PDA

View Full Version : Please patch in an option to lock at 30fps

JamesUpton
14-05-2015, 18:58
These frame jumps are killing the experience for me. I've spun out on corners in the fan because of some of these jumps and it's just behind distracting for me. I do not believe it'll ever be a constant 60. An option to lock it at 30 would be well received by a good number of is I imagine.

ermo
14-05-2015, 20:18
These frame jumps are killing the experience for me. I've spun out on corners in the fan because of some of these jumps and it's just behind distracting for me. I do not believe it'll ever be a constant 60. An option to lock it at 30 would be well received by a good number of is I imagine.

Not sure if SMS are allowed to implement this per the Microsoft certification requirements for the XBox One. If they are, I'm thinking this might be a decent idea. :)

OneBadHuskerFan
14-05-2015, 20:28
If it's an OPTION then sure.

Bobbydakid
14-05-2015, 20:33
If it's an OPTION then sure.

Agree, I'm happy with it at 60 and for SMS to continue to optimise the Xbox version.

JamesUpton
14-05-2015, 20:53
Yes I know, lol an option would be best. Many people would be upset if they abandoned 60 all together.

madmax2069
14-05-2015, 20:57
Theres a few games on both consoles (PS4 and XB one) that have the option to enable and disable a frame lock but that is just a bandaid over the actual issues.

They will improve framerates by fixing bugs and issues within the games code, once they do this you'll wont need a frame lock.

thisisbleep
15-05-2015, 02:19
Wait for the optimisations to be added, they have said that they found 6-9% extra performance a few days ago, hopefully that number is higher now.

Froggystomper
15-05-2015, 03:31
I may be off the mark here, but I think quite a few folk are confusing frame drops (which are mildly irritating) with the freezing\banding bug (which is game breaking at it's worst).

For the record, I've only had two instances of the freezing mid-corner problem and hardly noticed any frame drops. Not sure if the fact I don't use the instant on feature may be a factor with this - basically, my XB1 is completely shut down every time I'm finished using it.

Patrik Marek
15-05-2015, 03:34
I heard you can change resolution that apparently helps a lot

Froggystomper
15-05-2015, 03:40
Again, I think people are getting confused with that. They're setting the output of their televisions to 720p but the game still outputs at 900p (with the hardware upscaler mimicking 1080p) - I can't see how that could possibly improve performance.