PDA

View Full Version : Please read - Stuttering/stall on XB1

Ged Keaveney
14-05-2015, 10:11
New request by Ged:

Good to hear, we're making progress. Could you and any other affected users please check your settings and report back with your info please (whilst connected to XBL and experiencing the stutter)

1. What power mode option do you use (Settings->Power & startup->Power mode)
2. What NAT type do you have (Settings->Network->NAT type)
3. Is your connection wired or wireless (Settings->Network->Current Network Status)

Original post:

Hi all, regarding the stuttering/stall issues, as posted elsewhere we're working hard to find and fix the problems. We want everyone's experience of playing the game to be perfect so it's a great source of frustration to our dev team too that this issue is affecting people. Despite lots of testing by our internal team, two external QA companies and Microsoft themselves, this issue was never seen and we're still trying to reproduce it. Getting feedback from the community to help us nail this one is a big help and greatly appreciated.

For anyone else having this issue, could you check the following info on your XB1 and send the info through to us please. Go to Settings->System->Manage Storage and send the info it displays, either a screenshot or just text info is fine. We need info for all attached storage devices please. When you post info please also mention the symptoms you're seeing such as when it happens (solo, online, track, vehicle etc) or link to any previous post you've done with that info please.

Here's mine for reference

Thanks

Elmo
14-05-2015, 11:05
Moved to a separate thread and stickied for better visibility

bobblebob
14-05-2015, 11:54
Mine is the same as yours Ged but only 16% used. No other devices attached.

Happens for me on Career mode (its the only mode i play) and tends to happen after an extended play session on the game (2-3 hours). Console is fully turned off each night so its a fresh reboot when this is happening. Rebooting the console does help abit but not 100%

Seems to be random. Same race it can happen on lap 1, lap 2 is fine then lap 3 it will stutter again

Weyoun
14-05-2015, 15:02
The only device i have attached to my XBox One is the Wireless Controller. And as i said it plays absolutely no role if i connect it via Wireless or Cable.

The problem happens definitely in Single Player and Career Mode. Other modes i didn't try til yet.

HEF51
14-05-2015, 15:54

It is a 7400 RPM drive, just a typo on my xbox. EDIT: Sorry for the blurriness, just snapped a quick pic and didn't look at it.
Game is on the External with 2%. All other games and app are on the internal.

Here are some clips, that both happened online. Nobody left or entered a party chat. Left or entered the race lobby. No notifications popped up. Nothing downloading in the background, Just completely random.

Clip 1: This was a random online race. Myself and 2 random people. Freezes for no apparent reason.
http://xboxclips.com/HEF51/6bb59f83-95f2-4503-9de8-6988115146e0

Clip 2: A online race with 2 other friends who have very stable hardwired connections and 7 AI opponents. 2 freezes in 7 seconds. Both accounted for about 3 seconds.
http://xboxclips.com/HEF51/a786b631-a500-4736-89e7-714132fd17df

3rd time I had this happen to me was exiting the pits at Silverstone National in the Ginetta junior career.

For all I was in party chat with friends, Controller plugged in with chat headset connected.

EDIT: Two more times the screen freeze happened. Has happened about once a day.

Online race, game chat, 9 people, all with open NATs and hardwired connections:
http://xboxclips.com/HEF51/578c7577-c9b2-4cc0-b9b2-57cf17931948

Online Practice, 4 people, same connections:
http://xboxclips.com/HEF51/b944af45-6f96-4a6f-8e7d-6f69dddfeadf

Elmo
14-05-2015, 16:10
Just for confirmation HEF51, you are running pCars from your external HDD?

HEF51
14-05-2015, 16:31
Just for confirmation HEF51, you are running pCars from your external HDD?

Yes I just edited it before you posted, sorry about that.

bobblebob
14-05-2015, 18:09
Weirdly my mate has the same setup as me (installed to internal nothing else attached) and has had zero framerate and stutter. Seems odd if its some poorly optimised code why some get it some dont#

He also has instant on on so hardly ever reboots the machine

Sankyo
14-05-2015, 18:18
Weirdly my mate has the same setup as me (installed to internal nothing else attached) and has had zero framerate and stutter. Seems odd if its some poorly optimised code why some get it some dont#

He also has instant on on so hardly ever reboots the machine

What are your and your mate's HDD status as requested in the OP?

Raven403
14-05-2015, 18:54

It is a 7400 RPM drive, just a typo on my xbox. EDIT: Sorry for the blurriness, just snapped a quick pic and didn't look at it.
Game is on the External with 2%. All other games and app are on the internal.

Here are some clips, that both happened online. Nobody left or entered a party chat. Left or entered the race lobby. No notifications popped up. Nothing downloading in the background, Just completely random.

Clip 1: This was a random online race. Myself and 2 random people. Freezes for no apparent reason.
http://xboxclips.com/HEF51/6bb59f83-95f2-4503-9de8-6988115146e0

Clip 2: A online race with 2 other friends who have very stable hardwired connections and 7 AI opponents. 2 freezes in 7 seconds. Both accounted for about 3 seconds.
http://xboxclips.com/HEF51/a786b631-a500-4736-89e7-714132fd17df

3rd time I had this happen to me was exiting the pits at Silverstone National in the Ginetta junior career.

For all I was in party chat with friends, Controller plugged in with chat headset connected.

I have the same setup as HEF51 and I get stutters and FPS drops but not ALL the time. Ill post this clip to show what happens for me....

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/b167ea04-9bbc-42dc-82af-7e41a53de2ff

and im not sure you can see the FPS issue here but its there not to mention the AI bug..

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/d16b4177-47f2-431f-88f4-8c1d5f429fbb

just to reiterate I have a 1TB External HDD that i run the game from, I have only 25% of total space occupied on my collective storage.

bobblebob
14-05-2015, 19:06
What are your and your mate's HDD status as requested in the OP?

Cant speak for my mates, but mine is on 25% used (installed a game today hence the increase since my last post)

Pepsighost
14-05-2015, 19:14
Pcar is running from the external hard drive which is a seagate backup plus 1tb usb 3.0
During online multiplayer in a private lobby with friends ,so we were in game chat,the screen stuttered a number of times and twice the screen froze completely but you could still hear the car going and crashing causing me to quit the game back to dashboard and restart
I wasn't the only one in the lobby that had these issues
The cars we were using at the time were the ginetta juniors
Also the whole lobby seemed very unstable with people being dropped out and rejoining the practice sessions

HLR King Cobra
14-05-2015, 20:26
Game is installed on external portable HD (WD My Passport Ultra 2TB), at the most 20% filled.

I get the stuttering most obviously on the dubai karting circuit in single player. It seems like it has something to do with the curbs, when I put just two wheels on it seems to be fine but the moment I run a little wide (most commonly turn 6 & last turn) & put all tires on the curbs the framerate drops. At 70% difficulty it was unplayable, moving it down to 60% was playable but still very noticeable, these were completely different gaming sessions. Xbox is in power saving mode.

Hope this can help narrow it down.

Ged Keaveney
14-05-2015, 21:02
Thanks for the info so far from everyone

cedric1997
14-05-2015, 21:18

On my side, it never freeze, but I get low FPS in some specific situations. My external hard drive is a 1TB Touro 7200 RPM, witch is faster than the internal hard drive, so the speed isn't the problem.

For the situations when it happens, the most of the time it's in the second kart track in career mode.

Im Sorry
15-05-2015, 10:55
Only controller connected.Issues in all game modes.Not as bad on time trial or community events though!!

z3r0cool77
15-05-2015, 16:53
I don't have any additional devices installed. The game just starts to get gradually worse over a few hours of playing. Particularly if running weather effects.I also tend to restart sessions a lot so don't know if that can contribute.

Bambus
15-05-2015, 17:18

Seagate External Desktop Drive 7200rpm external power 2TB. I've had the freeze 3 times, can still hear audio like game is still going but the screen is froze like a screenshot. Comes back after approx 30sec. Have the stutter too, audio stutters along with game

john bigbootie
15-05-2015, 23:26
sound/image stutter during replays with some definite frequency. sound stuttering during racing every race. feels like it occurs each time after about the same amount of real time after race start. dont think ive noticed it driving solo. cant swear to that though. admittedly havent played a huge amount. kinda waitin for the fixes. and playing off Hal 3000. seagate 3tb sold for the xbox one. (gamestop)

snewkirk2
16-05-2015, 00:26
Info - Internal Storage - 73.7% used - 95.7GB free of 364.9GB

Issues
- Video stuttering especially when in traffic, weather, heavy graphic processing (ie Rain, Shadows, Glare). It happens on every track seemingly at random to varying degrees but some tracks exhibit the issue every time at specific sections of tracks. For example, the horseshoe of Brands Hatch regardless of the coincidences previously listed. This happens in all game modes.
- Audio garble. As though there was feedback from a microphone. Seems to occur at least two or more times per race randomly. It almost never coincides with the stuttering. This also never occurs in menus.

LextersQuest
16-05-2015, 10:14
I got 76% used. Only controller and Thrustmaster wheel connected.
The video that Heff51 posted in his reply is good example what happens.
I play carreer in 100% session length with everything on realdammage . Had it happen in all different classes.
karts gt3 formula.
Sometimes i hear it coming, sounds gets scratchy and hup it freezes. Sometimes just 3-5 sec but also had like 10-15 sec.
Hearing the race go on, wen it comes back my wheel jerking all over and me ending up a wall and race finished for me.
This happens sometimes in lap 2 of 26, but then it also happens in lap 18 of 26 and then im really swearing here.

I really love this game (could be best racing game i played) but this is absolutly starting to get to me.
All the people i played with have had this kind of problems so how is it possible that your testers dont encounter this.
Is the disc version maby little off compared to the version the testers are playing.

gazmac1384
16-05-2015, 12:06
Hi all, regarding the stuttering/stall issues, as posted elsewhere we're working hard to find and fix the problems. We want everyone's experience of playing the game to be perfect so it's a great source of frustration to our dev team too that this issue is affecting people. Despite lots of testing by our internal team, two external QA companies and Microsoft themselves, this issue was never seen and we're still trying to reproduce it. Getting feedback from the community to help us nail this one is a big help and greatly appreciated.

For anyone else having this issue, could you check the following info on your XB1 and send the info through to us please. Go to Settings->System->Manage Storage and send the info it displays, either a screenshot or just text info is fine. We need info for all attached storage devices please. When you post info please also mention the symptoms you're seeing such as when it happens (solo, online, track, vehicle etc) or link to any previous post you've done with that info please.

Here's mine for reference

Thanks

Stutters in any mode

Driv3r
17-05-2015, 09:35
Storage: 82.8% used, 62.6GB free of 364.9GB. Running Project Cars from Xbox, no external HDD, using disk. XBOne controller.
Driving the BMW M3 GT at Spa in Free Practice suffered screen freeze for about 1 second.
Career mode Renault Clio Cup gets stutter during each race.
Also experience game freeze on loading screens when going in to races in career mode or having changed settings after switching between Xbox and TV.

andybell
18-05-2015, 10:50

I had it originally installed on external storage but moved it to internal to try see if it made any difference...........it didn't. So at the moment its installed on the internal drive and still having the problems in every race, practice or qualifying.

LextersQuest
18-05-2015, 15:31
My freezing was really bad.
So i put my xbox one back to factory settings. With this everything was removed : games - saved games - apps - profiles .......
I reinstalled my profile - and installed the game - after 100% i let it install the patch.

After playing for 2hours 5min i had my first freeze up.
I was playing carreer gt3 100% session length. Had done 2 practice sesions and 2 qualifying sessions - First sprint race it froze in lap 9.

Beside Project cars there is nothing else installed on my xboxone now.

HEF51
18-05-2015, 17:31
So has there been any findings so far? Any update at all?

LextersQuest
19-05-2015, 08:30
Any news from programmers on encountering this freezing problem?
In beginning was said they were not able to encounter this problem.

So we know that they are at least able to try and find out why and how to fix it.
The fixing part will take some time, thats normal.
Thankfull for any reply.

DisneyGeek626
19-05-2015, 18:50
22,8% used on internal memory
281,4 Gb free
Wired with 100 Gb fiberglass connection

Happens every race, every event I have played. Now playing solo career Kart in Dubai. But happens al the time sometimes two, three times per lap.

Seems to happen when another car is very close behind me, but that's just a feeling.

Really don't like this problem and takes away all the fun, I just started playing and it's impossible to get a good ranking because of the freezes.

Please fix this quick!

SpeedcahS
19-05-2015, 21:21
I am not at home to get info but I have the game installed on an external and it is stuttering in most game modes, I only had it freeze once. It happens from time to time no matter what but gets much worse if I try and play the game from stand by. Not sure if that is really what it is called but the games runs much smoother for me after a hard reset or if I was playing a different game making project cars load from the start screen. If I turn off my xbox while at the games main menu or a race menu, turn it on later and it starts from the menu and does not load from the beginning it runs really bad. The same if I am playing, change to netflix for a while and then go back it stutters more then if I was to play from a hard reset.

andybell
20-05-2015, 09:22
Maybe try this............
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26452-Worked-for-me

gizziegod
20-05-2015, 12:28
i have tried the game on both the external (seagate 2TB) and reinstalled on the internal, i still get this but fortunately not as often as others it would seem it has only ruined three or four of my career races and only seen it once in mutiplayer.

WhiteNinja636
21-05-2015, 08:00
Just moved it from internal storage (19%) to a brand new external storage (0%) and i have had improvement in that i am experiencing less stuttering and FPS drops

HBK
21-05-2015, 10:57
Game is installed on an external SSD (500GB, 840 EVO if I recall correctly).

I've never experienced anything that could be called stuttering (and certainly no "stall"). The framerate is actually pretty good. It's far from perfect, but I'm reading a solid 60fps a lot of the time. There are traces of tearing here and there, but overall pretty good (as long as there is no rain, when there's rain the framerate probably fluctuates a lot around the high 50's and that produces a lot of tearing but that's not exactly what I would call "stuttering").

Obviously there is the "memory leak" issue that cause the framerate to drop to near stuttering level after some time, but rebooting the game fixes it. So that's annoying, but manageable.

Dunno if that helps much. If the slow ass drive in the console is the issue, then there's not much the devs can do at this point in the development (that would require scaling back a lot of stuff in order to allow this little notebook drive to breathe).

One thing that could be worth looking into though is that "memory leak" issue. I always reboot the game when I'm getting those forty-something framerates, but most people wouldn't notice it unless it's producing sub-30 framerates. So it may be that the game performance simply degrades over time to an unplayable degree (threshold effects and all that).

WhiteNinja636
21-05-2015, 11:20
Are you using some sort of GPU performance monitoring app or are you just able to speak from experience?

HBK
21-05-2015, 12:01
I have bionic eyes.

No, seriously.

I could see the (very few) frame drops that occurred in FM5 for example (about once per lap, which lead me to think it's probably related to I/O for replay recording or something).

When racing with a reasonable number of cars (up to 20), on most tracks, and as long as the weather stays dry, the framerate is pretty good. Tearing happens here and there, but it's rather rare.

There are some tracks or rather portions of some tracks that send the framerate into the 50's (with the associated tearing), but they're not the majority of the time, far from it.

If they really manage to pull off a somewhat consistent 10% performance increase across the board (as hinted for an upcoming patch), then we'll get a relatively solid 60fps title. It's not there yet, but it's close.

And obviously when the rain kicks in the performance is not as pretty but it's far from unplayable (it's basically fluctuating between the high 40's and the beloved 60, which with vsync disengaged stays rather playable despite the regular tearing).

I mean, I played GT6, a lot. That was a mess of framerate lol

Edit : To be clear, I'm talking while mostly playing the career, where the car count fluctuates between 12 and 30 at most (from what I've seen). With 20 cars (and when starting in a decent position), the framerate holds pretty well. Much better than I would have expected. It's totally possible that having the game on a SSD helps with that though.

LextersQuest
21-05-2015, 13:05
Hi,
Just tried a tip from someone. System Settings change your Xbox from 1080p to 720

Just did a carreer gt3 and raced for 3hours 30min straight and not one freeze.
Before i never was able to do anything or it would freeze up.

Edit: had to do a restart in main race because of pitstop not refuelling.
And to bad but in 6lap it froze up.

LextersQuest
22-05-2015, 09:31
I've had an issue with stuttering aka frame rate drop. If I'm running 20 or more AI, I encounter fps drop, especially on certain turns at various tracks. Occasionally on a straight, I'll see it to. Weather start falling, takes a big hit. Right now when I play Project Cars, I hard start my console first, then set my rez to 720p. If I still try to run a full grid or weather, game will have fps issues. I basically try to keep AI count around 16 with no precipitation falling. That makes it a smooth fps, no weather & lower AI count. My game is installed on external hdd.

Seagate 4TB STBV4000100 @ 7200 RPM

Probably overlooked something in game but how do i keep the amount or AI cars low. Normal play for me is 100%sessionlenght and 80-90% difficulty full damage no assist all on real
Is lowering difficulty aslo for getting les cars on the track?
Thanks.

Bealdor
22-05-2015, 09:34
Probably overlooked something in game but how do i keep the amount or AI cars low. Normal play for me is 100%sessionlenght and 80-90% difficulty full damage no assist all on real
Is lowering difficulty aslo for getting les cars on the track?
Thanks.

No. Number of cars is pre determined by the chosen race series in career and can not be adjusted.

LextersQuest
22-05-2015, 10:27
No. Number of cars is pre determined by the chosen race series in career and can not be adjusted.

ok thanks for the reply.

nissan4ever
23-05-2015, 10:53
ok thanks for the reply.

You can choose AI count in solo race weekend

nissan4ever
23-05-2015, 11:02
Apon further testing, the only way to have this game run truly smooth with the fps not stuttering. You need to basically stay out of career mode. Why? You can't control time of day. In solo race weekend, free practice & multiplayer, you can set time of day. Game fps runs really good when time of day is set to 11:00. You don't see the sun & the game isn't having to render it's effects. You still need to keep the AI count down to 19 or lower (I run 16 AI). No weather either, keep clear. Then you'll have a stutter free fps experience. Even with console set to 1080p.

Once the they better the game performance over a couple patches, it should be fine to go to career or set weather or AI to whatever & have no issues.

This is what I've noticed. My game is on an external hdd @ 7200 RPM.

Raven403
27-05-2015, 13:55
Career Race at Brands (by far the worst for me FPS wise) But now there was a ghost blip car behind me almost all session...

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/ddc20573-d975-4e61-9a37-147c21965950

ItchyBear
30-05-2015, 16:00
I have bionic eyes.

:) lol ~ shows how old you are to even know that bionic eyes exist lol ;)

Steve who? Six Million what?

rHodgey
05-06-2015, 17:21
I'm glad to see the issue's recognised, I wish I was in the same situation as others because I can't play any game mode at any time without having the screen stutter, it was fine before the 1.3 patch and now it's not unplayable, but it's really off putting, to make matters worse I haven't been able to race online for a few days because the game always fails to find a race, or makes up some excuse that I've been disconnected from xbox live (when I definitely haven't).

79.4% used, 75GB free

g33k hack3rs
09-06-2015, 13:58
In career mode the worst issue is the frame rate drops and and stutter at sections in the track. Seems to mostly appear in certain sections and on certain tracks but overall game definitely slows down and audio starts acting weird when racing close to AI on most tracks. Rarely have any issues when I'm not close to the AI. In solo weekend mode it's similar but had a few freezes similar to online where it will just freeze momentarily. Worst was a freeze for about 5 seconds on Le Mans in solo weekend with 45 AI in multi class with varying weather. Although it was clear at the time and not that many AI cars close to me.

Online mode the biggest problem is with people joining the lobby. That almost always cause the game to freeze for a few seconds and can be very unsettling during qualifying or even normal practice.

Setup: All games saved on external HDD, 7200 RPM USB 3, 3TB, about 30% used. Will take a picture and add it later.

JayRocVW
11-06-2015, 19:33
Brands Hatch is the worst for frame rate drops, I've also had it where the screen freezes but the audio keeps going like your driving and you'll hear the car smash into something and about 3 seconds later the screen will unfreeze. This has happened twice to me both in career mode in the Clio Cup races (Brands Hatch/ Snetterton).

DARREN LOVE
11-06-2015, 23:51
i am xbox one player and i have audio stuttering issues aswell and i have 5tb seagate expansion hard drive but don't have any of the gadgets needed to post photos or links i have my internet and console thats it no computer no mobile phone nothing

HLR Ghosty
12-06-2015, 00:05
I get exactly the same thing as Hef, last time was tonight in an online race. All my games are on the external.

Seagate 3TB USB 3.0.

mkstatto
12-06-2015, 12:39
How are we doing with a potenital fix for this guys?

Weyoun
12-06-2015, 15:17
Here:

And a new studdering video. Latest XBox and Project Cars Patch. I'm going to want my money back. :(

http://youtu.be/ApKOA8M6oN8

Scotta
12-06-2015, 15:56
Any Update to this? Ive got exactly the same issue - game is unplayable for me at the moment. Ive tried all the suggested fixes. Restart console, disable instant on, turn all the graphics rendering down. Makes no difference. I still get the stuttering.

Installed on the local internal drive no other storage connected to the system - 82% used.

Any suggestions? Any timescales for a fix? Not been able to play the game now for a couple of weeks and judging from the replies to this thread its a common issue.

ETA - Ive got a video showing the latency

https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/gameclip/c8d8ba8c-58b4-4427-99bf-5b2390bfb396?gamerTag=Cuprascott&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

Drave
12-06-2015, 17:29
No screen shot but:

41.4% used

213.GB free of 364.9GB

I have turned off any visual enhancements I can in PCars. I have actually removed Far Cry 4 from my XBone in an attempt to lessen the disc storage load with seemingly zero effect.

My issues - visual tearing and massive juddering/stuttering of the picture when using most tracks. This is mostly solo in a variety of vehicles, chicanes especially are very poor. It seems whenever faster rendering is needed for a tight track space the game coding or the XBox One or both simply cannot cope. It is like trying to play on a very underpowered PC.

Worst track by far in my short experience of the game is Oulton Park, virtually unplayable for me. But places like Bathurst come a very close second to Oulton. At Bathhurst of course, in the tight narrow chicane corners the game loses the plot. It stutters the picture enough that it looks like it has frozen, then you're into the wall.

The best combination is always at Le Circuit Bugatti for me with open wheel cars but also road cars and touring cars, very little if any juddering. However then what gets me is the visual tearing, around two hours and I am done, I cannot see the screen any more.

Myself I am disabled and unable to work any longer, so my XBox (when I am feeling OK) can easily be on for 8 hrs a day and I can play Forza for basically most of that time for days on end.

I think PCars can be great, brilliant, wonderful and every other superlative adjective one could care to throw at it... but right now I am 49 down after purchasing this game and seriously disappointed.

Now the following is not me b*tching nor trolling I'm just pointing out a plain if brutal fact:

Today I pre-ordered Forza 6 for 6 less than I paid for PCars. I have done that because I know that 99%, it will work out of the box just like every other Forza I have bought has. Nothing is perfect obviously but the only glitch I have found with say Forza Horizon 2 is that occasionally the audible engine note holds a spilt second longer than it should when you change gear....

However, the place I am in with PCars and I somehow doubt I am alone in this, is that if/when PCars 2 was/is up for pre-order I would not order it because right now I have no trust in the product doing what it should. For 49 I cannot be bothered to drive the 60 miles return to GAME and demand a full refund. But to be honest that is what I should do because this product is simply not fit for purpose at this time on XBox One imo. I know this might be a shock but your customers views are the ones which actually matter, the business can think what they like but it is the customers perception which ultimately counts.

Whilst I appreciate that the developers are trying their damnedest and they are no doubt apologetic... I still have a 49 expenditure on a game I essentially cannot play for more than a couple of hours on a couple of tracks.

Sorry if this offends as I truly do not wish to offend, but that imo, it is simply not good enough.

Scotta
12-06-2015, 17:32
https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/gameclip/817b49e1-8354-4dca-b91a-2e3b34a9878b?gamerTag=Cuprascott&scid=73940100-ce28-4018-8964-96c471b05334

Another example. This is the worst its done it.

Drave
12-06-2015, 19:16
I run this just now:

Internal 'eye level view' (not helmet) I only ever use internal eye view.

Ginetta G40 Junior - 19 AI cars all G40

Track - La Circuit Bugatti

Time - 12.00

Laps - 10 (About as long as I can see for without a break)

Weather - Haze

Additional - Headlights on (I cannot see the clocks otherwise) All bloom and other such visual effects turned off

Results - no difference in the pack or at the front it seemed

Definite blurring/stuttering at the exit of Turn 5, Exit of turn 7 and Exit of turn 13. Not super bad stutter but enough to be noticeable.

This though is the best track for visual performance. I have an XBox One, an LG 23" inch screen 3ft in front of me on my desk and use a very high quality HDMi line.

Weyoun
12-06-2015, 20:34
I bought this game on XBox One because my PC is not good enough and i thought "I want to enjoy that game, so i'd buy it for XBox One because there are no problems like studdering etc." ... Very disappointing. I can't play that game since it came out. I paid 80 € for it. For nothing.

mkstatto
13-06-2015, 12:47
I'm gonna stick this in here as i think its related, does anyone else experienced an embossed like line that randomly goes across your screen at various points?

Elmo
17-06-2015, 17:43
Can I get some feedback from players that update to 1.4 please.

Outlaw Peet
17-06-2015, 17:45

Well the best you can get is no answer ;) they are playing the game!

Rkor35
17-06-2015, 20:06
update is ok ,i am satisfied ,big issues fixed,thanks SMS/XB1

Scotta
17-06-2015, 20:58

Hi Elmo

Unfortunately I'm still having the frame rate stuttering issue. Applied the patch and the game played fine for around 10 - 20 mins then I got an almighty stutter for around 5 seconds and since then it's back to stuttering. I've turned the power save mode on and restarted the console. So far it seems to be all cars and all tracks.

jdasenbrock
18-06-2015, 03:17
Stuttering seems to be worse after 1.4 patch. I used to get it for a few seconds, but it wouldn't have too great of an affect on my race. Now, when it happens, it lasts longer and drags the framerate down significantly and can cause me issues with control.

I've got PCars (and all my games) installed to an external 2TB drive that is USB powered (does not have a discreet power supply). Internal drive is 5.5% used (344.7GB free of 364.9GB). External is 28,1% used (1.3TB free of 1.8TB). The only game I have any other issue with is The Witcher. No other game since Xbox One launch has suffered these types of stuttering and slowdown issues. I do have a Kinect attached, which I use for voice control. Could these be the only two games trying to use the extra power formerly reserved for Kinect? Also, my console is set to instant on, so I can turn everything on with voice. Although, I do quit out of my games when finished and do not let them cache for quick restart.

Watercutter07
19-06-2015, 03:04
Hi

I downloaded the update to my xbox the other night and was racing last night and experienced a lot of stuttering in the frame rate. The screen even went blank for a couple of seconds, hence I ended up crashing off the circuit. I was practicing around a track in England. One thing that could be causing this issue, which doesn't seem to have been raised is overheating of the console. Immediately after the frame rate stuttering and blanking issues, I felt the top of the xbox. It was quite hot! I know from my younger years I used to get a similar thing happen if the computer was running too hot or I had overclocked the chip too much. Could excessive heat from the graphics card or main cpu cause such issues with these late generation consoles? Incidentally my xbox has about 4inches of clearance and hot air from the unit can move forward or aft of the console. It's not as if it's closed in or in a confined space. Cheers, Craig

Hagus10
19-06-2015, 22:25
Put the game aside for 3 weeks due to stutter issues. Installed latest patch with high expectations, but 1.4 has made the stutter problem worse. See you in another month, maybe.

Weyoun
20-06-2015, 12:15
Put the game aside for 3 weeks due to stutter issues. Installed latest patch with high expectations, but 1.4 has made the stutter problem worse. See you in another month, maybe.

Same for me. Stuttering got worse. I can send you my bank account or paypal information if you want to pay my money back. Can't play the game since it came out.

mkstatto
20-06-2015, 12:59
This has got to be a priority fix for the Xbox. It is highly annoying and ruins any kind of hotlap

Watercutter07
21-06-2015, 02:50
Ged,

I reckon this could be because the Xbox is getting too hot. How do these chips handle the heat? I was getting a lot of frame rate stuttering and checked the top of my console. It was bloody hot. That can't be good for the unit. Let it cool down a bit and switched it back on and seemed to improve it. May be its a combination of things, not sure.

Cheers

Craig

Weyoun
21-06-2015, 04:20
The stuttering does not appear after 2-3 h of racing. It happens immediately. Last time i checked it happened while driving out of the pit and then every 20-30 seconds. If cooling down the XBox is the solution i will do nothing else.

Pepsighost
21-06-2015, 15:11
I only had the stuttering and freezing once in ablue moon when online now after patch 1.4 it's it terrible even in career mode see video below

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AK55odEmK7w

GRTfast
21-06-2015, 18:04
Tried 5 online races today. Finished one, the rest the screen stuttered then froze at some point within the first few laps of qualifying. I only have this problem racing online in public lobbies. I run in energy saver mode, and have all other apps closed while playing.

Elmo
22-06-2015, 16:48
I only had the stuttering and freezing once in ablue moon when online now after patch 1.4 it's it terrible even in career mode see video below

Christ, that is bad indeed. Going to ping Ged, if he has another update on the case.

Your issue is not forgotten.

Ged Keaveney
22-06-2015, 17:11
Hi all, yep, we are still looking. The issue we're having is we can't reproduce the issue here or in QA which makes it difficult for us to isolate the root cause and if it is something we're doing or or related to hardware configurations.

Elmo could you re-gather info relating to the issue for people who are still getting it with 1.4 please, modes, hardware config, external HDD or any other possible clues and I'll run through that

mkstatto
22-06-2015, 17:45
I'll post my full spec here with as much detail as possible. Running Xbox preview programming, day one box. Kinect still connected, and instant on still on. Off the top of my head 54% of the hard drive used, no external HDD. Disc version of the game patched up with no dlc purchased. Running thrustmaster tx with f1 add on wheel. Any other details that you need?

Elmo
22-06-2015, 17:50
Hi Elmo

Unfortunately I'm still having the frame rate stuttering issue. Applied the patch and the game played fine for around 10 - 20 mins then I got an almighty stutter for around 5 seconds and since then it's back to stuttering. I've turned the power save mode on and restarted the console. So far it seems to be all cars and all tracks.

Stuttering seems to be worse after 1.4 patch. I used to get it for a few seconds, but it wouldn't have too great of an affect on my race. Now, when it happens, it lasts longer and drags the framerate down significantly and can cause me issues with control.

I've got PCars (and all my games) installed to an external 2TB drive that is USB powered (does not have a discreet power supply). Internal drive is 5.5% used (344.7GB free of 364.9GB). External is 28,1% used (1.3TB free of 1.8TB). The only game I have any other issue with is The Witcher. No other game since Xbox One launch has suffered these types of stuttering and slowdown issues. I do have a Kinect attached, which I use for voice control. Could these be the only two games trying to use the extra power formerly reserved for Kinect? Also, my console is set to instant on, so I can turn everything on with voice. Although, I do quit out of my games when finished and do not let them cache for quick restart.

The stuttering does not appear after 2-3 h of racing. It happens immediately. Last time i checked it happened while driving out of the pit and then every 20-30 seconds. If cooling down the XBox is the solution i will do nothing else.

Tried 5 online races today. Finished one, the rest the screen stuttered then froze at some point within the first few laps of qualifying. I only have this problem racing online in public lobbies. I run in energy saver mode, and have all other apps closed while playing.

Can you guys give some detailed feedback on you the modes you are using (Energy-Saving and Instant-On)?
Those who haven't done already also write something about your hardware config (controller, wheels, kinect, etc) and external HDD?

Plus any other clues that you think might be useful.

jdasenbrock
22-06-2015, 18:14
In addition to what I've posted above...MadCatz Pro Racing FFB wheel and I do have my DirecTV DVR passing through on HDMI. My copy of PCars was purchased digitally. If you can think of any other details that might be pertinent, I'll gladly supply them. Thanks guys for continuing to chase this down.

Bealdor
22-06-2015, 18:20
Hi all, yep, we are still looking. The issue we're having is we can't reproduce the issue here or in QA which makes it difficult for us to isolate the root cause and if it is something we're doing or or related to hardware configurations.

Elmo could you re-gather info relating to the issue for people who are still getting it with 1.4 please, modes, hardware config, external HDD or any other possible clues and I'll run through that

Hey Ged,

I had an interesting PM conversion with Bavarian Turbo (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?14773-Bavarian-Turbo) who told me that one of his friends could solve his stuttering issues by exchanging his powerline adapter (Devolo dlan 500 duo) and using a different socket.

He's basically saying that the old adapter is still working fine with different games and that only PCARS doesn't like it (maybe due to PCARS being one of the first games using the XBONE's OS core?).

Ged Keaveney
22-06-2015, 18:59
Hey Ged,

I had an interesting PM conversion with Bavarian Turbo (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?14773-Bavarian-Turbo) who told me that one of his friends could solve his stuttering issues by exchanging his powerline adapter (Devolo dlan 500 duo) and using a different socket.

He's basically saying that the old adapter is still working fine with different games and that only PCARS doesn't like it (maybe due to PCARS being one of the first games using the XBONE's OS core?).Thanks Bealdor, info like that is very useful. A hardware issue that happens to be triggered by pCars is very different to a software issue and the kind of info you've provided there will help us when discussing with Microsoft Xbox devs too. Thanks

Bealdor
22-06-2015, 19:09
Thanks Bealdor, info like that is very useful. A hardware issue that happens to be triggered by pCars is very different to a software issue and the kind of info you've provided there will help us when discussing with Microsoft Xbox devs too. Thanks

I've posted the complete conversation in the Staff subforum (I was just too lazy to translate until now ;)).
I'll translate it and shoot you a PM when it's finished, if that is OK for you.

Ged Keaveney
22-06-2015, 19:14
I've posted the complete conversation in the Staff subforum (I was just too lazy to translate until now ;)).
I'll translate it and shoot you a PM when it's finished, if that is OK for you.Thanks but could you send to Elmo please, he's collating the info all in one place (and doing a brilliant job as usual).

nick_318is
23-06-2015, 01:20
I had a similar issue pop up tonight. I'm using the internal drive on my xbone, 40.8% used 215.7 of 364.9gb.

I was in career mode starting the last race of the superkart championship at Sakitto. About one minute left in practice and the game breaks down and goes into stuttering mode. I turned my system off and let it sit a few minutes, when I turned it back on and loaded the game it was running much better but still with noticeable stuttering. This is the first issue like this I've had besides the occasional lag when someone joins an online session.

leithnow
23-06-2015, 01:45
Xbox was in energy saving mode. Turned it on just now after getting home from work, go straight to project cars, so no background programs, go to career, kart race at glencairn. Game is severely laggy, freezing for a second literally every other second. Restart race, same thing. Does not clear up after a minute. Exit from the race completely going back to career screeb, load race again, issue remains, just as bad. Exiting game completely and will try again. If that does not work, will try restarting xbox.

leithnow
23-06-2015, 01:46
Weather is fog.

leithnow
23-06-2015, 01:48
Running the game off of a nearly empty 1 tb external hdd. Restarting the game did not resolve issue.

leithnow
23-06-2015, 01:52
Restarting xbox completely did not resolve issue. I cannot continue on this career. I suppose I will have to start abother career and skip the kart races. Was trying for zero to hero.

leithnow
23-06-2015, 01:56
The whole game even the menu screens and intro movies are lagging. Anyone else experiencin this total game lag?

leithnow
23-06-2015, 02:05
Unplugging xbox and restarting seems to have resolved the issue.

DisneyGeek626
23-06-2015, 04:41
Lagging got worse (even after the patches) and game gets more and more unplayable and starting to irritate me. Without fixing the lag problem this game is heading to the trashcan.

WeirdoLogic
23-06-2015, 05:30
Game Mode??? it can't even play your into movie...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/WeirdoLogic/video/3731132

Didn't have this problem until today.

Internal HD 69.3% used, 112GB free of 364.9GB nothing attached except wireless controller (have tried it connected, no help).

Powersaver mode on and yes I have Hard Booted (MANY Times).

Disc version

Here it is in action...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/WeirdoLogic/video/3731133

Thanks.
WL.

Ged Keaveney
23-06-2015, 07:38
DisneyGeek626 and WeirdoLogic, just to check, when you've tried to hard boot did you also unplug the power cable and leave it out for a while (a minute or so to be sure), if not could you try that please. Going by leithnow's report it suggests a background task could be stuck and blocking the game threads, possibly from the OS, in his case at least.

Outlaw Peet
23-06-2015, 08:24
DisneyGeek626 and WeirdoLogic, just to check, when you've tried to hard boot did you also unplug the power cable and leave it out for a while (a minute or so to be sure), if not could you try that please. Going by leithnow's report it suggests a background task could be stuck and blocking the game threads, possibly from the OS, in his case at least.

Same issue here tried the above reset for the first few moments the problem wasn't solved then it started to work like it should without me doing anything. Restarted the game a few times to check it keeps working fine now.

Luovis
23-06-2015, 09:16
Bought the game 1 day ago. Downloaded and installed it to my external HDD.

Game looks like this:
http://xboxclips.com/Lu0vaHullu/9cd783f7-9f50-4785-8070-0ca3a886b1cf

http://xboxclips.com/Lu0vaHullu/b53f1504-7f46-4299-8135-1ea4aad3aa02

^I'm playing offline and driving alone in those, so no AI cars.^

Game size 19Gb I have 1Tb external USB3 HDD and there is only 2 games in it.
My console is on power saving mode.
I have restarted and reseted it.
Playing with standard XBone controller.

DisneyGeek626
23-06-2015, 10:53

Will try as soon as I get home tonight, will let you know!

Update: nope, no luck. Will have to wait for you guys to figure it out and thanks for diving into this. I can see the game is truly amazing but what is a race game if you can't race ;-)

Update 2: whoa!! smooth racing, just had to connect the network cable (wireless also off) And a pole position with my Ginetta as a present ;-))

WeirdoLogic
23-06-2015, 11:11

Hi Ged,

Yes I did unplug the power from the power brick. I also cleaned the disc.
I ran Forza 5 (no disc ver) career mode with no problem (didn't think to try online, sorry).

Have yet to test with XBLive disconnected, and probably won't be able for the next few hours.
When/If I do, and it's still a problem I'll let you know.

My opinion, with so many also witnessing this problem, it has to be something to do with MS. Let's hope it's already sorted or will be soon.

Thanks,
WL.

Umer Ahmad
23-06-2015, 11:17
Additional reports here
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32606-Please-HELP-Game-Freezes-every-2-secs-for-about-4-secs-long!

stux
23-06-2015, 12:07
The whole game even the menu screens and intro movies are lagging. Anyone else experiencin this total game lag?

I had this issue today

http://xboxclips.com/Capt+Stux/6d05f434-86d0-46de-9f1f-c9506b595eca

Quit the game, re-opened, same issue. Quit all other apps that were still running, same issue.

I think it may have been caused because I had some DLC for another game download, and the Messages and Friends apps open (in history). Anyway, quitting them did not help.

BUT "Xbox Turn Off" and then "Xbox On", did fix it.

Sigh.

Exocet
23-06-2015, 14:52
Is it a problem for everyone?
Anybody else download Elite before the problem arose? This is the only thing i can think of that i have done at my end.
Has there been any server update of any kind that has been applied to the XBOX servers? Or even a reboot? something that MAY stop consoles synchronising to get info? (Just thinking that as it is trying to do something periodically.)

It does ok when not connected to the net, and then works and then i get an IP conflict...

Ged Keaveney
23-06-2015, 15:32
Linking this info (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32575-SEE-POST-61-Game-Freezes-every-2-secs-for-about-4-secs-long!&p=1010500&viewfull=1#post1010500) here so you guys see it too.

Schnizz58
23-06-2015, 16:31
Ged & Umer, you guys may want to have a look at this thread too: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32669-Xbox-Live-has-to-be-the-culprit-for-problems He says that disabling internet while he's playing improves his graphics performance. Now obviously that's not a workaround for everybody but it could be for people in career mode, solo, etc. Also it could point to some network code either in the game or in the Xbox OS as a culprit.

DisneyGeek626
23-06-2015, 17:24
Ged, I just disconnected my network cable and yes it worked!!!! I can race so smoothly now without any lag!!!

Not connected at all at this moment, also not wireless

Ged Keaveney
23-06-2015, 17:33
Good to hear, we're making progress. Could you and any other affected users please check your settings and report back with your info please (whilst connected to XBL and experiencing the stutter)

1. What power mode option do you use (Settings->Power & startup->Power mode)
2. What NAT type do you have (Settings->Network->NAT type)
3. Is your connection wired or wireless (Settings->Network->Current Network Status)

Wacky-Racer
23-06-2015, 17:45
Hello. Following the latest patch, approximately 2 days afterwards, i experienced major problems in game with replays , uploads and screenshots. As an extreme measure, i did a full wipe of the hard drive and contents, then i proceeded to perform a full factory reset on the console. Once reset and set up completed, i started to re install this game , other games from store and contents, powered off the machine, and went to sleep. The next day , i came back to the xbox, with all installed, and started the game. I tested uploads, screenshots and race replays , all worked as it should. Ive had no further issues, and am not experiencing the issues raised here.

DisneyGeek626
23-06-2015, 18:04
Power Mode: Energy Saving
NAT type: Strict
Connection: Wired

jdasenbrock
23-06-2015, 18:41
Power mode: Instant on
NAT type: Open
Connection: Wireless (very strong, same room as Asus 802.11ac router)

Weyoun
23-06-2015, 19:43
I'm not at home 'til thursday. Off to work. I will post my settings when i'm home.

Meanwhile i ask myself why i paid 80 for a game that i can't play from the beginning and now it costs 30 on amazon.de. I feel betrayed. Really.

Ral
23-06-2015, 20:14
I had this problem today. Started a career race on Infineon and as soon as I left the pits I started to stutter. Every 5 seconds or so it would stutter for about .25 secs then continue. I noticed my router (on the same desk as my Xbox) going haywire so I turned it off. After about a 5 second freeze (although there was still sound) the picture came back and I raced with zero issues.

I use wireless, I've no idea of my NAT settings and I think my Xbox is power save (ie long boot up)

Mike Laskey
23-06-2015, 20:31
I noticed my router (on the same desk as my Xbox) going haywire so I turned it off.

What did you notice please? (the going haywire bit)

Ral
23-06-2015, 21:26
What did you notice please? (the going haywire bit)

I mean that the 5.0GHz (what my Xbone is connected to) and the download light were strobing like I was downloading a big file. Nothing else was connected to my router at that time and the Xb1 is the only thing I own that is on 5.0GHz. I even checked Xbox home to see if any game updates were downloading, but they weren't. PC was acting a bit like trying to play a flash game when you are downloading something really big.

jdasenbrock
23-06-2015, 22:34
Disconnected wireless and ran a few laps at Azure Circuit in a formula rookie. First time ever, no stuttering!!

For reference, reconnected to wireless and got my stats:
Download: 40.74 Mbps
Upload: 6.18 Mbps
Packet Loss: 0%
MTU: 1480
Latency: 91 MS
Wireless Strength: 100%

NAT type is open.

Tonydoc10
23-06-2015, 22:49
Never experienced any issues with the game in over 100+ hours gameplay until tonight. When I turned pcars on noticed the intro video stuttering and when I managed to get to menus it was apparent I was still suffering stuttering as obvious delays after pressing directional buttons. Tried to continue with career and again struggled to press button to start practice as clearly screen freezing in pits. When I got into the track the screen would freeze and I would jump forward 100 metres up the track even though I could still hear the sound of engine. I have tried troubleshooting using both wired and wirelessly but same problem. Unplugged router and performed hard reset of xb1 but both have proved fruitless. Any suggestions?
Power mode-instant on
Nat type-open
Connection-both (as explained above)
Storage-68.6% used, 114gb free

Outlier
24-06-2015, 00:19

Okay I just experienced some studdering. More like freezing in multiplayer. I was testing the pit stops trying to reproduce an issue I had the other night where the game (or my pit crew would not change my tires). I didn't recreate the pit issue but did have severe freezing.

I set up a 5 min qualifying and a 5 lap online private race w clear weather in 3 slots and cloudy in the last. Weather change was set to 2x. I think time change was also 2x and time of day was 10am. The track was Zolder.

I pitted on every lap and changed from starting tire to hard slicks going on to lap 2. Then to rain tires on lap 3 and back to hards on lap 4. I crashed on lap 4 so pitted again and repaired the damage and put on new hard tires. On the last lap in turn 2 the game froze for maybe 20 sec. When it unfroze I was in the wall. I tried to reverse from wall but froze again. When it finally unfroze, I reversed into the opposite wall.

My Xbox has a wired connection. I immediately ran a bandwidth after the issue and recorded the following bandwidth immediately after - 23.35Mbps download , 9.92 Mbps upload, ping 30ms.

Immediately before project cars I was editing a video,for another bug report. I did not hard reset before starting project cars. There were 3 profiles logged in.

That's all the details I can think of right now. Once one drive loads my video of this incident I'll attach the link here. Let me know if you need anything else.

** edit - I did also notice studdering on the intro video as well. (As reported by Tonydoc10 above)

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A80EBE0C5B3CD6CB!795&authkey=!AJqu90R3tDmzVp0&ithint=video%2cmp4

Bealdor
24-06-2015, 05:54
Additional reports here
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32606-Please-HELP-Game-Freezes-every-2-secs-for-about-4-secs-long!

Something fishy going on with the Limited Car Pack.
Read from here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32575-WORKS-OK-OFFLINE-Game-Freezes-every-2-secs-for-about-4-secs-long!&p=1011520&viewfull=1#post1011520

klookee
24-06-2015, 09:10
Hi Folks,

I only saw the stuttering issue for the first time yesterday. The problem I saw is nowhere near as serious as those experience by others (as shown in the videos). What I saw was the same issue as described by Ral in their post yesterday at 21:14.

After reading through this thread yesterday and fully restarting my Xbox I tried again... same problem.

So I went back to the dashboard (with the Xbox button) and started checking my settings (storage settings, pCars version details, etc), as suggested here. I didn't quit pCars or even leave the game I was playing (SuperKart race at Silverstone National in Career Mode). When I went back to the game the stuttering problem had gone. I then finished the race weekend with no further problems.

I made no changes to my Xbox settings (I just looked), I didn't disconnect my network connection (which is wired) or my wheel (Mad Catz XB1 wheel). I don't have an external HDD connected.

This may have been a fluke and I hope it doesn't lead your investigation in the wrong direction. I'm not 100% sure exactly what I did but, if I see the problem again, I'll try to find out if this workaround works again and document exactly where I went. Perhaps it might be worth Ral trying something similar if they are still seeing the problem?

Cheers,
k

XI dribble IX
25-06-2015, 21:02
I had the same issues. I turned the game off, went to the xbox setting and network, disconnected from the network via the option, started pCars up (all working ok), shut down game again and then reconnect in settings. Start up pCars and all should be fine...well it worked for me.

TDLF
26-06-2015, 08:19
Hi,
turning off network connectivity in the XB1 settings is the solution for me regarding stuttering issue.
simple test is to launch the game and start a race (career or quick race), once you experience stuttering , press the XB button, go to settings / network and select "go offline". Go back to the dashboard and resume your race.
stuttering issue should be gone. test for several laps. then make the same manipulation and reenable network, resume your race, and you should experience stuttering issue again.
That's what I could verify yesterday.
It does not seem to be linked to the LE pack as I could reproduce the issue and the workaround, with and without the LE pack installed.
Hope this helps.
TDLF

Elmo
27-06-2015, 10:48
After the problems caused due to DLC packages. Do people that had stuttering issues before this week still suffer from them?

jdasenbrock
27-06-2015, 22:53
Not sure what the DLC issues were, but still stuttering here.

speedmeister
28-06-2015, 15:59
I have bionic eyes.

No, seriously.

I could see the (very few) frame drops that occurred in FM5 for example (about once per lap, which lead me to think it's probably related to I/O for replay recording or something).

When racing with a reasonable number of cars (up to 20), on most tracks, and as long as the weather stays dry, the framerate is pretty good. Tearing happens here and there, but it's rather rare.

There are some tracks or rather portions of some tracks that send the framerate into the 50's (with the associated tearing), but they're not the majority of the time, far from it.

If they really manage to pull off a somewhat consistent 10% performance increase across the board (as hinted for an upcoming patch), then we'll get a relatively solid 60fps title. It's not there yet, but it's close.

And obviously when the rain kicks in the performance is not as pretty but it's far from unplayable (it's basically fluctuating between the high 40's and the beloved 60, which with vsync disengaged stays rather playable despite the regular tearing).

I mean, I played GT6, a lot. That was a mess of framerate lol

Edit : To be clear, I'm talking while mostly playing the career, where the car count fluctuates between 12 and 30 at most (from what I've seen). With 20 cars (and when starting in a decent position), the framerate holds pretty well. Much better than I would have expected. It's totally possible that having the game on a SSD helps with that though.

Hi, was researching some stuff on PCARS and came across this thread.

First off, the FM5 frame lag/stutter you describe could be a memory leak issue; it may be due to the RAM getting overwhelmed or the HDD not being able to stream data 100% efficiently. You're right: happens at least once per lap but I've played races where it would happen once during the entire race or none at all. On the larger tracks you may encounter it more than once per lap like Le Mans.

Anyway, as for PCARS, it is definitely screen tearing and frame drops, not frame lag or stutter. The game is nowhere as much fun on the X1 as Fm5, due to all the issues with visuals and the countersteering issue.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there and for anybody looking to decrease frame stutters/lag in their game, I'd recommend:

Keeping all background downloads and apps to OFF/quit
Keeping your console on Energy Saving
Clearing Persistent Storage after every gaming session
Clearing Alternate MAC Address every now and then (maybe every second time you connect to Live)
Powering up the console using the touch-sensitive button on console, and using the same to power it down
If you launch any apps or go into menus, make sure you press start and select 'quit' to close them all before launching a gaming session
Try to play your game first thing when your console has freshly booted up. And, before power it up, make sure it is off from mains supply, so that you boot it up cold (white light on power supply which turns to amber, THEN you power it up)

I hope this feedback helps any looking to make their games run smoothly. Cheers! :)

EMW Grogan
28-06-2015, 16:32
Hi, was researching some stuff on PCARS and came across this thread.

First off, the FM5 frame lag/stutter you describe could be a memory leak issue; it may be due to the RAM getting overwhelmed or the HDD not being able to stream data 100% efficiently. You're right: happens at least once per lap but I've played races where it would happen once during the entire race or none at all. On the larger tracks you may encounter it more than once per lap like Le Mans.

Anyway, as for PCARS, it is definitely screen tearing and frame drops, not frame lag or stutter. The game is nowhere as much fun on the X1 as Fm5, due to all the issues with visuals and the countersteering issue.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there and for anybody looking to decrease frame stutters/lag in their game, I'd recommend:

Keeping all background downloads and apps to OFF/quit
Keeping your console on Energy Saving
Clearing Persistent Storage after every gaming session
Clearing Alternate MAC Address every now and then (maybe every second time you connect to Live)
Powering up the console using the touch-sensitive button on console, and using the same to power it down
If you launch any apps or go into menus, make sure you press start and select 'quit' to close them all before launching a gaming session
Try to play your game first thing when your console has freshly booted up. And, before power it up, make sure it is off from mains supply, so that you boot it up cold (white light on power supply which turns to amber, THEN you power it up)

I hope this feedback helps any looking to make their games run smoothly. Cheers! :)

Aslo make sure you do the happy dance of hope before you power up & dont forget to tickle your Xbox1 under the side USB port too.

SpeedLord
28-06-2015, 21:00

Connectoin: wired
NAT: open
Power saving mode

speedmeister
29-06-2015, 04:44
Aslo make sure you do the happy dance of hope before you power up & dont forget to tickle your Xbox1 under the side USB port too.

Oh that's perfect. That should round things off nicely.

DisneyGeek626
29-06-2015, 07:24
Go offline and you can race without any lag and stuttering. Finally did some serious racing this weekend.

speedmeister
30-06-2015, 07:43
It really is wierd how some experience stuttering and some don't. Apart from the known frame drops and tearing, I experience no stutters at all whether online or offline.

However, in FM5 for instance, while racing, the game will stutter once per lap, sometimes twice, sometimes not at all.

Odd, these new gen consoles.

Raeme ramrod
01-07-2015, 06:59
Hi all .. I'm getting the stuttering problem at least once sometimes even twice a race(pending on length of race) the stuttering lasts for around 10 seconds then clears up this is off line in career mode 210195

NeonFlux
01-07-2015, 08:41
After the problems caused due to DLC packages. Do people that had stuttering issues before this week still suffer from them?

Unfortunately, yes.

My xbox is on energy saving mode, NAT is open etc but am still experiencing stutter/lag. Some tracks (eg Sakitto, Bathurst) seem worse than others.

speedmeister
02-07-2015, 11:18
Unfortunately, yes.

My xbox is on energy saving mode, NAT is open etc but am still experiencing stutter/lag. Some tracks (eg Sakitto, Bathurst) seem worse than others.

I have a good feeling these silly issues will eventually be resolved as the console matures, updates keep rolling out, and devs gain a keener understanding of utilizing the hardware and optimizing games.

Let's be positive and enjoy the games we have. :)

Chaka
07-07-2015, 18:29
I noticed the same issue - this game is not even playable as its making me nauseous. I was actually more concerned this was my Xbox doing this but I lent my disc to a friend to try - same issues on his. Could this be a bad batch of discs? Either way - we really need a fix here guys otherwise some credits or refunds should be due otherwise will not be returning to this series after FM6 is out. For the most part, the game looks great and plays great only to be ruined by the basics? How is this even possible in this gen of consoles? Xbox OG 1 played 60 frames smooth on much bigger tracks (Look at Rallisport Challenge 2 for example).

DEVS!!!! Is there some graphic tweeks we can remove in the system that makes this playable? As sad as that is to suggest, im guessing this is a graphical limitation of bad coding & the Xbox one graphic card itself? I've actually wiped my Xbox One to factory settings all in an effort to get this playable. If there is, we should start a thread showing the settings that work until you guys make a fix.

Once I figure it out - ill post back here.

By the way - my screen shot of my storage is what an Xbox would look like with only 1 game installed - this one.

Dazlingdazza
12-07-2015, 01:01
Sorry to point this out but so many posts are being positive about the potential of this game that i can' t help but worry for the future, we're now praising updates that make a 50+ game almost fun if you ignore a lot of the flawes!

Shoot me down but this game is still in my catalogue out of stubborn wishing for it to be great, so far it's annoyingly close but far from fun unless i put my paid for it so gonna defend it hat on.

PLease play it on joypad and work out why it's so off putting, not as a dev but as a player looking for enjoyment and give up some boring (loved by 500 all the time in the world fans only) reality bs stats for some thrills.

PLEASE

Dazza

nomis86uk
12-07-2015, 14:20
Hi, this is my experience of the game, hope it helps the devs work out what's going on for some of us!

So I've had this since day one, the world seems like it's completely detached from the car. It's seems to speed up and slow down constantly. The effect is terrible after heavy breaking. The whole world seems to slow disproportionate to the car, and when the break is released the whole world suddenly "catches up" and catapults back into place. It's so strange and disorientating.

Since the update that effect has reduced but there is still a constant but subtle "drag" almost where the world goes slooooooow, fast, slooooooooooow, fast, slooooooow etc etc. I've also experienced very odd audio stuttering in sync with visual stuttering.

All in all the game just confuses my eyes and brain and I just can't play it. The below video shows the world speeding and slowing (watch the environmental objects) and some audio issues too. To be clear, the video was taken with console in Eco mode with every visual game setting set to the lowest possible, and force feedback off. Karts are the worst offenders and the effect seems to be more pronounced in chase view, less so in helmet view. It is also worth noting that if I reset my console at the mains, disconnect from the Internet and reload the game, most of the time it seems to eliminate the problem, but not every time. The game is also installed on the Xbox hard drive with around 20% free space (probably 50% when installed) and game size is 19GB.

http://xboxclips.com/nomis86uk/84b45ae2-64b8-42ce-a3a2-9428aae82331

Hope this hasn't been too confusing, hopefully this can help in some way in finding the problem.

Edit: I have also discovered that it is much much worse in career mode (which is all I play) than in free practice.

Sankyo
12-07-2015, 14:27
Everyone posting about stuttering issues, please heed the request of the first posting of this thread and post the requested information about your system. Just posting "me too" with no additional info makes it harder for the devs to link issues to system configurations.

Scotta
17-07-2015, 15:48
Ok so I've installed patch 2.0. Rebooted with a cold boot and I'm still getting the stuttering/jerking motion.

Suggestions please?

Elmo
23-07-2015, 15:52
Still significant performance problems after the patch. Ran a local weekend at Brno with full AI lobby (35?) and had significant stutter and sound problems throughout the race. Raced against AI at 100% so it was a close fought battle all the way from start to finish but performance degraded and video stuttered frequently. Audio problems were still very prominent. Not sure what the expectation from the devs were but overall the performance on this track was below expectations for me.

During practice and qualifying when the field was more spread out the performance was significantly better but during the race with a full grid in close proximity to each other it was very poor at times.

Does anybody have the same problem using the scenario described by him?

mkstatto
24-07-2015, 11:37
I'l add that I tried running the game after exiting all open apps on my Xbox last night, including TV (you forget that its an app) and can say it ran a little smoother than normal. It still gets the sound stutter though when in a pack occasionally though.

Bavarian Turbo
28-07-2015, 09:38
a lot of peole reports me that they have a poor performance, stuttering, still images, etc.
But if they do the console from the Internet separate, so operate offline, then all these problems have disappeared.

Is the reason for this problem known and a solution in works?

onefourten
31-07-2015, 19:34
Hi guys, new here...just bought the game for Xb1 got home and installed it to the internal XB HDD ( I don't have external storage ). It told me to update which I did.

I started my career in the Karts, but it just seemed odd going into corners, really like it slowed down and sped up again....I thought I was just bad at Karts so I started a new career in Clio Cup...I'm on my second race having done practice and qualifying....and the issue persists here....

Not just corners it does it on the straight too...its sort of a normal speed-slowdown-catchup. It's really hard to ignore!

I've just turned some of the visual effects off to see if it helps....

Sankyo
31-07-2015, 20:12
Hi guys, new here...just bought the game for Xb1 got home and installed it to the internal XB HDD ( I don't have external storage ). It told me to update which I did.

I started my career in the Karts, but it just seemed odd going into corners, really like it slowed down and sped up again....I thought I was just bad at Karts so I started a new career in Clio Cup...I'm on my second race having done practice and qualifying....and the issue persists here....

Not just corners it does it on the straight too...its sort of a normal speed-slowdown-catchup. It's really hard to ignore!

I've just turned some of the visual effects off to see if it helps....
PLease try also with the console in offline mode.

onefourten
31-07-2015, 21:53
PLease try also with the console in offline mode.

Ok...update.

Having played for a while with the problem, I turned off the Xb1 while I had a comfort break...got a drink etc...I saw this post and immediately disconnected the Ethernet from the Xb1 and turned it back on. Visuals still turned down a bit...the game played perfectly now. Awesome.

So, I turned the visuals up....tested agin.. Fine.

Started a race with the maximum number of CPU cars...39?....this was also fine.

Next test, Ethernet back in....once again fine.

My conclusion is, and I'm sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere...I've only just joined the forum this evening... After the patch is applied, a cold console boot fixed my lag problem.

I've not tested again by starting a new career and racing Donnington...I've just done a custom race weekend to test it.

I'm calling that a fix! (Although maybe future patches could trigger a clean console boot when complete?)

Umer Ahmad
01-08-2015, 02:39
I say give the thing a cold reboot daily if possible.

Elmo
01-08-2015, 20:45
We will have a few things in with the next patch that hopefully resolves the issue for everybody.

Chaka
04-08-2015, 17:06
Why are we all hoping these guys fix a game 6 months after the launch and a very obvious issue. I wiped my machine - still same issue. Have the disc for 2 independent friends to try - same issue. This is garbage. The basics of driving is the ability to simply go around a track without lagging or stuttering

Either way - I don't get paid to be a QA tester here and returning this game today. Anybody holding out for a fix this late in the game, well good luck. Would rather spend my time and money playing something that works

Peace

MysterG
04-08-2015, 17:23
Why are we all hoping these guys fix a game 6 months after the launch and a very obvious issue. I wiped my machine - still same issue. Have the disc for 2 independent friends to try - same issue. This is garbage. The basics of driving is the ability to simply go around a track without lagging or stuttering

Either way - I don't get paid to be a QA tester here and returning this game today. Anybody holding out for a fix this late in the game, well good luck. Would rather spend my time and money playing something that works

Peace

Bye

Apoov
04-08-2015, 18:04
What? Bye? That's all you got to say to this guy and all others that are fed up with this nonsense? Seriously?

Raven403
04-08-2015, 18:14
I don't get paid to be a QA tester here

True, was a brilliant move by SMS to make us all into that lol

Schnizz58
07-08-2015, 21:53
What? Bye? That's all you got to say to this guy and all others that are fed up with this nonsense? Seriously?
Was he contributing anything to this forum?

Lauren
12-08-2015, 02:49
Just bought this game. I had a lot of fun driving around the track with the go-carts in practice mode. Went to start the campaign and as soon as the race starts I get the same problem listed in this forum. The game seems to hitch then speed up pretty much at random. With this persistent problem it is impossible to turn, brake and speed up without careening off the track.

Needless to say I am very upset. I am here to see what I need to do to return the game and effect a refund. It is a showstopping oversight that makes the game completely unplayable.
I bought the game to race and the racing is completely and hopelessly broken.

Sankyo
12-08-2015, 05:50
Just bought this game. I had a lot of fun driving around the track with the go-carts in practice mode. Went to start the campaign and as soon as the race starts I get the same problem listed in this forum. The game seems to hitch then speed up pretty much at random. With this persistent problem it is impossible to turn, brake and speed up without careening off the track.

Needless to say I am very upset. I am here to see what I need to do to return the game and effect a refund. It is a showstopping oversight that makes the game completely unplayable.
I bought the game to race and the racing is completely and hopelessly broken.

Did you also try the possible solutions reported on this forum, like clearing the Blu-ray cache and going offline with the XBox?

Lauren
12-08-2015, 07:42
My cache gets cleared every time I am done playing games, as I always fully turn off my Xbox one. I never use instant on. As for playing offline, its a racing game, I want to race. Not only in the campaign which I was looking forward to but also with other real people. The game said it was multiplayer on the box. From what I have read here this problem has persisted for months and I am not willing to wait months more for a fix that might never occur. I paid full price for it in a retail outlet, I did not buy into a early access beta.

If the game crashed every once in a while or had some minor bugs I could wait patiently for a patch but this is such a fundamental problem that the game is completely unplayable.

Lauren
15-08-2015, 06:53
So seriously no response on how to get a refund?
"Enjoy your broken game."
Ignoring your customers who complain about valid concerns regarding a broken game they paid full price for is extremely bad practice.

Brent G
15-08-2015, 07:41
So seriously no response on how to get a refund?
"Enjoy your broken game."
Ignoring your customers who complain about valid concerns regarding a broken game they paid full price for is extremely bad practice.

Lauren, try uninstalling some unneccessary stuff from your console such as any apps or games you dont use. I have a theory that the more 'bare bones' your Box the less likely this issue is to arrise. I always keep mine free from anything I dont use and I've never suffered with the same issue your experiancing. As for feeling your being ignored remember it is Saturday morning.

Konvooi
20-08-2015, 11:41
In solo play, when connected via 2.4GHz wifi I have no stutter.Same if not connected at all.
But connected via 5GHz on the same router the game stutters frequently, sometimes so bad that it freezes for a couple of seconds and when it unfreezes I'm in the wall.
XB1 and router are in the same room.
I don't try to understand the reason, it's just so.

Scotta
25-08-2015, 18:21
STILL have this issue. This is getting beyond a joke.

Bealdor
25-08-2015, 18:24
Have you tried running the game while disconnected from the internet?

Scotta
25-08-2015, 19:37
Have you tried running the game while disconnected from the internet?

Seems to run ok offline.

beetes_juice
25-08-2015, 19:47
Have you given your console a cold reboot lately?

Bealdor
25-08-2015, 19:52
Seems to run ok offline.

Then this could be of interest for you: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24922-Please-read-Stuttering-stall-on-XB1&p=1008085&viewfull=1#post1008085

Scotta
26-08-2015, 14:27
Have you given your console a cold reboot lately?

Console was powered off completely for hours the other day as the power to the house was shut off due to a meter change.

Additionally i have tried the Cold reboot by turning the console off and unplugged the power brick and waiting for the internals to discharge and the LED to go out. Then powering back on.

Scotta
26-08-2015, 14:29
Then this could be of interest for you: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24922-Please-read-Stuttering-stall-on-XB1&p=1008085&viewfull=1#post1008085

Hmm interesting. however my setup uses cat 6 cable direct from the console to an HP Switch that my router connects to. I do use power line adaptors on my home network but only to go to my home office upstairs. None of the power line connectors are used in my console setup.

Lauren
30-08-2015, 00:41
Okay, I tried being civil about this, but my attempts to make headway on this issue have thus far been completely ignored.

Your game is broken. It does not work. Its basic, fundamental purpose is completely undermined by game-breaking flaws that have - ludicrously - gone utterly disregarded for months.

"We're working on it" does not gel with "we haven't been able to replicate the issue - " especially when said issue occurs within minutes of playing the game under completely normal circumstances and is endlessly repeatable. When you say "we're working on it," all I see is "pre-order Project Cars 2!" when the original game is completely unplayable for a great many people and remains to be properly finished.

You released a broken, unfinished, and obviously untested beta product to retailers' shelves, where it masquerades as a final game. There is nothing to indicate that you are shopping an early-access beta to the masses, because if you were, then some leeway would be in order.

I did *not* buy into an early access program when I purchased your game at full price, new, off the shelf at the store. I do not have the time, patience, or the inclination to act as a Q&A tester for your game, much less treat my console as a PC with end-user "troubleshooting" techniques that predictably achieve nothing without requiring a further compromise of the game's broken functionality (ie, disabling multiplayer functionality by running the game in offline mode).

It has been months since release, and months since people have reported the frame-skipping issue as being a critical detriment to the game. No statements have been made to the public at large warning potential buyers of this problem, and no admissions have been made regarding the fact that this problem completely breaks the core racing experience.

This amounts to *fraud.* Yes, that word which is bandied around so frequently and is rarely invoked correctly. How the game managed to secure a release on a console with this level of abject sloppiness on display is beyond me, but the point remains that by continuing to offer this game on the open market as a full, final release, SMS is defrauding purchasers into parting with their money for a product that does not match up with what is claimed to be offered.

It is easier to find examples of people demanding refunds than it is to find proof that SMS is actually actively attempting to fix this ridiculously broken game. Again, it has been *months* since this problem came to light. Months.

Once again, I am pressing to have my purchase refunded to me. The disc and its box can go in the trash, I could use it for target practice, or I could simply just send it back to you with the receipt inside for all I care, but one way or another, I am rightfully demanding a full refund for the money I wasted on this non-product. And furthermore, I would strongly, strongly suggest SMS get on a podium and extend an offer of a refund to anyone who feels slighted by their purchase of Project Cars on the Xbox One, no matter how deletorious such a gesture might be for the studio. It would be a sweet, sweet mercy compared to the class action lawsuit that your conduct here deserves.

Straight-up *ignoring* customers who pose to you valid concerns regarding the quality of your work in a product they paid full price for is simply despicable.

I don't know how this game passed Microsoft testing and received approval. In that line of thought I will be speaking to Microsoft if no headway can be made here.

mkstatto
21-10-2015, 11:09
Have taken a break from Pcars for a while, (mainly due to the release of the new FIFA) I can report that the weird embossed like line that goes across the screen randomly is still present. I'd also say that game does encounter some slowing up in to slow bends and chicanes which is slightly off putting still. But general stuttering has improved and it feels like FPS is up.

One new thing I've come across is that the rear view mirror is now extremely stuttery and looses whole landscapes, having it on dramatically alters the 'feel' of the game and speed, so I've resorted to having it only for race starts and cycle through to the HUD without it as soon as the car behind has dropped out of range.

mauriziocima
11-11-2015, 12:25
Is it possible that the issues described in this thread have to do with XBox ONE downloading updates in background? I never had any issues of the sort, but for the past few days I noticed the game was speeding up and then slowing down and that tearing was visible - while before performances (on same track - same weather conditions - same no. of cars) used to be rock solid. I also noticed that saving the game takes a lot longer than it did before and that, while saving, the UI appears to be frozen - i.e. you can move the controller, but the menus won't react - as if the system was waiting for the save to finish. I think the XBox is being CPU bottlenecked by something - but it's not something visible (i.e. no other app running in background) so the only plausible explanation is that it's doing updates and using the disk.

Note - it appears that a new XBox update is about to be unleashed:

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/experience

Which further supports this theory.

chrisff87
10-12-2015, 14:15
Hmmm so 6 months after release, and 6 patches later we are still having the same sound stuttering issues. It's getting a bit old!
BTW I have tried everything mentioned in these forums but nothing seems to fix the issue

johnbowler300
22-12-2015, 22:04
Lauren - I can't even begin to tell you how much I agree with your post. Have you been able to get yourself a refund?

Okay, I tried being civil about this, but my attempts to make headway on this issue have thus far been completely ignored.

Your game is broken. It does not work. Its basic, fundamental purpose is completely undermined by game-breaking flaws that have - ludicrously - gone utterly disregarded for months.

"We're working on it" does not gel with "we haven't been able to replicate the issue - " especially when said issue occurs within minutes of playing the game under completely normal circumstances and is endlessly repeatable. When you say "we're working on it," all I see is "pre-order Project Cars 2!" when the original game is completely unplayable for a great many people and remains to be properly finished.

You released a broken, unfinished, and obviously untested beta product to retailers' shelves, where it masquerades as a final game. There is nothing to indicate that you are shopping an early-access beta to the masses, because if you were, then some leeway would be in order.

I did *not* buy into an early access program when I purchased your game at full price, new, off the shelf at the store. I do not have the time, patience, or the inclination to act as a Q&A tester for your game, much less treat my console as a PC with end-user "troubleshooting" techniques that predictably achieve nothing without requiring a further compromise of the game's broken functionality (ie, disabling multiplayer functionality by running the game in offline mode).

It has been months since release, and months since people have reported the frame-skipping issue as being a critical detriment to the game. No statements have been made to the public at large warning potential buyers of this problem, and no admissions have been made regarding the fact that this problem completely breaks the core racing experience.

This amounts to *fraud.* Yes, that word which is bandied around so frequently and is rarely invoked correctly. How the game managed to secure a release on a console with this level of abject sloppiness on display is beyond me, but the point remains that by continuing to offer this game on the open market as a full, final release, SMS is defrauding purchasers into parting with their money for a product that does not match up with what is claimed to be offered.

It is easier to find examples of people demanding refunds than it is to find proof that SMS is actually actively attempting to fix this ridiculously broken game. Again, it has been *months* since this problem came to light. Months.

Once again, I am pressing to have my purchase refunded to me. The disc and its box can go in the trash, I could use it for target practice, or I could simply just send it back to you with the receipt inside for all I care, but one way or another, I am rightfully demanding a full refund for the money I wasted on this non-product. And furthermore, I would strongly, strongly suggest SMS get on a podium and extend an offer of a refund to anyone who feels slighted by their purchase of Project Cars on the Xbox One, no matter how deletorious such a gesture might be for the studio. It would be a sweet, sweet mercy compared to the class action lawsuit that your conduct here deserves.

Straight-up *ignoring* customers who pose to you valid concerns regarding the quality of your work in a product they paid full price for is simply despicable.

I don't know how this game passed Microsoft testing and received approval. In that line of thought I will be speaking to Microsoft if no headway can be made here.

johnbowler300
22-12-2015, 22:05
Makes the game unplayable, doesn't it. Very annoying to say the least. I will never purchase another game from this company.

Hmmm so 6 months after release, and 6 patches later we are still having the same sound stuttering issues. It's getting a bit old!
BTW I have tried everything mentioned in these forums but nothing seems to fix the issue

bluesky0870
22-12-2015, 23:57
Is it possible that the issues described in this thread have to do with XBox ONE downloading updates in background? I never had any issues of the sort, but for the past few days I noticed the game was speeding up and then slowing down and that tearing was visible - while before performances (on same track - same weather conditions - same no. of cars) used to be rock solid. I also noticed that saving the game takes a lot longer than it did before and that, while saving, the UI appears to be frozen - i.e. you can move the controller, but the menus won't react - as if the system was waiting for the save to finish. I think the XBox is being CPU bottlenecked by something - but it's not something visible (i.e. no other app running in background) so the only plausible explanation is that it's doing updates and using the disk.

Note - it appears that a new XBox update is about to be unleashed:

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/experience

Which further supports this theory.

The long duration of saving the game and the impossibility to do something while this is happening, is intentionally brought to the game by SMS to prevent people from game save losses.

mauriziocima
24-01-2016, 19:27
The delay when saving might be related to prevent data loss - but something is not right; on the standard XBox (500G) drive, sometimes the UI stays frozen for about a minute, while if I run on an external HDD (nothing special, just a portable samsung M3 which should feature similar RPM), there's no delay at all.

johnbowler300
28-01-2016, 20:04
I haven't played this game in a while since this bug makes the game unplayable. Has this issue been fixed?

johnbowler300
08-03-2016, 15:38
I guess the company doesn't care about the users if they haven't addressed this issue yet.

Bealdor
08-03-2016, 15:43
I guess the company doesn't care about the users if they haven't addressed this issue yet.

Have you already tried the various workarounds?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24922-Please-read-Stuttering-stall-on-XB1&p=1008085&viewfull=1#post1008085

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44385-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Patch-8-0-Release-Notes&p=1220692&viewfull=1#post1220692

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22455-Turtle-beach-xbox-one-sound-issue&p=888058&viewfull=1#post888058

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24922-Please-read-Stuttering-stall-on-XB1&p=1097356&viewfull=1#post1097356

TDLF
30-03-2016, 14:13
Hello again,
yesterday I have uninstalled the game and all packages from the internal HDD.
The XBOX is on the last update.
When reinstalling the game, I was prompted to install the game update, over 7Gb in size.
Once the installation was 100% complete, I ran the game, unfortunately the stuttering issue is still there.
The only way to have a stutter-free gameplay is to disconnect the XBOX from the network. Too bad.....

beetes_juice
30-03-2016, 15:57
How is your home network? UDP apps running? I had some stuttering a couple weeks ago racing with a friend online. Simple hard reboot of xb1 and a router reset had me golden for the rest of my game session.

AbeWoz
30-03-2016, 16:07
Hello again,
yesterday I have uninstalled the game and all packages from the internal HDD.
The XBOX is on the last update.
When reinstalling the game, I was prompted to install the game update, over 7Gb in size.
Once the installation was 100% complete, I ran the game, unfortunately the stuttering issue is still there.
The only way to have a stutter-free gameplay is to disconnect the XBOX from the network. Too bad.....

if possible, try hard-wiring your xbox into your router/modem (if not already). I had some issues connecting online when trying to run wireless, but solved all problems when hard reboot (clear cache) of XB and hard-wired into router.