PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster tx wheel

Pikamark
14-05-2015, 17:03
Just got delivery of my thrustmaster TX wheel and wheel stand pro today so just need to get it setup .
Should I upgrade or check the firmware before using or just use straight from the box.
Anyone have any good setup tips or just trial and error really?

Thanks

leftturney
14-05-2015, 17:21
Definitely hook it up to the pc (don't need the pedals, just the base and power) and put the 48B firmware on it.
Then once you do that you're good to go.

Also if you play Forza you get a bonus, on firmware 47 / 48 you can use manual w clutch. If you press mode + A button at the same time it will activate manual with clutch on the TX. Every time you shift it will also press the a button to activate the clutch.

Pikamark
14-05-2015, 18:08
Thanks for the info but looks like it will have to wait for now as the power lead hasn't got a UK type plug and I have no adaptor at home so have to get one at the weekend.
I take it the UK power lead is just a lead or does it have a transformer on it?

Pikamark
14-05-2015, 20:33
Also anyone have to use a usb extension cable from the wheel to the console as the cable on it isn't long enough to reach where my console is located

Seps1974
14-05-2015, 21:11
Also if you play Forza you get a bonus, on firmware 47 / 48 you can use manual w clutch. If you press mode + A button at the same time it will activate manual with clutch on the TX. Every time you shift it will also press the a button to activate the clutch.

This also works with P CARS.

Seps1974
14-05-2015, 21:13
Also anyone have to use a sub extension cable from the wheel to the console as the cable on it isn't long enough to reach where my console is located

I use and it works just fine.

Sp4mD4gger
14-05-2015, 21:24
Check this link, if you have a Maplin store near you, http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-usb-30-a-to-a-active-extension-cable-3m-a13qg

Pikamark
15-05-2015, 05:08
Check this link, if you have a Maplin store near you, http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-usb-30-a-to-a-active-extension-cable-3m-a13qg

Thanks for the link I have a maplins round the corner from my work and they have it in stock

Pikamark
15-05-2015, 21:53
Wheels all set up now and this game is just so much better knocking about 3.5 seconds a lap off of my previous times and I think the feed back feels ok and I'm just using all default settings
Only thing I did was update the firmware