PDA

View Full Version : An explaination please - Real Assists compare to assists off

HeeseyChelmet
14-05-2015, 11:51
Can find a post that answeres this exactly so:

As above, what is 'Real assists'? Is it as the car comes in real life regardless if I turn abs, SC and TC on/ off or would my 'all off except ABS' override this?

Siberian Tiger
14-05-2015, 11:54
Real Assits chooses Automatically the right Assists for your Car.

For Example the GT3 cars are running ABS and TC.

If you choose it manually it will override your configuration.

HeeseyChelmet
14-05-2015, 12:03
Real Assits chooses Automatically the right Assists for your Car.

For Example the GT3 cars are running ABS and TC.

If you choose it manually it will override your configuration.

so if I choose real assists but then go on to remove abs, which is the overriding setting?

Feetabix
14-05-2015, 12:05
Another cool touch to the game.......common sense would suggest the latest change made is the active one at any given moment......

Siberian Tiger
14-05-2015, 12:07
If you deactivate ABS directly in a Session. (On Track) it's only deactivated for the actual Session.

SMS is working on Visual Indicators that will help to see which Assist are active / not active...

HeeseyChelmet
14-05-2015, 12:15
Another cool touch to the game.......common sense would suggest the latest change made is the active one at any given moment......

I get that mate but i'm at work so can't test. The question just sprung to mind and thought i'd ask.

If you deactivate ABS directly in a Session. (On Track) it's only deactivated for the actual Session.

SMS is working on Visual Indicators that will help to see which Assist are active / not active...

I meant if my settings in the main help/ control settings were real but then i removed TC/ abs etc, which would be true? Real assists or my assist setting of no tc or abs?

Roger Prynne
14-05-2015, 14:09
If you use Real Assists and map buttons to ABS/TC/SA you can then turn them off individually when on the track.
Some cockpit views wont show the symbols for the assists so you have to go to an external view to see them... this will change in the future to show them in cockpit views.

When you turn them off the symbols disappear.

Old pic but shows what I mean.

flatspunout
14-05-2015, 14:41
I've noticed the stock car and Formula A have settings for traction slip percentage when set to "real". Neither of them have TC in real motorsport.

OctoberDusk06
17-05-2015, 04:40
I've noticed the stock car and Formula A have settings for traction slip percentage when set to "real". Neither of them have TC in real motorsport.

Exactly. So, "real" may not in fact mean "authentic".

dvc
17-05-2015, 07:14
If you use Real Assists and map buttons to ABS/TC/SA you can then turn them off individually when on the track.
Some cockpit views wont show the symbols for the assists so you have to go to an external view to see them... this will change in the future to show them in cockpit views.

About that picture. Wheres my pit crew on PS4? Is it another thing removed from PS4 version?

akiba34
17-05-2015, 07:48
I think he is asking "do they actually use those assists IRL". Well, I don't think TC and stability management is allowed in GT races. I know ABS isn't allowed in some events. Formula one has banned TC in 2008. It kind of went back and forth in formula one. I don't know about the other racing groups, but I'm pretty sure all aids are banned.

dwalldorf
17-05-2015, 08:08
I think he is asking "do they actually use those assists IRL". Well, I don't think TC and stability management is allowed in GT races. I know ABS isn't allowed in some events. Formula one has banned TC in 2008. It kind of went back and forth in formula one. I don't know about the other racing groups, but I'm pretty sure all aids are banned.

I think they do use TC in GT3 races.

bent_toe
17-05-2015, 08:48

Pitcrew, that would have been nice on ps4

Schwarzmetall
17-05-2015, 09:48
Exactly. So, "real" may not in fact mean "authentic".

So if I get it right, "real assists" would only be true for the car itself, not necessarily for the type of race that we're using it?
That would be pretty inconsequent if you ask me. I'm not a hardcore simracer nor am I an expert when it comes to the rules of the different racing classes in real life. Therefore I hoped, "real assists" would give me a realistic and true experience. Now it seems I have to check the rules for each race type and adjust my car setting to match this rules individually for each race? Else I would have to disable all the helps generally and suffer from disadvantages if the opponents have some or all assists on? That's disappointing...

akiba34
17-05-2015, 10:42
So if I get it right, "real assists" would only be true for the car itself, not necessarily for the type of race that we're using it?
That would be pretty inconsequent if you ask me. I'm not a hardcore simracer nor am I an expert when it comes to the rules of the different racing classes in real life. Therefore I hoped, "real assists" would give me a realistic and true experience. Now it seems I have to check the rules for each race type and adjust my car setting to match this rules individually for each race? Else I would have to disable all the helps generally and suffer from disadvantages if the opponents have some or all assists on? That's disappointing...

TC was only implemented for safety reasons.

As someone suggested, it seems GT3 does allow TC.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_GT3

Regulations can easily be searched.

When I raced on Gran Turismo, I always had professional made lobbies. As a rule of thumb, the only assist allowed was ABS, other than that, even TC, weren't allowed. Besides, TC slows you down, but only if you are a confident driver.

IMO, I would just make it easier on yourself and choose whether to use it for everything, or not at all. Its very easy to become lazy with TC.

Roger Prynne
17-05-2015, 16:53
About that picture. Wheres my pit crew on PS4? Is it another thing removed from PS4 version?

Pitcrew, that would have been nice on ps4

Like I said it's an old pic... we don't have pit crews on the PC either.
It was just for testing.

Jeckert7
17-05-2015, 17:30
My pit crew sucks anyways...don't want to see those clowns.

MULTIVITZ
19-05-2015, 11:33
For crying out loud, I was woundering why in one lobby I had really good brakes, and others had a lousy road surface? Real assists forced? Or just my timid new track brake application? Something to consider, tuning for ABS again.

MULTIVITZ
19-05-2015, 11:37

How am I going to see that on my 50 inch display, I can barley read the game text and I've got 20/20 vision

Roger Prynne
19-05-2015, 12:13
Well mine is a 50" as well and I see it no probs.... and my eyesight is not that good.