PDA

View Full Version : ETA on a Patch?

Pablo2008jedi
14-05-2015, 10:55
I know it can take several weeks, but can we have a tentative release date for the next Patch?

jimclark62
14-05-2015, 11:02
game definitely needs patching. There are quite a few niggling problems

lldrew
14-05-2015, 11:14
Probably never, SMS have there money now!!

djdavedoc
14-05-2015, 11:15

Not just saying this because I am a WMD Member and I have followed Project CARS since 2012 but I think you are being really harsh here. I don't think that is the case!

Diluvian
14-05-2015, 11:21

No? They still have to sell copies of the game, to get a good amount of return? :D

The patch will come, definitely. whats wrong with you.

Rug22
14-05-2015, 11:28
Xboxhhave a patch coming so ps4 would follow suit at some point, I think PC have now had 2 patches

garirox
14-05-2015, 12:56
Surely any information on a PS4 patch they can give us is better than the silence we currently have....?

Garymaz
14-05-2015, 14:10

I think that there has been far too much time and effort to make this game great to just let things ride and not bother patching it.

FoxMulder
14-05-2015, 15:50
As far as their involvement in this forum goes, keeping track of known bugs and replying to people, they're far away from ignoring these problems. I'd guess probably around 2 month to fix the major problems, including testing and QA at Sony.

Siberian Tiger
14-05-2015, 15:55
The 1. Patch for the Controller Issues on Xbox One is on it's way... (And some other things)

It's allready in the Certification Process from MS / Sony..

This can take between some day to 2 Weeks. -> Not in the Hand of SMS...

You all can be sure that SMS is working hard to fix all the Issues on Console and also on PC.

This Game is not a Sale and Forget thing! It will be maintained for at least 2 Years...

ish
14-05-2015, 15:57
free dlc release date anyone?

biomarvel
15-05-2015, 09:10
this game has only been out one week. SMS need time to get all the bug reports etc.

If the DLC is a free car every month, then you probably have 3 weeks till the first one.

Siberian Tiger
15-05-2015, 09:12
Yes, correct the next free car DLC will be at the beginning of the Month June...

Pablo2008jedi
15-05-2015, 09:16
The 1. Patch for the Controller Issues on Xbox One is on it's way... (And some other things)

It's allready in the Certification Process from MS / Sony..

This can take between some day to 2 Weeks. -> Not in the Hand of SMS...

You all can be sure that SMS is working hard to fix all the Issues on Console and also on PC.

This Game is not a Sale and Forget thing! It will be maintained for at least 2 Years...

Yes I understand the release process, but it would be nice for SMS to make an announcement with what's in the pipeline and an estimation for a release. I'm happy to wait a few weeks, but I would, and probably the community too, like to know what its being tackled in what stage.

e.g.
Patch A: Controller and Leaderboard fixes, patch is now in for certification expected in 2 weeks time
Patch B: AI Fixes, in dev and expected to release for certification in 2 weeks time
Patch C: blah blah

These are things any company with have in planning, I don't expect bug numbers or lengthy details of what is fixed (until release and its in the patch notes :D )

jdmnsprd
15-05-2015, 09:22
Yes, correct the next free car DLC will be at the beginning of the Month June...

is it going to be free for ps4 too?

Siberian Tiger
15-05-2015, 09:23
is it going to be free for ps4 too?

Yes, on all Platforms...

Sporran
15-05-2015, 09:55
A patch asap so i can at least play the game without feeling sick would be nice. 1 week today and cannot play!

Siberian Tiger
15-05-2015, 09:58
Without feeling sick? You have choosen the Platform PC in your Profile are you sure?

If you are Playing on PS4, then the TXAA can cause some blur, but the Dev's are aware. <- They will probably provide a Slider or different AA Method for PS4...

Sporran
15-05-2015, 10:51
Must be default dont remember choosing a platform. PS4 here i know some peeps dont see it, im at the other end. Its nauseating.

Knighters
15-05-2015, 10:54

A strange statement. I would like to believe that the game will receive constant updates and patches. It is in their interest to do so.

Umer Ahmad
15-05-2015, 11:55
This is the ONLY game SMS is focusing on rest of the year. They are not EA or Activision with a large portfolio of games to manage. You can be assured that Ian's entire team is behind this and only this game. It is not a "ship & forget" game, their existence as an independent studio depends fully on this game you all just purchased.

Is it clear now their commitment level?

Information about any patches and "pipelines" will be published when it is ready. That can be soon or it might be lottle longer as other companies are also involved with these patches.

Marrrfooo
15-05-2015, 12:04
A strange statement. I would like to believe that the game will receive constant updates and patches. It is in their interest to do so.

It's best to neither respond to, nor feed the trolls. :) It was the most irrational comment I've seen on the forums thus far. Hehehe.

HeeseyChelmet
15-05-2015, 12:20

*their

Sankyo
15-05-2015, 15:56

Are you going to eat your words and apologize when it does come out, and the next few patches (as long as needed) as well?

Just curious.

bjosim
15-05-2015, 16:06
I'm patient for now :) I struggled a bit when i finally got it and it turned out i couldn't play because of terrible ghosting, but one day, i'll get to play and it'll be like "yay" :D