PDA

View Full Version : Headlight "Flash" for future update?

kilotango
14-05-2015, 10:29
Being able to "flash" your headlights before an overtake manouver is something i was hoping would be in this game. Coming from GT6, its quite a handy feature for MP, it added that little more realism to night racing.

What does everyone else think?

Blackvault
14-05-2015, 10:31
Being able to "flash" your headlights before an overtake manouver is something i was hoping would be in this game. Coming from GT6, its quite a handy feature for MP, it added that little more realism to night racing.

What does everyone else think?

It should be mappable on the on the XBOX. You are definitely able to switch your lights on and off on the PC after assigning the button. Whether you have enough buttons on the controller is another matter.

Pete

danowat
14-05-2015, 10:34
Yes, you can turn them on / off on the console versions, so I guess you could use that as a flash, however, bit of a pain with the M1.......

Blackvault
14-05-2015, 10:36
Yes, you can turn them on / off on the console versions, so I guess you could use that as a flash, however, bit of a pain with the M1.......

The M1 is indeed fun... "Right I need to flash my lights." ... Press button.... wait ... waiting.. Lights on... Press button.... wait.... waiting.... Lights off. "Damn he didn't see me, I'll do it again". Just think of the 2mph gain with the lights on :p

Pete

Pattynufc
14-05-2015, 10:36
Press up on the d-pad to flash lights on and off. Whether the cars take any notice i don't know

kilotango
14-05-2015, 10:50
Press up on the d-pad to flash lights on and off. Whether the cars take any notice i don't know

cheers, i actually did try this..and it does work, however the idea of a dedicated flash button would be more appealing. just one button, and its job done?
in the heat of the moment, for us unco-ordinated folk.. sometimes end up changing HUD's ;)

CTR69
14-05-2015, 10:56
I'm using joy2key app and a 5-times-a-second repeater of a headlights button.

The problem is when I press it again to disable the repeater, it can stop while the headlights are off, so I have to turn them back on manually. In-game button would be much better.

marksy
14-05-2015, 11:58
i often flash my lights or turn them on when im on a flier in qualy but everyone seems to think that's code for turn down on me even though i just watched them leave the pits knowing all to well they're not even being times

Matthijs035
14-05-2015, 13:23

The problem is when I press it again to disable the repeater, it can stop while the headlights are off, so I have to turn them back on manually. In-game button would be much better.

(On PC version)

I use 2 little programs :

Autohotkey - http://www.autohotkey.com/
J2K - http://emulation-evolved.net/?q=node/19

In Project Cars i use the key L on my keyboard for "Headlights"

Then in J2K i have connected 2 butons on my wheel to 2 keys on my keyboard :

1 button to the key V
1 button to the key B

With Autohotkey is use 2 scripts for the 2 keys V & B :

Script for key B :

$b::
SendInput {l down}
Sleep 100
SendInput {l up}
Return

Script for key V :

$v::
SendInput {l down}
Sleep 50
SendInput {l up}
Sleep 120
SendInput {l down}
Sleep 50
SendInput {l up}
Sleep 120
SendInput {l down}
Sleep 50
SendInput {l up}
Sleep 120
SendInput {l down}
Sleep 50
SendInput {l up}
Sleep 120
SendInput {l down}
Sleep 50
SendInput {l up}
Sleep 120
SendInput {l down}
Sleep 50
SendInput {l up}
Sleep 120
SendInput {l down}
Sleep 50
SendInput {l up}
Sleep 120
SendInput {l down}
Sleep 50
SendInput {l up}
Sleep 120
SendInput {l down}
Sleep 50
SendInput {l up}
Sleep 120
SendInput {l down}
Sleep 50
SendInput {l up}
Sleep 120
Return

The result is that, when drving, i can turn on the headlights with 1 button on my wheel.
With another button on my wheel i can flash my headlight 5 times, and after the flashing they will stay on !

Mayby my workarround it not the smartest , but anyway it works perfect !

:cool:

Mahjik
14-05-2015, 13:44
The headlight flash feature has been requested (specifically by me) in the WMD community. No word on if it's something that will happen, but it has been requested.

MysterG
14-05-2015, 13:47
Moved to Feature Suggestions

kilotango
15-05-2015, 10:23

This is why PC gaming is still relevant, nice mods that cant be used on consoles :)

The headlight flash feature has been requested (specifically by me) in the WMD community. No word on if it's something that will happen, but it has been requested.

Ahh, thats awesome...thanks, really hope it gets added in!

Essobie
15-05-2015, 14:28
AutoHotKey can do joystick buttons... you don't need Joy2Key. This webpage is timing out currently, but there's an AHK script that will test for joystick button presses and let you know what button to call in your AHK scripts.

https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/scripts/JoystickTest.htm

Bounty_V
15-05-2015, 14:34
I like this idea, on the assumption that you mean flashing hi-beam/low-beam as opposed to turning the headlights on/off. It's already possible to just turn headlights on/off, but I think it should be possible to flash headlights while they stay on.

kilotango
15-05-2015, 17:37
on the assumption that you mean flashing hi-beam/low-beam as opposed to turning the headlights on/off. It's already possible to just turn headlights on/off, but I think it should be possible to flash headlights while they stay on.

yeah, exactly that... flash the headlights (from low beam to high beam quickly) without having to turn headlights on/off. If you watch the 24 Hours of Le Mans, you often see the LMP1 cars do this before overtaking the slower LM GTE cars

Yorkie065
15-05-2015, 23:47
I think the easiest way to do it would be to have the on/off button that we currently have which you press to toggle, but to flash you press and hold it down for however long you want to flash for.

Would also like to see it be done via the high-beam rather than lights on or off as long as it doesn't tax on the performance (FPS) too much.