PDA

View Full Version : Race Number and Helmet Selection

Mr Akina
14-05-2015, 01:26
Even if the helmets are just standard ones that are currently in the game... We need some continuity/connection with our racer! Plus, the race numbers.. WTF! At least put them on the cars.

Thanks xxx

Max Kelly
14-05-2015, 07:33
I do not think we'll see this feature in the game.

Blackvault
14-05-2015, 07:49
Even if the helmets are just standard ones that are currently in the game... We need some continuity/connection with our racer! Plus, the race numbers.. WTF! At least put them on the cars.

Thanks xxx

I'm not sure if you'll see customization helmets but I really doubt you'll see the race numbers one. It will mean that another layer will be added to the car's skin and this will obviously take more memory to render it which as you can imagine is hard to come by on the consoles.

I hope this helps.

Pete

Mr Akina
14-05-2015, 08:46
I'm not sure if you'll see customization helmets but I really doubt you'll see the race numbers one. It will mean that another layer will be added to the car's skin and this will obviously take more memory to render it which as you can imagine is hard to come by on the consoles.

I hope this helps.

Pete

Then they should remove the race number option, surely?! Thanks

Blackvault
14-05-2015, 08:48

I'm not a 100% sure what that number is for, I haven't played much of the career yet. Maybe someone who has had more career experience can explain where the number is used.

Pete

NinjaWookiee
14-05-2015, 09:02
I don't care as much about the numbers, but surely it should be possible to assign a specific helmet skin to your player model, at least for career mode (and overalls, which only change when you sign a new contract).

Mr Akina
14-05-2015, 09:41
I'm not a 100% sure what that number is for, I haven't played much of the career yet. Maybe someone who has had more career experience can explain where the number is used.

Pete

I've raced around 10 seasons, so far it's not had any use in my career. Considering how important a race number and helmet style is to a racing driver; it doesn't 'sim' the career very well. Even Codemasters' F1 allows you to choose a helmet.

cruzzoe
15-05-2015, 18:18
I've raced around 10 seasons, so far it's not had any use in my career. Considering how important a race number and helmet style is to a racing driver; it doesn't 'sim' the career very well. Even Codemasters' F1 allows you to choose a helmet.

itīs very bad to see your helmet change every race and the fact that i canīt use my lucky number...

BloodCat
16-05-2015, 14:25

Race number that is not used, race engineer gone AWOL despite all the mentions... that's how SMS roll, baby!