PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster 458 wheel.

Im Sorry
14-05-2015, 19:28
Right guys I would like to know if the thrust master is worth getting for this game.I don't have 200-300 pounds for a set up so would like to know from anyone who has it if the 458 wheel is it a step up from the controller?

HEF51
14-05-2015, 19:30
As of now, Yes the 458 Spider would probably be a step up from the controller.

Im Sorry
14-05-2015, 19:33
As of now, Yes the 458 Spider would probably be a step up from the controller.

Thanks

thisisbleep
15-05-2015, 03:32
Be aware that the 458 Spider and 458 Italia are different, the Spider has no force feedback and reduced rotation.

If those are important to you, you should pay a little more for that.

Coastkey
15-05-2015, 08:24
The Spider Wheel is Perfect for me, and not a step up, but 50 steps up! The difference is huge. Only thing I miss is a "trigger" button to move around in menus, but thats no biggi.

Vitamin R
06-06-2015, 20:31
I just purchased this wheel today. I will test it thoroughly and then give you my thoughts.

mitch09
06-06-2015, 20:35
This is a race simulator; get the Italia wheel!!

You may as well stick with the controller if you get the spider.....

Vitamin R
06-06-2015, 20:37

Donations can be made to... J/k

I'm not dropping $300+ on a wheel with mediocre reviews.

mitch09
06-06-2015, 20:45
Mediocre?!?!

Dude - the "Italia" is one of the best out there!! As mentioned, Spider is just a wheel and a stick. No FFB.

Awsome value for money and there is no need to drop double that for upcoming Fanatec gear. And if you wish, you can buy the T3PA pedals (or not) and the TH8A shifter kit (or not) - its not a forced purchase for atuff you dont need! TH8A is awsome, I have it, but as I left foot brake, so I havent bothered with upgrading the pedals yet.

nissan4ever
06-06-2015, 21:13

I beg to differ! I've had mine since lauch in November 2013. I love it & haven't had any problems! Even though some say FFB on console version of Project CARS isn't as good as the PC version. But it's light years ahead of what any Forza game offered in terms of FFB. I'm throughly impressed with the performance of my TX on Project CARS.

INoTroN
06-06-2015, 21:59
The 458 spider is awesome dude 100x better than a controller.

INoTroN
06-06-2015, 22:01
I beg to differ! I've had mine since lauch in November 2013. I love it & haven't had any problems! Even though some say FFB on console version of Project CARS isn't as good as the PC version. But it's light years ahead of what any Forza game offered in terms of FFB. I'm throughly impressed with the performance of my TX on Project CARS.

Lol you can buy a car with all the thing on your picture. ;)

nissan4ever
06-06-2015, 22:43
Lol you can buy a car with all the thing on your picture. ;)

Just $900 worth of Thrustmaster gear with racing shoes & gloves. ;)

Thingamejig
06-06-2015, 22:58
I considered the 458 spider wheel but bought the TX as I thought I'd end up regretting it. I obviously can't comment on the spider but I can say the TX is awesome.

I'm not sure if I'm any faster but I'm definitely enjoying the game a lot more with a wheel. Night and day for me.

I also bought a Playseat Challenge and before it arrived I had my wheel on my desk for a few days. Whatever wheel you end up buying you should consider a seat or wheel stand too.

The Playseat is great too and folds up really well to put in a corner out of the way.

Edit: there doesn't seem a way to add gearstick support to the Challenge at the moment if you got tempted in the future.

Krylon Blue
07-06-2015, 01:14
I wish I could afford a TX and racing setup. I have a DXRacer seat so I feel like I'm in a car as it is but the lack of wheel is a bummer. I'm gonna try for one since I mostly play racers anyways.

Vitamin R
07-06-2015, 01:15

Apparently two of you cannot read. I said it has mediocre REVIEWS! I've read from several sites about the force feed back motor burning up.

nissan4ever
07-06-2015, 02:01
Apparently two of you cannot read. I said it has mediocre REVIEWS! I've read from several sites about the force feed back motor burning up.

Apparently you can't read either. I've had mine since launch 2013. Mine works fine. Over 400 hrs racing, if not more.

stux
07-06-2015, 02:09

Early batches had issues. These issues were resolved (like a certain game we know).

You'd do best to ignore the parts in the reviews from the first year about reliability and look to more recent reviews.

http://xboxracingpro.com/xbox-racing-wheels
http://xboxracingpro.com/thrustmaster-tx-racing-wheel-review

nachocrusher
07-06-2015, 02:22
I've had the tx since last july & love it. Save up if you have to but don't get the spider.
There were a lot of bad reviews of the tx burning up when it first came out , so don't buy a used one.
What ever the problem was ,the tx bases that have came out over the last year doesn't have it. I've got a lot of hours logged on mine.

girlracerTracey
07-06-2015, 02:45
Right guys I would like to know if the thrust master is worth getting for this game.I don't have 200-300 pounds for a set up so would like to know from anyone who has it if the 458 wheel is it a step up from the controller?

Don't hesitate in getting a 458 Spyder would be my advice. Not only is it a worthwhile step-up from a controller but the truth is that it is not that far behind the more expensive TX wheel in terms of on track performance. Simple truth despite what some ppl might tell you is that you do not need to have FFB to be competitive & fast on this game. The 458 if mounted securely (wheel and pedals both need mounting/attaching securely to work properly) is extremely competitive against more expensive wheels from my experience and the experience of others I have spoken with.

Have a look at this earlier thread. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28960-Thrustmaster-458-Spider

grT

Frog T
07-06-2015, 02:45
Stick with the controller or save. As it stands controllers are putting in good times, trust I've noticed as I use the tx wheel lol. IMO you need feedback of some description in order to play the game which you get with the controller & tx wheel, but not the spider. How will you know your about to lose traction without any feedback? You'll spin or plough through the corner and put your blood pressure through the roof to boot.

Brent G
07-06-2015, 02:52
Mediocre?!?!

Dude - the "Italia" is one of the best out there!! As mentioned, Spider is just a wheel and a stick. No FFB.

Awsome value for money and there is no need to drop double that for upcoming Fanatec gear. And if you wish, you can buy the T3PA pedals (or not) and the TH8A shifter kit (or not) - its not a forced purchase for atuff you dont need! TH8A is awsome, I have it, but as I left foot brake, so I havent bothered with upgrading the pedals yet.

Agreed, the 450 I spent on my TX & Playseat is the best money Ive ever parted with (well except that time i was Amsterdam, ahem). It truly is the way pCars was meant to played. I know it seems like a fairly large sum just to game but in my opinion it is undoubtedly worth it. Just need to save for T3PA Pro & TH8A now! A larger diameter wheel might be nice too or the F1 replica wheel with its 2 D-pads. Either or will suffice!

Brent G
07-06-2015, 02:57

Thats a rather nice little collection you got there mate, I really love the F1 wheel it looks awesome. Looks like a holiday is out the question this year I need more racing goodies! The Mrs is gonna be pissed ;)

girlracerTracey
07-06-2015, 03:03
Stick with the controller or save. As it stands controllers are putting in good times, trust I've noticed as I use the tx wheel lol. IMO you need feedback of some description in order to play the game which you get with the controller & tx wheel, but not the spider. How will you know your about to lose traction without any feedback? You'll spin or plough through the corner and put your blood pressure through the roof to boot.

Quote from another forum thread:

"I ALWAYS felt like FFB was gimmicky (Iracing racer here....so well versed to what FFB is supposed to feel like as Iracing is the premier racing service and nailed it).

I have a FFB wheel and quiet frankly turned FFB off. Many like the FFB, but all the top racers in Iracing turn it off. No FFB is the choice of the top sim drivers in the world....if that means anything.

But MOST like FFB...and I respect that too. Personally I like FFB OFF. So my ffb is turned off."
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29763-Upgraded-from-t80-to-t100&p=968425#post968425

I think to be fair there will always be differing opinions on aspects such as FFB in racing games. Neither school of thought is right or wrong imo. This one boils down to personal preference I think.

grT :friendly_wink:

INoTroN
07-06-2015, 05:16
I have the 458 spider and im ok with that i dont need and i dont want the TX im very ok with the spider.

mitch09
07-06-2015, 05:33
I have the 458 spider and im ok with that i dont need and i dont want the TX im very ok with the spider.

Not saying anyone with or buying a Spider is wrong, BUT the Spider is not a wheel worth buying if you are in the market for a wheel. $450 AUD is all you need for a the basic 458 Italia package with standard pedals. The Spider is not in the same league in terms of overall satisfaction of simulation driving. It offers no FFB or weighting of the Itala - save your cash and get the better wheel!!!

Vitamin R
07-06-2015, 05:40

Ok, so here's what I think about the 458 Spider:

Steering:
Solid wheel with comfortable grips and all buttons are within easy access. The wheel uses a band system to simulate the force feedback while turning and brings the wheel back to center fairly well. The handling is much more fluid than with the game pad. I am able to hold my line with much more accuracy. Paddle shifters work flawlessly. The clamp system is decent and only severe counter steering made the tray I was using rock. The wheel is the strongest pro for this product.

Pedals:
Here is where the downfall occurs. Since there is no vibration feedback under braking or acceleration, you are flying by wire. It is very easy to lock up the brakes going into the turns and over accelerate coming out. The pedal stand is also very light, so unless you have a racing chair holding it in place the pedals will continually slide away from you. To get through my test I finally had to use my left foot to hold the stand in place which made for an uncomfortable drive.

Overall:
Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. IF the Italia wheels ffb motor problems have been solved, then I would suggest saving up for that wheel instead. That being said, for $90 it's really hard to put blame on the products performance. This is just my take. I hope that it is helpful to the readers.

I myself will be returning my 458 Spider and start saving for a decent racing chair and the Italia wheel.

Thank you.

INoTroN
07-06-2015, 06:50
Not saying anyone with or buying a Spider is wrong, BUT the Spider is not a wheel worth buying if you are in the market for a wheel. $450 AUD is all you need for a the basic 458 Italia package with standard pedals. The Spider is not in the same league in terms of overall satisfaction of simulation driving. It offers no FFB or weighting of the Itala - save your cash and get the better wheel!!!

Yes the spider is very good and is only 90$
i dont need to waste 450$ in a wheel for having fun
with 450$ i can buy a ps4 or an x1 lol
450$ is way too much money for a toy,
i try the TX and the spider, the TX have only ffb the 2 wheel are the same,
one with ffb and one without ffb same pedal same wheel.

AtomicSphincter
07-06-2015, 06:59
If all you care for is setting top leader board times you don't need a wheel, but if you are looking to bump up your fun factor then get the wheel. I don't know about the spider wheel, but I have the TX and it's worth the price. The force feedback is nice and strong in Project Cars. Save up and get a force feedback wheel, it'll put a smile on your face every time. Oh, and don't expect to be fast with a wheel right away, it took me some time before I got as quick as I once was with a controller. P.S. I paid $289 for TX on Amazon

FA RACING 01
07-06-2015, 07:04
Good summary from VitaminR. Got the TX 458 Italia and never looked back. As next poster said it's bit expensive, but if decide to go racing, a scateboard wont keep up with the fast guys.;)

mitch09
07-06-2015, 07:14
And if you are handy with the tools - you can make your own frame!!

Below is mine - $120 AUD.206484

FA RACING 01
07-06-2015, 07:19
And if you are handy with the tools - you can make your own frame!!

Below is mine - $120 AUD.206484

Love that. You added surround sound?

mitch09
07-06-2015, 07:24
Ohh yeah!!

Subwoofer mounted on the frame too; who needs a Buttkicker?!?!

But i use headphones for most of the time: only when its the weekend daytime do I have it cranked.

mitch09
07-06-2015, 07:35
Ohh yeah!!

But i use headphones for most of the time: only when its the weekend daytime do I have it cranked.

FA RACING 01
07-06-2015, 07:42
Ohh yeah!!

Got the same system than yours, but no sound "upgrades". Got a new idea now, thanks

girlracerTracey
07-06-2015, 07:47
Ok, so here's what I think about the 458 Spider:

Pedals:
Here is where the downfall occurs. Since there is no vibration feedback under braking or acceleration, you are flying by wire. It is very easy to lock up the brakes going into the turns and over accelerate coming out. The pedal stand is also very light, so unless you have a racing chair holding it in place the pedals will continually slide away from you. To get through my test I finally had to use my left foot to hold the stand in place which made for an uncomfortable drive.

All you need to do to solve the problem of the pedals moving around is to "mount" the pedals unit firmly to a home-made wooden frame. Costs virtually nothing to do this. Just use the 2 bolt holes on the under-side of the pedals unit. Or use whatever pedal "mounting" system you prefer. Problem solved.

Personally I always race with FFB turned off on all my controllers and also when using my pc FFB equipped steering wheel (not compatible with the xbox one or PS4 consoles) so lack of FFB in terms of acceleration or braking for me and for ppl who choose to run without FFB presents no issue for us at all.

This one boils down to personal preference I think. As indicated above some very, very fast leader-board topping "sim" racers on this and other racing games choose to run with FFB turned off. Equally some very, very fast leader-board topping "sim" racers choose to run with FFB turned on.

That all being said if you are content & happy to run without FFB then 65 for a Spyder for many ppl represents very good value for money. If you are not on a budget and fancy a TX then go out & buy one & enjoy the experience it brings to you. Like everything in life you pay your money and you take your choice. I have tried out a TX racing wheel at a friend's house and yes of course it's a nice wheel.

Love & peace.
grT :)
P.S. @ mitch09: that seat looks very comfy I must say. Nice set-up. :friendly_wink:

mitch09
07-06-2015, 08:12
Love & peace.
grT :)
P.S. @ mitch09: that seat looks very comfy I must say. Nice set-up. :friendly_wink:

Ohhh it is!!! I stripped the interior out of my previous car - and kept the (manually adjustable) drivers seat for this cockpit. The next plan is to repad the base for a bit more bolster on the sides, but other than that Ive spent days in a row on it in comfort!!!!!!! :D :D

stux
07-06-2015, 08:16
The difference is an FFB wheel will allow you to begin turning Pcars into a race car simulator rather than a racing game

girlracerTracey
07-06-2015, 10:15
The difference is an FFB wheel will allow you to begin turning Pcars into a race car simulator rather than a racing game

Yes in that you make a very good point. As a competitively minded league racer however all I am interested in are lap-times if I am to be honest.

I fully accept and understand that depth of "immersion" is very important to others though. And it has to be said that with a TX wheel you can easily have both (a fast pace & a deeper level of immersion) albeit at a higher price.

grT

girlracerTracey
07-06-2015, 10:18
Ohhh it is!!! I stripped the interior out of my previous car - and kept the (manually adjustable) drivers seat for this cockpit. The next plan is to repad the base for a bit more bolster on the sides, but other than that Ive spent days in a row on it in comfort!!!!!!! :D :D

I want one! I could fall asleep in that chair in between racing online and whilst listening to soothing music very happily indeed!

grT :semi-twins:

BellCurve
07-06-2015, 10:36

With respect, you are wrong. I went from controller to 458 Spider to TX. The jump from controller to wheel - period - was enough. The TX is better, but not completely necessary.

mitch09
07-06-2015, 10:43
I want one! I could fall asleep in that chair in between racing online and whilst listening to soothing music very happily indeed!

grT :semi-twins:

Hehe well after a good nights racing - its kinda easy to do so!! And it is a car seat after all sooo it reclines to a nice angle if you couldnt be stuffed goong to bed :sleeping: ;)

Brent G
07-06-2015, 10:45
Just $900 worth of Thrustmaster gear with racing shoes & gloves. ;)

$900! Jeez we get ripped off to death here in good old blighty. Thats why its called rip off britain, all your gear would total about a 1000 here and if im correct that roughly $1800. Damn this country pissess me off!

mitch09
07-06-2015, 10:51
With respect, you are wrong. I went from controller to 458 Spider to TX. The jump from controller to wheel - period - was enough. The TX is better, but not completely necessary.

Not going to tell you how to play the game mate BUT for the most realistic experience on a racing simulator, do not even think about the Spider. Its all im gonna say. If you think its enough, then fine, ive done the back to back testing at a gaming expo in Sydney a few years back and the Italia was a no brainer. As a wheel user of over a decade, I thought I would provide a good recommendation of what wheel to get.

StuWard75
07-06-2015, 11:49
For me it's not what makes me fastest. It's what puts the biggest smile on my face. And that has to be the Tx.
Feeling the car fight back and every bump on the track.
I'm sure I'm seconds slower at the mo, but you know what ? I'm not bothered in the slightest.

BG Hainesy
07-06-2015, 12:02
For me it's not what makes me fastest. It's what puts the biggest smile on my face. And that has to be the Tx.
Feeling the car fight back and every bump on the track.
I'm sure I'm seconds slower at the mo, but you know what ? I'm not bothered in the slightest.

This ^^^
You basically put in want you want to get out of it. Personally I wish I had the money/room for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=DxMGdF_i8QI
Mr Bell, can I have a loan please?

AZT Turbo
07-06-2015, 12:09
I had a go on the Cruden rig a few years ago in a F3000 car, it was amazing, completely immersive and the pure sense of speed from the g-forces under braking, acceleration and cornering are impossible to describe. When changing gear the rig gives you a kick in the back that maybe doesn't come across in the video.

BellCurve
08-06-2015, 10:24
Not going to tell you how to play the game mate BUT for the most realistic experience on a racing simulator, do not even think about the Spider.

No worries of course! The only point I was trying to make is, if you can, get the 458 Spider wheel at the very least. The change from pad to wheel (even the Spider) is leaps and bounds with this game. The change from the Spider to the TX is great, just not as marginal.

Edit: Haven't played with the pad since the 1.3 patch.

I had a go on the Cruden rig a few years ago in a F3000 car, it was amazing, completely immersive and the pure sense of speed from the g-forces under braking, acceleration and cornering are impossible to describe. When changing gear the rig gives you a kick in the back that maybe doesn't come across in the video.

I envy you! The gear-shift effect wasn't noticeable to me until you mentioned it. Love struck.

CQR Basher
08-06-2015, 10:35

petrosAspros
08-06-2015, 10:41
TX Italia is the most worth payment i ever done....
Project+Tx Italia=24/7 smile

CLOWN KAOSZ
08-06-2015, 11:07
I have some questions.

I'm about to buy the 458 italia but are the pedals mountable on a playseat? With this I mean can you fasten them or is it a loose plate?
Also, are in this lobby, some dutch people who can give me a adress or website to order the plate with 3 pedals en the other steering wheels?!

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to race with the TX!

BG Hainesy
08-06-2015, 15:41
I have some questions.

I'm about to buy the 458 italia but are the pedals mountable on a playseat? With this I mean can you fasten them or is it a loose plate?
Also, are in this lobby, some dutch people who can give me a adress or website to order the plate with 3 pedals en the other steering wheels?!

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to race with the TX!

Not sure where to get them in Holland but this website will give you information about mounting compatibility. http://xboxracingpro.com/t3pa-wide-pedal-set-review
The pedals that come with the TX have pre-threaded holes for mounting onto seat plates and I assume it's the same with the 458 Spider pedals.

SwiftyJ
08-06-2015, 18:01
This ^^^
You basically put in want you want to get out of it. Personally I wish I had the money/room for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=DxMGdF_i8QI
Mr Bell, can I have a loan please?

I'm lucky enough to have one of these at my University, it sure is fun :D

BG Hainesy
08-06-2015, 18:16
I'm lucky enough to have one of these at my University, it sure is fun :D

How on earth do you get any education done? I'd superglue my arse to it. :D

agentbeef
08-06-2015, 18:28
ok so I do like the game despite its obvious problems (not going there) and I was thinking of buying a steering wheel, there is a lot of talk about thrustmasters but what of the madcatz
does anyone know if it is supported by the game and indeed if it is any good. hopefully someone out there knows something and can let me know.

BG Hainesy
08-06-2015, 18:34
ok so I do like the game despite its obvious problems (not going there) and I was thinking of buying a steering wheel, there is a lot of talk about thrustmasters but what of the madcatz
does anyone know if it is supported by the game and indeed if it is any good. hopefully someone out there knows something and can let me know.

I'm assuming you want one for the Xbox One (you have your platform listed as p.c.) as it's the Xbox section, so have a look at the following website for a guide.

agentbeef
08-06-2015, 18:37
I'm assuming you want one for the Xbox One (you have your platform listed as p.c.) as it's the Xbox section, so have a look at the following website for a guide.

yeah great thanks not sure where to change my platform but will get that sorted.

Bigsteviet
08-06-2015, 19:44
I recently swapped from controller to my new 458 Italia and it improved my experience no end. You'll have FAR great control and finesse.

The FFB isn't perfect, but I gather they are addressing this in a future patch.

I was dubious about reliability before buying. One week in and so far, it's still alive. It has smelt hot/burning and a little graunchy at times, but still working A-OK.

Flanimal
08-06-2015, 19:55
I've took the plunge and gone for the TX, ordered it from dabs.com, they are awaiting stock, but they are the cheapest price, 219.99.
I don't know of anywhere else that has stock apart from Shopto.net, but they want 259.99, so I'll wait...

CLOWN KAOSZ
09-06-2015, 05:57
Not sure where to get them in Holland but this website will give you information about mounting compatibility. http://xboxracingpro.com/t3pa-wide-pedal-set-review
The pedals that come with the TX have pre-threaded holes for mounting onto seat plates and I assume it's the same with the 458 Spider pedals.

Thanks! I will check it out!

stux
09-06-2015, 06:47

The pedals that come with the TX have the holes narrower than the T3PA. Anyway, worst case, its nothing you couldn't fix with a drill, assuming the wheel stand has a plate to mount the pedals.

There is a mounting template available from Thrustmaster's website.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/Manuals/TXRW/TMFFB_2Pedals%20Template.pdf

You need 2 M6 holes, 204mm apart (centre to centre)

CLOWN KAOSZ
09-06-2015, 10:37
The pedals that come with the TX have the holes narrower than the T3PA. Anyway, worst case, its nothing you couldn't fix with a drill, assuming the wheel stand has a plate to mount the pedals.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/Manuals/TXRW/TMFFB_2Pedals%20Template.pdf

Also thanks for the info. I'll check everything out!

justonce68
09-06-2015, 15:27

I mounted my pedals to my GT Omega rig with Velcro, no movement and easy to remove should you need too. Ebay self adhesive velcro about 3. 2 minutes to fit.

Frog T
09-06-2015, 17:09
I mounted my pedals to my GT Omega rig with Velcro, no movement and easy to remove should you need too. Ebay self adhesive velcro about 3. 2 minutes to fit.

why didn't I think of that? nice1 dude

CLOWN KAOSZ
11-06-2015, 10:35

That's a really good idea :)

Hammerpgh
11-06-2015, 13:34
I've took the plunge and gone for the TX, ordered it from dabs.com, they are awaiting stock, but they are the cheapest price, 219.99.
I don't know of anywhere else that has stock apart from Shopto.net, but they want 259.99, so I'll wait...

I was planning on getting this at the same price a couple of weeks ago but now it seems everywhere at a decent price is out of stock with no idea of when they will be available again. So frustrating with the game sat there waitingot be enjoyed!!

kc76
11-06-2015, 20:37
Bt shop is also 219.99 but awaiting delivery ! Can still order at that price though !

CLOWN KAOSZ
11-06-2015, 20:42
Oke first I had a question about the firmware update but I found it, thank god (I had some issues with finding the right program on my computer :) )

But what do you guys think about the T3PA-pro against the normal T3PA pedals? I want to buy a 3 pedal base but I'm not sure which one to buy.
I do like the that you have 2 settings for the brake pedal with the T3PA-pro and that you can choose between the F1 or GT style. But how is the normal T3PA?
I have the money to spend more (for the pro version) but is it worth it?

If someone has some good info I would appreciate it!

Thanks

Hammerpgh
12-06-2015, 08:26
Bt shop is also 219.99 but awaiting delivery ! Can still order at that price though !
Yes, i've seen several places offering it at that price but am put off by the fact that none of them know when they will get stock in. I don't want to order under those circumstances and then get left waiting and waiting. It's so frustrating having the game sat there wanting to be played :/

stux
12-06-2015, 08:35
Oke first I had a question about the firmware update but I found it, thank god (I had some issues with finding the right program on my computer :) )

But what do you guys think about the T3PA-pro against the normal T3PA pedals? I want to buy a 3 pedal base but I'm not sure which one to buy.
I do like the that you have 2 settings for the brake pedal with the T3PA-pro and that you can choose between the F1 or GT style. But how is the normal T3PA?
I have the money to spend more (for the pro version) but is it worth it?

If someone has some good info I would appreciate it!

Thanks

i saved my cash, and got the leather rim ;)

I think mechanically they are the same so it comes down to how badly you want the gt style and the bling

CLOWN KAOSZ
12-06-2015, 10:36
i saved my cash, and got the leather rim ;)

I think mechanically they are the same so it comes down to how badly you want the gt style and the bling

I bought the GTE wheel yesterday online :). I can pick it up in about 2 hours haha. Aren't the GTE and GT28 wheel pretty much the same, besides the looks?
Anyway, the wheel is already in the pocket and next month I'm gonna buy the F1 wheel :).

What I would like to know if there is any difference in the throttle pedal. Does one of the two has more 'feeling' to it?

stux
12-06-2015, 11:02
I bought the GTE wheel yesterday online :). I can pick it up in about 2 hours haha. Aren't the GTE and GT28 wheel pretty much the same, besides the looks?
Anyway, the wheel is already in the pocket and next month I'm gonna buy the F1 wheel :).

I think the GT28 rim is 200g lighter, and the maneteno is a knob, so harder to turn than the ferrari toggle. And its leather ;)

Other than that, the same

(I ordered these labels the other day... looking forward to them http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/15261-thrustmaster-ferrari-gte-f458-wheel-vinyl-panel-decals/ )

What I would like to know if there is any difference in the throttle pedal. Does one of the two has more 'feeling' to it?

Hard to say. I've put the TX pedals under the house ;)

The throttle and clutch are fairly easy to press... i use the brake mod wound as close to the pedal as possible, that certainly makes a difference.

HotRockin
12-06-2015, 17:14
Just had my wheel I bought on the June 2nd die on me. Unless anyone knows how to correct this issue: I plug in the wheel to either my Xbox or PC and the wheel rotates and the lights come on. It turns left and right and then shuts off. No response when I hit the Xbox button on the wheel. I tried resetting my USB ports already and no luck. Any tips?

Brent G
12-06-2015, 18:14
Perhaps a daft question but as I have to unplug my TX each time My Mrs nags me to death over Big Brother should I calibrate each time its pugged back in and I start up pCars? By that I mean the in game calibration. Cheers in advance.

Brent G
12-06-2015, 18:18
Just had my wheel I bought on the June 2nd die on me. Unless anyone knows how to correct this issue: I plug in the wheel to either my Xbox or PC and the wheel rotates and the lights come on. It turns left and right and then shuts off. No response when I hit the Xbox button on the wheel. I tried resetting my USB ports already and no luck. Any tips?

The power cable on mine is a bit iffy mate, only gotta catch it and power goes off. Know its a long shot but maybe yours is dodgy too and the harshness of the wheel spinning on start up is knocking it loose. Like a say long shot but you never know mate.

HotRockin
12-06-2015, 20:19
The power cable on mine is a bit iffy mate, only gotta catch it and power goes off. Know its a long shot but maybe yours is dodgy too and the harshness of the wheel spinning on start up is knocking it loose. Like a say long shot but you never know mate.

Thanks for the advice. I checked that too. No luck. :grey: Walmart is sending out a replacement to me.

stux
13-06-2015, 03:02
Perhaps a daft question but as I have to unplug my TX each time My Mrs nags me to death over Big Brother should I calibrate each time its pugged back in and I start up pCars? By that I mean the in game calibration. Cheers in advance.

You should fully exercise the pedals, but I don't bother recalibrating and it seems more than fine

Brent G
13-06-2015, 08:47
You should fully exercise the pedals, but I don't bother recalibrating and it seems more than fine

Cheers Stux, much appreciated mate.

sar0za88
14-06-2015, 06:00
hi spider wheel have triger its red button start engine

sorry for my english

I Super GT I
14-06-2015, 12:04
I recently got myself the Thrustmaster TX 458 wheel with the TH8A Shifter and the F1 Wheel add on and my experience of the game is so much better, so yes it is definitely a step up. If you can get the money together, I would definitely recommend buying yourself a good wheel.

RacerPaul65
14-06-2015, 17:28
Perhaps a daft question but as I have to unplug my TX each time My Mrs nags me to death over Big Brother should I calibrate each time its pugged back in and I start up pCars? By that I mean the in game calibration. Cheers in advance
I used to have a similar problem, so I got rid of the wife :cool: Naaah not really, I just got myself a little 26" lcd tv and moved to the other end of the room :D

Little tv's are relatively inexpensive nowadays Brent. Food for thought