PDA

View Full Version : Right front tire stays around 80c

NinjaTrek2891
14-05-2015, 14:43
Hello guys,

Currently doing a McClaren event. All my tires are at 1.81 bar. But the right front tire is not getting up to temps. Which impairs my breaking ability as tents to lock more.

The right front temperature is around 80c.

Does anyone has a suggestion of what I could do ?

donpost
14-05-2015, 15:08
Hello guys,

Currently doing a McClaren event. All my tires are at 1.81 bar. But the right front tire is not getting up to temps. Which impairs my breaking ability as tents to lock more.

The right front temperature is around 80c.

Does anyone has a suggestion of what I could do ?

Hi Ninja,

Per some testing I did here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22761-Camber-and-tyre-pressure-vs-tyre-temperatures-telemetr

Moving your tyre pressure away from the default values can increase the temperature of a tyre. Lowering the pressure seems to have the biggest effect, so try lowering your RF pressure a little at a time until it settles on a temperature you are happy with after a few laps.

NinjaTrek2891
14-05-2015, 15:41
Thanks! I'll try it out now.

NinjaTrek2891
14-05-2015, 21:54
Managed to put out a descend time for Free Practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW6-P2QRNzQ

Still enough room for better.

Umer Ahmad
14-05-2015, 21:56
Asymmetric tracks will heat tyres asymmetrically. You can also mess with anti-roll bars to keep the tyres from lifting up while cornering.

JeyD02
15-05-2015, 04:04
Asymmetric tracks will heat tyres asymmetrically. You can also mess with anti-roll bars to keep the tyres from lifting up while cornering.

More like stiffer suspension and stiffer fast bump stop.

menaceuk
15-05-2015, 05:42
I kind of have a similar issue.

On my Sierra RS500 on Road America & Watkins Glen my front left tire gets a lot hotter than all other tyres, to the point where it turns red while all others are nice and green.

JimStick1
15-05-2015, 06:56
That's because those tracks put more stress on the left front than the other tyres. You have to set your cold pressures as such that when the tyres heat up, the heat and pressure across each of the two front tyres and the two rear tyres is close to even. It's hard to get front and rear pressures and temps to match but if you can, do it.

menaceuk
15-05-2015, 07:11
That's because those tracks put more stress on the left front than the other tyres. You have to set your cold pressures as such that when the tyres heat up, the heat and pressure across each of the two front tyres and the two rear tyres is close to even. It's hard to get front and rear pressures and temps to match but if you can, do it.

So how would I do that. Would I higher front left pressure and lower front right.

I will have a play with it later.

NinjaTrek2891
15-05-2015, 12:31
So how would I do that. Would I higher front left pressure and lower front right.

I will have a play with it later.

Increase your left front tire pressure... I do it with .10 increments and fine tuning at .05