PDA

View Full Version : T100 vs T300 - worth additional $$$ ?

djhonda
14-05-2015, 16:32
Hi everyone,

I just bought pCars few days ago and it's a blast but wanted to get a wheel. In a past on PS3 I was using Logitech G25 and 27 and it was great so I was kinda sad to find out about this whole "chip" thing. Anyways now I know Thrustmaster is my only option. I'm trying to decide between T100 and 300. Obviously if money wasn't a issue I would go for 300 but the price difference is significant - 150 to 400 USD and now the question is is the real life user experience between those 2 so different as well? I read the specs but I was hoping some of you have used both and can share their impressions before I make a final call. I'm not a hardcore gamer, my last wheel experience is from GT5 on PS3 and G27.

My only real concern with t100 before hearing about your experience and comparison to 300 is that it's not official ps4 wheel and it might not be compatible with other games on ps4

What do you guys think?

Dreco
14-05-2015, 16:39
You missed this deal.

http://i.gyazo.com/b9970fea1329706dd0dafd9af4b27472.png

_MB_
14-05-2015, 16:39
From what i've heard the T100 is like the Logitech DFGT and the T300 is like the G27,some say T300 slightly better.
I've had the Logitech DFGT and upgraded to the T300GTE (bit cheaper than the RS) and its a big improvement.
However the DFGT was still pretty good and done me well.For the casual gamer the T100 may be the way to go.

djhonda
14-05-2015, 16:52
Thanks for your replies guys. Drecko where was this promo? Which shop?

Danno
14-05-2015, 19:39
I have the T300RS. I don't think the 100 has FFB. The T300 is fantastic. I did a small brake mod to mine by adding a wedge of compressible foam to give the brake a better feel. It also does require a bit of time getting the settings right. But it is worth it in the end.

djhonda
14-05-2015, 19:53
T100 does have FFB. It's a bit smaller and it only rotates 270deg. I was just wondering how different is the driving experience between those two. Anyone?

Patrick Kulinski
14-05-2015, 20:53
My feeling is that the T100 is the "Thrustmaster RGT FFB"s successor. I own that wheel (replaced by a T00RS) and when I used that I was quite happy with it. The little wheel angle is hampering the playing though, you have only small safety margins while driving and therefore have to be precise.

dvc
14-05-2015, 23:29
From what i've heard the T100 is like the Logitech DFGT and the T300 is like the G27,some say T300 slightly better.
I've had the Logitech DFGT and upgraded to the T300GTE (bit cheaper than the RS) and its a big improvement.
However the DFGT was still pretty good and done me well.For the casual gamer the T100 may be the way to go.

I had DFGT, G25, G27, now have T300 GTE. Its the best of them all, Maybe not best looking but FFB cannot be compared to anything i had before

Marrrfooo
15-05-2015, 07:53
The T300RS is a fantastic wheel. It's not cheap - but it's a really great piece of kit with a lot of addon potential within the Thrustmater T product family so long therm there's other things you can do to change your setup (three pedal set, all metal three pedal set with F1 or GT style pedals, F1 wheel, Ferrari wheel, leather (slightly lighter) racing wheel, shifter...).

With PCARS it's absolutely brilliant. Really responsive, you can feel so much with it and it's very comfortable to use. Using the stock T300RS rim even means you can navigate the game and PS4 menus without needing a controller which is a bonus - although I'm coveting the TM Leather 28 GT wheel that's out of stock here in the UK as it's got a more racer-friendly button locations plus a nicer feel and slightly lighter rim. When I say 'nicer feel' though I simply mean that it's leather covered whereas the stock rim is a form of rubber/leather hybrid (or certainly feels that way) - but it feels great off the bat and doesn't NEED anything to make it better but the choices are there for those that like them.

To some extent it's a little scary spending that much on a wheel - but if you want a wheel of quality on console now you need to spend a decent amount and spending a little extra for such an excellent wheel becomes a distant memory once you start using it.

Not that I'm trying to enable you or anything - lol. (I sound like a work for TM - I don't!). :)

djhonda
15-05-2015, 13:52
Thanks for all the replies guys, now is a decision time for me. Am leaning towards t300 at the moment and rseat w-stand but we'll see :)

Dreco
15-05-2015, 14:50
Thanks for your replies guys. Drecko where was this promo? Which shop?

frys

fendtvario
15-05-2015, 15:08
We played pCars with some friends for the last two days. We have used the T100 and the T300. In case you have the money I would recommend the T300.

On the T300 the FFB feels more alive as on the T300 (I also used a G27 in the past, the T300 tops it). The amount of settings which can be done for this are huge and it took me a few hours trying to get a configuration I generally like as basics for most cars. The buttons on the T300RS are updated for PS4 (share and options buttons), but are placed very centric on the steering wheel. When driving the dpad is in reach of your fingers, the other buttons are bit far away. Compared to the T100 the paddles to switch gear are much bigger, although I have to say after two days of several hours use sometimes when pulled, nothing happens.

Both wheels have plastic grips (which is nothing compared to the luxury leather feel of the G27) but there is some difference. THe plastic of the T100 feels like the one that gets sticky after some time.

Fight-Test
06-07-2015, 15:14
do any of you guys know if the t100 pedals are the same as the t300 pedals? they look similar but a little different. I was gonna send my old t300's to a buddy for his t100 if they are better. Once we started looking we thought they could be the same thing. I couldnt find any info on it so any help would be appreciated.

PureMalt77
06-07-2015, 15:16
Don't think only about the wheel, if you plan to use add-ons like the TH8A shifter. This was one of the main reasons I decided to go for the T300, after coming from my 4 year old and PS4 incompatible G27...
At first the paddles seem to be enough, but you could only tame some cars, like the Lotus 98T, using clutch and manual gear.

Mr.Smoke
06-07-2015, 17:32
The T300 pedals are different & can not be used with the T100.

I havent used a T300 to compare against, but for its price, im quite pleased with my T100. I may upgrade to the T300 at some point, but for now what i have works just fine!!