PDA

View Full Version : [Bug Report] AI Drive off track and Stop when Host leaves Multiplayer

Raven403
14-05-2015, 16:11
Hey playing on Xbox 1 with 4 friends, The host of the lobby left the session. Immediately the AI just stopped driving, (Like when you pause the game in multiplayer and you cant control your car.) They just drove in a straight line and came to a stop. The other players including myself were able to keep racing but a few of the AI were still on Track in places, so we had to drive around them. THEN a few laps later one of the AI started driving in circles onto and off of the track, making for an interesting obstacle to dodge.

This happened EVERY time the Host left the session. When the host rejoined the Session they Snapped back to the track and raced like nothing had happened.

EDIT: It happened on Different Tracks in Different Lobbies at Different Times so it is not localized to Location

If this is a repeat post i apologize but I didnt see it reported anywhere.

Playing on Xbox1 18.5 file size
Touro 1TB External HDD 7400 RPM
Controller Plugged into rear USB for Chat
Thrustmaster TX 458 in side USB port

Ch1ps N Queso
14-05-2015, 16:13
Can confirm this is happening.

HEF51
14-05-2015, 16:21
Can also confirm.

Mike Laskey
22-09-2015, 13:16
We fixed one scenario where this can happen for patch 4.0.

Raven403
23-09-2015, 11:54
@Mike Laskey

This still happened to me last night, was in a lobby with one other person and multiple AI on Road America, when he got disconnected, they all drove straight ahead from where they were and stopped moving. Then when I approached the location on track the Host got Disconnected, I got booted back to race central as well, I took these clips.

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/c76f83b3-ccf5-43dc-b900-9791939f8ed0

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/c2ab79aa-ed6b-4963-8f08-c98fef4a8d9e

hope it helps

Also, the Host in this case was on WiFi, and in my experience, it seems anyone playing on WiFi just cant stay connected to a MP lobby for an extended time.

Mike Laskey
29-09-2015, 13:35
Thanks. Bruno entered the details into our bug database so we catch that one for Phoenix. The root cause in your example being slightly different to the previous fix case is that when a node unexpectedly leaves the network (in other words not via a controlled leave game process), the AI controller can remain associated with that node for some period of time (too long) until remaining peers vote to migrate the various roles previously hosted by that node. So the future fix will be for our title to be more intelligent and aggressive about AI migration and split/decouple the AI migration handler from the standard disconnection migration flow.

Raven403
29-09-2015, 13:40
Thanks. Bruno entered the details into our bug database so we catch that one for Phoenix. The root cause in your example being slightly different to the previous fix case is that when a node unexpectedly leaves the network (in other words not via a controlled leave game process), the AI controller can remain associated with that node for some period of time (too long) until remaining peers vote to migrate the various roles previously hosted by that node. So the future fix will be for our title to be more intelligent and aggressive about AI migration and split/decouple the AI migration handler from the standard disconnection migration flow.

Oh ok, got it.

Mike at the end of the second clip, It says "You have Been Disconnected from the Session" message, also seen here

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/e41e3c...e-2b367db72712

What is happening there? Losing connection with the host? Because the above clip the host was still connected just fine. I appreciate the updates thanks!