PDA

View Full Version : Impossible AI Qualifying Times

Jd896
14-05-2015, 19:59
Hi all,

Usually when I set a fast time in qualifying, I tend to skip to the end of the session so that I can jump right into the race without waiting. It's been two times now where the pole AI time is usually something impossible to obtain realistically. I did this on an invitational event at Laguna Seca in the RUF CTR3 spec series, where the AI's time was 15+ seconds quicker than my time, which put me second on the grid (It was in the 1:15 range I believe, which is something that only LMPs should be able to do). I didn't see any posts like this on the forum when browsing through the search bar, so hopefully I'm not reporting a common issue. Has anyone else noticed this? Cheers.

Siberian Tiger
14-05-2015, 20:01
Yes, it's a know Issue that Skip to the End, can lead to very fast AI Times..

The Dev's are looking into it...

Finexi
15-05-2015, 23:51
Hi all,

Usually when I set a fast time in qualifying, I tend to skip to the end of the session so that I can jump right into the race without waiting. It's been two times now where the pole AI time is usually something impossible to obtain realistically. I did this on an invitational event at Laguna Seca in the RUF CTR3 spec series, where the AI's time was 15+ seconds quicker than my time, which put me second on the grid (It was in the 1:15 range I believe, which is something that only LMPs should be able to do). I didn't see any posts like this on the forum when browsing through the search bar, so hopefully I'm not reporting a common issue. Has anyone else noticed this? Cheers.

I have also experienced something similar. At the time I just thought it was a little weird, I was in first place with 2 minutes left to the end of the session at Monza so I skiped to race. My surprise? Ended up last in the grid 6 second away from the pole lap... lol
Lets hope this gets fixed very soon, along with the other 250+ bugs...

Disease
16-05-2015, 08:49
possible temporary solution to this... instead of skip to end, just accelerate the time in the session or fast forward (whatever its called) and it will be over in a very short wait.
pretty sure the times stay realistic this way..

D1rty Duck UK
16-05-2015, 11:21
Wow another bug that should have been picked up in testing. This is basic testing which has obviously not been done correctly.

Unreal as the game has so much potential.

Bborzell
16-05-2015, 12:35
Similar, but opposite effect for me. I run a fast practice lap and then shut down, proceed to end of session, only to find the AI times to be 6-8 minutes slower than my time.

RareWhiteApe
20-05-2015, 09:11
I notice on PS4 that if I set the AI down to something like 40%, then consistently qualify some 10 seconds quicker, after skipping to the end they'll be within two seconds of my laptime.

Two seconds! I quake in my boots man!

But seriously, I'm not sure how related that is to the impossible laptime bug, but it would be quite annoying for someone who hasn't got the experience to battle decently hard AI and needs to qualify well to win a race.

Adam.Freeman
20-05-2015, 14:02
The AI for me seem slower in qualifying than they do in practise or the race???

usually by a second or so. I have to make the AI faster in qualy for them to be competitive before putting it back down for the race

CrazyEddieNL
30-05-2015, 15:22
It also happend with me when accelerating the time.

caslad81
31-05-2015, 14:55
The AI for me seem slower in qualifying than they do in practise or the race???

usually by a second or so. I have to make the AI faster in qualy for them to be competitive before putting it back down for the race
Same on PS4

xxBENxx
31-05-2015, 15:02
A tip on qualifying.

get out of the Pits as soon as possible, Also keep in mind that all the AI will take the fast line so you'll have to take them on the outside of most bends.

LextersQuest
13-06-2015, 13:18
Just started championship with the Catherham SP/300R.
And in 30 min practice session nr 1 was 36sec faster than second spot. I did not speed up time or simulate.

Mayby im not fast enough ( for sure) to qualify in front on 100% but 36sec that absolutly impossible.
Dont think i saw this in patchnotes for 1.4;(

Ixoye56
13-06-2015, 17:38
Yes, it's a know Issue that Skip to the End, can lead to very fast AI Times..

The Dev's are looking into it...

Codemasters F1 games have the same problem so I wonder if it is possible to fix this bug.

WRA NotSo
13-06-2015, 18:42
Apparently people where using this to there advantage by simulating there laps with the ai in online race weekends as well which some people where claiming to be better drivers because there lap times where like 8 seconds faster than everybody elses, later to be hot patcged i guess. But there is still a glitch going on with the gear tuning that is giving a few guys a huge advantage and they are not talking about it. This has caused a bit of drama and i think it may be the reason why we recently list one of outlr top drivers. Please make sure people cant cheat as we believe it is allready happening. Forza had people running glitch tunes that where impossible to beat and it pretty much ruined that game for alot of us who play fair

drjwizzle420
03-04-2016, 16:30
ive never really done solo racing until this week, but ive noticed i will have times that are the same as all the ai, and then when i decide to return to the pit box all the ai times suddenly become like 10-15 seconds faster a lap.. how do you qualify good with this happening.. and i have tried the ai difficulty all the way down to 50 and this is still happening

drjwizzle420
03-04-2016, 16:33
i dont feel like this has been fixed

Sankyo
03-04-2016, 18:49
ive never really done solo racing until this week, but ive noticed i will have times that are the same as all the ai, and then when i decide to return to the pit box all the ai times suddenly become like 10-15 seconds faster a lap.. how do you qualify good with this happening.. and i have tried the ai difficulty all the way down to 50 and this is still happening
Can you provide steps how to reproduce the issue, or a video showing the issue?