PDA

View Full Version : [NO] Does changing the graphical options improve fps?

neoprime85
14-05-2015, 01:09
Hi, first time poster here, just got the game and love the potential just dont love the state its in currently.

I'm aware the control bug is being worked on and another patch for the performance issues is also being worked on, but im surprised there's no mention of changing the graphics settings to help improve the fps.

Surely messing with the settings, turning off certain things might improve the fps some would it not?

I know we are merely console peasants without a brain cell to share between us so these options are alien to us (according to the so called PC master race of arrogant losers), but like them wouldn't turning off certain effects help with the frame rate?

Mr Akina
14-05-2015, 01:11
I run in 720p now and it's more playable. No idea of the frame rate, probably 30ish - like the 900p (1080p setting)

neoprime85
14-05-2015, 12:54
Strange, maybe this needs to be looked into. If minor graphical settings can be turned off and they improve the fps then its a major thing, yet nobody is talking about it.

I turned off post process effects filtering and i think there an improvement in fps, haven't had the time to fully compare it yet though.

s1yfa
14-05-2015, 13:11
Changing the output resolution makes no difference - the game still renders at 900p and then the console up/down scales accordingly for your TV. There are reports of minor improvements when switching off effects, but it's like 1-2fps, and when things go bad (busy corner, lots of cars, detailed scenery, rain - all at once!) that makes no difference, especially when you're already dipping into the 20's.

I think the patch will have a bigger effect than anything else.

thisisbleep
14-05-2015, 13:14
The visual settings are only for personal preference and the impact on performance is negligible/none.

malcster
14-05-2015, 13:15
I don't understand what half the visual options are for
I thought I had turned off that annoying sun beams through the trees but it still there

Any one help on what each one is for

BTW last night my rear view mirror was glitching and the game seemed jerky so turned that off and it was less twitchy on busy sections

Roger Prynne
14-05-2015, 14:32
Hi, first time poster here, just got the game and love the potential just dont love the state its in currently.

I'm aware the control bug is being worked on and another patch for the performance issues is also being worked on, but im surprised there's no mention of changing the graphics settings to help improve the fps.

Surely messing with the settings, turning off certain things might improve the fps some would it not?

I know we are merely console peasants without a brain cell to share between us so these options are alien to us (according to the so called PC master race of arrogant losers), but like them wouldn't turning off certain effects help with the frame rate?

First of all we need you system specs and settings (put it in your sig) so we can see what we are dealing with.

Ans yes turning off or down some settings can vastly improve your FPS

ashasha
14-05-2015, 14:36
First of all we need you system specs and settings (put it in your sig) so we can see what we are dealing with.

Ans yes turning off or down some settings can vastly improve your FPS
Just wondering what the different system specs would be for an Xbox one. Are they not the same?

thisisbleep
14-05-2015, 14:40
Just wondering what the different system specs would be for an Xbox one. Are they not the same?

I suspect that Roger thought that he was in the PC tech support section. :o

neoprime85
14-05-2015, 15:34

lol.

Im using a Microsoft Xbox One, 8GB DDR3
Clock: 2133MHz Bandwidth: 68.26 GB/s
+ 32MB eSRAM 8 Core AMD custom CPU
Frequency: 1.75 GHz 500 GB Hard Drive

lmao. Now i feel dirty, why PC superiority complex race enjoys doing that so much i dont know.

Lukeymonster
14-05-2015, 17:38
I have and great success with my digital copy. I have it installed on an external usb3 drive and it runs fantastic. Minimal frame drops in the most demanding conditions with a full grid of 45. If you can do it that is definitely the way to go. I suspect there are some memory leak issues that are the true culprit of the frame drops. Once in a long while my game will run horrible, much like other people's experience. When that happens I just exit the game, hard reboot my xbox and the same race runs as smooth as glass.

Roger Prynne
14-05-2015, 17:46

Yep... once again!!!!

TriggrPullrUSMC
14-05-2015, 19:48
I have and great success with my digital copy. I have it installed on an external usb3 drive and it runs fantastic. Minimal frame drops in the most demanding conditions with a full grid of 45. If you can do it that is definitely the way to go. I suspect there are some memory leak issues that are the true culprit of the frame drops. Once in a long while my game will run horrible, much like other people's experience. When that happens I just exit the game, hard reboot my xbox and the same race runs as smooth as glass.

If I did the download version of the game I assume I can copy it to the USB3 as well? Sorry not even remotely a super user of xbox I am stoked when I remember how to turn on the steering wheel :)

thisisbleep
15-05-2015, 03:21
If I did the download version of the game I assume I can copy it to the USB3 as well? Sorry not even remotely a super user of xbox I am stoked when I remember how to turn on the steering wheel :)

You can move the games from the internal to the external hard drive in the Xbox One dashboard, but sadly you have to do it one game at a time (there is no "move all" option).

Go to the "games and apps" app and when you select a game press the menu button, then choose "manage storage" (or something along those words) and tell it to move the files. You can also go into the settings and tell it to install games to the external hard drive automatically, for future purchases.