriously. It has a lot of options to customize your controller settings (deadzones, sensitivities), as known from the Shift games.
Also, you see controller users frequently in the Top 10 of community events, even on 1st place.
I play with the controler myself, although l had my doubts before getting Project Cars, l can now say that this game is absolutely worth it and a blast to play - even with a controller (;

I cant say anything about the switch from a wheel to a controller, l can imagine that a lot of the authentic feel will get lost. But l guess that one is up to you to decide :b

SpecialForcesST6
14-05-2015, 01:23
No, seriously. It has a lot of options to customize your controller settings (deadzones, sensitivities), as known from the Shift games.
Also, you see controller users frequently in the Top 10 of community events, even on 1st place.
I play with the controler myself, although l had my doubts before getting Project Cars, l can now say that this game is absolutely worth it and a blast to play - even with a controller (;

I cant say anything about the switch from a wheel to a controller, l can imagine that a lot of the authentic feel will get lost. But l guess that one is up to you to decide :b

Im fine for my authentic racing to continue in Iracing. I am glad to hear the game is "playable" with a ds4 controller. I may just very well get the game now. Im not looking to spend the money on a wheel. This will be for my "couch" racing. Thanks for the insight....I do fine in FH2 on xb1 and DC and The crew on ps4 with controllers. I think i'll make the plunge.

Krazee DD
14-05-2015, 01:31
I didnt read your post but you definitely want it!

Hahaha �� I concur.

RJ_Whitlock_556
14-05-2015, 01:55
It's a great game! I use a controller and I love it! Next best thing to Gran Turismo.

Pink_650S
14-05-2015, 02:09
Next best thing to Gran Turismo.

After my first lap in Project Cars l deleted Gran Turismo off my brain. And l played GT5 a LOT.

Pablo2008jedi
14-05-2015, 07:13
It's a great game! I use a controller and I love it! Next best thing to Gran Turismo.

Can't compare this to GT, this is far superior...

MysterG
14-05-2015, 07:16
Get it, then get it again on PC when you realise how good it is ;)

HeeseyChelmet
14-05-2015, 07:19
I'm pretty much at odds with whether to get this game or pass. The thing is, for sim racing I have always raced Iracing. I know that nothing will compare to that. But I'm not looking for PCars to be its equal, i'm looking for a good racing game on my PS4. The problem is, CAN YOU RACE THIS WITH A CONTROLLER? I mean really, can you? .

Yes. If you hear otherwise then the people who say it are who want every racing game to feel the same and want bug free, controls perfectly aligned to their preference out of the box. They're happy to slate and call the game tosh rather than give constructive feedback. The reward of this game is amazing. The wait has completely been worth it

Katilla
14-05-2015, 07:35
I've played so far GT (5-6) and love good!
My Home: GTKarrier (http://gtkarrier.hu/ranglista.html)
BUT!
PC right now I feel better and better after the bug will be even better! Thanks guys! Bring It On!