PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good BMW Z4 GT3 generic setup

NexusRoy
14-05-2015, 07:30
Hi,

I really like driving the Z4 in the GT3 races, but I'm struggling to find a proper setup. Either I finish making a good-drivable car setup, but slow, or fast car setup but almost spinning in every close corner.

I'm looking for a good generic setup, so I can start from that point and make adjustments, depending on track.

Thanks in advance :)

Thomas Sikora
14-05-2015, 07:43
i drive mostly the GT3,
for your request it would help to know your input device (maybe make an personal signature)

the default Z4 setup i find one of the best one (driving with wheel). The car has a nice turn in, light rear which is difficult to drive but fast if you drive floaty.
IMO i would don't change much. Maybe, if the topspeed is to low, reduce rear downforce to7 but then you must change the balance.
Front springs one click stiffer, also the rolbars on front 2 clicks stiffer.

Jens Schmitt
14-05-2015, 08:16
Right the default setup is nice. And you can change the gear ratios longer for high sppd tracks like monza. Btw with real settings is the easiest car in gt3 class

NexusRoy
14-05-2015, 08:17
i drive mostly the GT3,
for your request it would help to know your input device (maybe make an personal signature)

the default Z4 setup i find one of the best one (driving with wheel). The car has a nice turn in, light rear which is difficult to drive but fast if you drive floaty.
IMO i would don't change much. Maybe, if the topspeed is to low, reduce rear downforce to7 but then you must change the balance.
Front springs one click stiffer, also the rolbars on front 2 clicks stiffer.

Right, I'm using a G27 wheel. I'll try those changes to gain some speed, thanks!

NexusRoy
14-05-2015, 08:18
Right the default setup is nice. And you can change the gear ratios longer for high sppd tracks like monza. Btw with real settings is the easiest car in gt3 class

I always thought the easiest car was the McLaren MP4, I always felt like cheating when driving it heh (in Assetto Corsa).

fitz the viking
14-05-2015, 08:35
i have softened the rear with some success too. increasing braking force and more braking bias towards the front but careful trail braking into corners.

Sinisass
14-05-2015, 09:00
The Z4 gt3 is one of the best cars in Project Cars.....

Dasidnii
14-05-2015, 13:32
I love the stock set up on it. If anything, id just mess with tire pressures and suit it to your driving style. (if you like a looser setup, bring tire pressures up. tighter, bring them down)

JeyD02
15-05-2015, 14:34
What's your style of driving? Do you drive smooth or a little wild on exits by fighting the oversteer? Do you want more understeer or oversteer? You take bumps a lot.? There just many things that you can setup that can be related to you.

XPR Cap10Morgan
26-05-2015, 21:00
You take bumps a lot.?
What would you recommend if you DO take bumps a lot? Say for instance, the curbs on the chicanes at Oulton International? I've seen people save a lot of time by running over these curbs, giving a much straighter line through the chicane and exiting much faster. I've tried messing with suspension, but honestly its just a blind man throwing darts at this point. Haven't figured out how to make this car not want to flip when hitting those bumps.

Pervasive
28-05-2015, 02:19
I'm only slightly better then blind. But if you watch the telemetry look at spring as you run over the Cubs if the top lights up red then raise bump stop - set all your fast bumps to soft then running the curbs shouldn't upset the car as much.

Total over simplification and some real tuner will tell tweak this that and another thing. But a down dirty not perfect. Bump stop should be high enough that it doesn't turn red (but only as high as you need it for it not to turn red and fast bump is the part that deals with fast undulations- curbs bumps etc. while the slow bump and rebounds are for car balance into and out of turns. (Wish I understood dampening) the fast bumps should be on the softer side.

MULTIVITZ
28-05-2015, 08:36
Hi,

I really like driving the Z4 in the GT3 races, but I'm struggling to find a proper setup. Either I finish making a good-drivable car setup, but slow, or fast car setup but almost spinning in every close corner.

I'm looking for a good generic setup, so I can start from that point and make adjustments, depending on track.

Thanks in advance :)

It would take too long to help you. Re: tuning grind