PDA

View Full Version : Steering problem...

TheGBaker
14-05-2015, 14:54
For some reason when I transition from one direction to the next quickly. My steering wheel becomes stuck in the opposite direction. Which remains there until I release my thumb off the steering analog. This is obviously very frustrating since many of the tracks have "s" curves that seem to easily trigger this. Am I hitting the turns too hard? Is there a setting in the options to adjust this? Is it a bug in the steering?

wraithsrike
14-05-2015, 15:00
It's a bug and being worked on, was this in karts by any chance?

TheGBaker
14-05-2015, 15:12
It seems like almost all vehicles. It does seem to happen more frequent in the karts though.

RUSH3RCR
14-05-2015, 20:09
Yes there are lots of posts about this. Patch is coming. For now just set Steering Deadzone to 0 until they fix it. Has not happened to me sense I did that but had to reduce Steering sensitivity lower because the stick is really twitchy. Adjusting your steering in car tuning can help with this.

g3t0ut
14-05-2015, 23:42
I have updated controller firmware, game, and even with deadzone at 0 I still have this issue. I gave up on playing it happens every time I'm in a race. Really disappointing to have waited so long paid $60 then have to shelf the game because its practically unplayable. you'd think after all those delays an issue like this would have been found/corrected..

VeeZy
15-05-2015, 01:27
In same boat. Had to restart 3 out of 5 races because the steering locks to one side during quick movements. Annoys me even more that I like the game when it plays right, but at this point the frustration of having a good race end cause this problem isn't worth it. Hope then can fix this soon. Steering deadzone at 0 also dosent fix for me, if anything just makes it happen less

z3r0cool77
15-05-2015, 01:30
You have to be carefull not to slam the wheel full lock to full lock. It's definetly a bug and is being fixed as was already mentioned but trying to break that habit isn't a bad idea any way. Pcars is not forza and the car's really dont like being manhandled.

iiDangerCloseBK
26-05-2015, 22:37
Just got the game today, this is my only complaint about the game and I hope it's fixed soon