PDA

View Full Version : Race Suits & Helmets?

olliefroomes
14-05-2015, 09:30
Morning all!

So, I'm getting significantly stuck into Project Cars, as I am sure the rest of you wonderful people are.

Not sure if this is becoming a bit of a gripe for anyone else, but my in game character model seems to be burning through a HUGE variety of race suits and helmets faster than a hot knife through butter. I've tried some googling and have scoured through the in game menu's but I can't see if there is anyway to actually choose your own race suit and helmet?

I understand that race suits would obviously change depending on who you're driving for, but I've done a karting championship where it changed almost every other race. Is there a way to keep the same race suit/helmet throughout a championship and potentially have the same one for online play too?

Any help would be great! :)

iv-tecman
14-05-2015, 09:33
You can't select your own suits and helmets, which is just odd when in career mode.

I also love how it asks for a car number but it never uses it on a single car you drive. Why even ask for it ?

But yes, helmet choice would be a cool feature..

olliefroomes
14-05-2015, 09:52
I also love how it asks for a car number but it never uses it on a single car you drive. Why even ask for it ?

I did notice this - I assume it's just a bug at the moment... Not sure if anyone else can confirm?

** edit: Quote doesn't seem to want to work for me :(

Katilla
14-05-2015, 10:26
Perhaps the most important car color (or individual team logo) and
Change needed for start numbers online tournaments.

There will be such a WMD gays?

Siberian Tiger
14-05-2015, 10:29

I did notice this - I assume it's just a bug at the moment... Not sure if anyone else can confirm?

** edit: Quote doesn't seem to want to work for me :(

Nope not a Bug, it's by Design... The Number is only used for the Social News Blog on the right Side and Team Emails.

olliefroomes
14-05-2015, 10:57
Nope not a Bug, it's by Design... The Number is only used for the Social News Blog on the right Side and Team Emails.

That's a shame, I feel (not sure if anyone else does) that it's nice to have consistency in games like this and feel like it's actually you that's doing the racing in your own car and your own gear. Not just being thrown into some random car and suit each time with my name put on a scoreboard at the end.

Will it be changed at any point?

The social news blog/twitter feed needs some work too, I only ever see the same posts over and over.

cruzzoe
15-05-2015, 18:11
That's a shame, I feel (not sure if anyone else does) that it's nice to have consistency in games like this and feel like it's actually you that's doing the racing in your own car and your own gear. Not just being thrown into some random car and suit each time with my name put on a scoreboard at the end.

Will it be changed at any point?

The social news blog/twitter feed needs some work too, I only ever see the same posts over and over.

I agree with you, itīs awful to see your helmet change every race and the fact that i canīt use my lucky number... hehehe

Chairman7w
15-05-2015, 18:20
Whoa... When I saw the thread title, I thought the thread would be: "Do you guys wear racing suits and helmets when you play?"

I don't know if I'm happy or sad, that it's not the case...

squirrelracer49
11-08-2015, 15:11
I'd really like to change my team colors, number, helmet, and suit. Give it some of my personality.

chig88
11-08-2015, 19:05
This would be a really nice feature. PCARS 2 maybe?

Jakob
11-08-2015, 20:05
Another cool feature would be to have the ability to put your last name and the flag of your country on one of the windows. I wish we could choose a helmet and race suit.