PDA

View Full Version : I know this may sound like blasphemy...

TrackDayKC
14-05-2015, 05:09
But what would be ideal controller settings for someone who uses the A button for throttle, and X button for brake?

Due to a childhood accident, my left hand isnt the best at anything, and forces me to map the throttle and brake to the buttons. I did the same with Forza and any other console racer that would let me. Im doing quite well with Project Cars this way (in my eyes at least) making clean laps despite having the same controller issues as everyone else. I am eagerly awaiting the patch also.

But is there a setting that doesnt lock the brakes up? or maybe gradually increses the throttle so it doesnt go from 0% to 100% everytime i push it?

Everyone has different ways to play the game. And i LOVE Project Cars and going back to Forza is not an option.

Nightfall
14-05-2015, 05:14
No. The face buttons are on or off, nothing in between. If that's the only way you can play the game you're going to have to turn on ABS and TCS. If your right hand is fine why not use the right trigger for throttle and a face button for brakes with ABS turned on?

TrackDayKC
14-05-2015, 05:26
No. The face buttons are on or off, nothing in between. If that's the only way you can play the game you're going to have to turn on ABS and TCS. If your right hand is fine why not use the right trigger for throttle and a face button for brakes with ABS turned on?

Ive thought about doing that...i will have to try it out in the morning. Right now, this racer needs sleep.

Supaaafly
14-05-2015, 05:56
Hey fella. At the risk of becoming known as the 'controller guy' it's possible to put either acceleration, brake or indeed both onto the right analogue stick. This'll at least give you some graduation between off and on. Can't imagine 100% of any input is good for you in Project Cars. There was a game, back in the day, that was set up in this way by default (free 'like' to anyone who can remember what it was?). Surprising how easy it is to get used to again!

thisisbleep
14-05-2015, 06:24
There are a couple of Xbox One controller options to choose from, you should compare the "digital" and "analogue" ones.

robwdavies
14-05-2015, 08:01
Hey fella. At the risk of becoming known as the 'controller guy' it's possible to put either acceleration, brake or indeed both onto the right analogue stick. This'll at least give you some graduation between off and on. Can't imagine 100% of any input is good for you in Project Cars. There was a game, back in the day, that was set up in this way by default (free 'like' to anyone who can remember what it was?). Surprising how easy it is to get used to again!

Was it Project Gotham?

SpeedFreakDTM
14-05-2015, 09:40
You could always edit the tune, and turn down the brake pressure.