PDA

View Full Version : drift mode

ozm8ey
14-05-2015, 07:39
Add drift mode please for single player and multiplayer. I want the point system and yeah i know the game is a racing simulator but that didn't stop assetto corsa and forza from adding it did it?

Max Kelly
14-05-2015, 07:52
Maybe in the next title. :triumphant:

MostHated
18-05-2015, 18:36
I would not say that exactly a "drift mode" needs to be added, but I would sure like to see wider open area tracks that allow for custom layout placement of barriers, barrels, cones and the like to allow people who want to do auto-x / drift style fun the ability to do so. That was my favorite part of Live for Speed.

ThaJay
19-05-2015, 17:02
I don't think we need a drift mode
in forza we used to reverse the drift tracks to not have points.

what we need, is proper counter steering help for gamepads. The caterham drives me flipping insane every time I try to correct oversteer. It really pisses me off.

I know how to drive and how to keep the cars on the track. I also tweaked my controller settings and I am relatively happy with those.
What I can't stand is, every time I counter steer the damn thing goes to full lock. Forza limits steering based on when understeer starts to happen (it stops just after). This means counter steer is automatically great. It's impossible to decide the exact amount of counter steer that is needed so we need this on gamepad, even for full speed racing. I can never push my car to the limit if I can't trust in my counter steer not flipping the car in the opposite direction because I moved my thumb 1mm too far.

Forza nailed this, but no one else has. How hard is it to have steering relative to grip??
and: Don't the weels have force feedback to do exactly this for them? rear gets loose, release the wheel and hold it where it 'wants' to be.
I have a force feedback wheel but I do not want to use it all the time. I am prepared to put in months of practice like I had to do with forza to get anywhere. But subtly counter steer I can not do.

note: opposite lock help is off. often, a little bit of counter steer is needed for a relatively long time. How can I do this with a gamepad and still have reflexes?