PDA

View Full Version : Telemetry in Replay?

nordoceltic
14-05-2015, 02:42
I poked thorough the forums for a bit but I didn't see my answer.

Is it possible to view telemetry in replays? Either in game or via a 3rd party app? I have to PC so if I have to I'll fumble with a tool.

Also...what the heck is with racing games and no telemetry in replays even for practice mode? Its kinda hard to see what my car is doing when I drive hard as paying attention to telemetry and the track are mutually exclusive things.

BloodCat
14-05-2015, 17:18
Yeah, this make me wonder too. Driving while simultaneously gathering and analyzing telemetry information is annoying at best.

menaceuk
14-05-2015, 17:31
I have found no way to view them in replay.

I to am perplexed at the idea of telemetry in actual gameplay & not replay as well.

Scrogg
14-05-2015, 17:38
Not EXACTLY what you are looking for but http://www.tomshane.cz/profiler/ records telemetry and allows you to play it back, just not with your replay.

I do agree it would be nice to be able to watch the in-game telemetry while watching a replay, especially the brake clutch and throttle.

BloodCat
14-05-2015, 18:52
Not EXACTLY what you are looking for but http://www.tomshane.cz/profiler/ records telemetry and allows you to play it back, just not with your replay.

I do agree it would be nice to be able to watch the in-game telemetry while watching a replay, especially the brake clutch and throttle.

Useful, but I'm not nearly that good in race engineering to turn profiler data into actual road situation in my head. So where can we request a feature? :)

Outlier
14-05-2015, 21:10
I haven't even had a chance to check out Telemetry yet or do any tuning. But this annoyed me on Forza 5 as well. What I did instead was to pull up Telemetry in a practice session. After a few laps to warm the tires, I'd drive through certain sections of the track and say "Xbox record that". Then I'd back out to home screen to view upload clips and analyze the data. - then back into the game to make setting changes.

Its not ideal but better than trying to analyze the data during hard cornering!

**edit - this is obviously for Xbox One. but you can probably hit the upload button on PS4 as well - not sure about PC.

VR-42
15-05-2015, 21:17
I have been using a gopro

JeyD02
15-05-2015, 23:02
Ya this week in would be a helpful feature to have that in reply.