PDA

View Full Version : In-game Sliders Very Limited. No Fine Tuning.

Ch1ps N Queso
14-05-2015, 15:28
Simply put the X1 sliders are atrocious.

The AI slider can be adjusted in increments of 10. On PC this can be adjusted in increments of 1.

Some of the tuning is worthless (gear ratios for example) because we can't fine tune a darn thing. On PC all of the tuning sliders can be fine tuned.

Please add this to the must fix list.

HEF51
14-05-2015, 16:38
Can confirm. Also sometimes moving a slider wont even change the value.

z3r0cool77
14-05-2015, 16:58
Confirm this as well. Wanted to adjust my gear ratios last night and it was quite disappointing. You have a slider that just jumps across the bar at huge intervals. What looks to be a highly customizable setting ends up being a pretty bar with 2-3 actual select-able settings on it. I considered that maybe it's just realistic, can actual gear ratio's be fine tuned as easily as other games have led us to believe or are we limited in what kind of changes we can make?

Ch1ps N Queso
14-05-2015, 17:02
Confirm this as well. Wanted to adjust my gear ratios last night and it was quite disappointing. You have a slider that just jumps across the bar at huge intervals. What looks to be a highly customizable setting ends up being a pretty bar with 2-3 actual select-able settings on it. I considered that maybe it's just realistic, can actual gear ratio's be fine tuned as easily as other games have led us to believe or are we limited in what kind of changes we can make?

It may be realistic, that's true, but I can fine tune the same car on my PC in much smaller increments. I can fine tune just about every slider on PC in small increments. This isn't the case with the X1. We're getting the shaft here.

z3r0cool77
14-05-2015, 17:07
Confirmed then. NOT working as intended. :)

Adam.Freeman
14-05-2015, 22:08
happens to me too and its quite frustrating as I'm too quick for 80% and to slow for 90%. 85% would be great for me :) Also would help fine tune the set ups better.

Is this being looked into?

kaa0s
15-05-2015, 00:23
Gear ratios on console needs fixing sooner rather than later. There is currently pretty much one feasible position for each gear (1st being lowest / last gear being highest). We need to be able to move the sliders .1 at a time otherwise you just can't really do anything with them since they move 10.0 at a time. And this is imo one of the first (important) things you would change in the tuning settings depending on the track and its longest straight.

turbohondaej1
15-05-2015, 01:53
Gear ratios on console needs fixing sooner rather than later. There is currently pretty much one feasible position for each gear (1st being lowest / last gear being highest). We need to be able to move the sliders .1 at a time otherwise you just can't really do anything with them since they move 10.0 at a time. And this is imo one of the first (important) things you would change in the tuning settings depending on the track and its longest straight.

Ya I tried setting up the zonda r on azure circuit what a joke.. please fix;)

HEF51
15-05-2015, 06:11
Even the audio sliders can only be moved in increments of 10 :dejection:

z3r0cool77
15-05-2015, 16:24
If I recall GT6 had this same problem for quite a while. Must be some common thing to overlook.

MelBonkers
19-05-2015, 21:29
"Fixed" gear ratios (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26538-An-open-letter-to-Ian-Bell&p=926785&viewfull=1#post926785)

turbohondaej1
19-05-2015, 22:16
"Fixed" gear ratios (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26538-An-open-letter-to-Ian-Bell&p=926785&viewfull=1#post926785)

I'm confused after reading that thread from the link forward I see nothing that says gear ratios were patched and fixed? Maybe some details of what you mean would be helpful.