PDA

View Full Version : playing online...

mouthinho
14-05-2015, 20:17
at the moment is more like driving a bumper car than an actual racing sim. i'm missing some sort of info box that i can put in some information in (CLEAN RACING!) when i create a session. so the bumper car fans can have their sessions and the clean racing fans can have theirs.

gwr3850
14-05-2015, 20:30
Someone created a group some where in the multiplayer sub forum dedicated to clean racing

Jeckert7
14-05-2015, 20:47
Unfortunately this is the sad truth about every game online. It's so frustrating that it has made me put away games forever so I'm holding off playing this game online for awhile...just don't want to see me start hating it because of no reason controlled directly by the game itself. Worst part is that it will never change, there will always be a bunch of morons out there just trying to ruin everyone else's experience for no reason.

JB5
14-05-2015, 20:51
If your super clean and fast check out vroom.org

Sign up to the site, sign up to a RACE NOW event and get into the forum and introduce yourself, say JB sent you and your from the PCARS forum.

FoxMulder
14-05-2015, 20:57
Sometimes you just can't drive 100% clean in the heat of a race. When you're chasing someone sometimes you just slightly miss your breaking point or you don't notice the guy right next to you because there's no spotter or visual aid telling you and then bumping into eachother is the result. It's unfortunate when you spin out because of that I agree. Of course I'm not talking about people who just ram into everyone to ruin their race, that's just stupid.

dvc
14-05-2015, 22:29
Unfortunately this is the sad truth about every game online. It's so frustrating that it has made me put away games forever so I'm holding off playing this game online for awhile...just don't want to see me start hating it because of no reason controlled directly by the game itself. Worst part is that it will never change, there will always be a bunch of morons out there just trying to ruin everyone else's experience for no reason.

iRacing is the solution. If pCARS implemented iRacing like drier rating or crating races based on ratings and similar penalty system Project CARS would be the best online racing sim ever created.
Now its "only" the best single player racing sim ever created. Hope it will change very soon :)

mouthinho
14-05-2015, 22:32
absolutely. as in real life, sometimes a crash in inevitable. but you usually you try to avoid a crash by any means. if you see that someone's got you, you let him pass to not ram into him. unfortunatelly, that does not apply to pcars online.

dvc
14-05-2015, 22:34
absolutely. as in real life, sometimes a crash in inevitable. but you usually you try to avoid a crash by any means. if you see that someone's got you, you let him pass to not ram into him. unfortunatelly, that does not apply to pcars online.

like in one of my races

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJuqQwxE1jI

FoxMulder
14-05-2015, 23:30
@dvc LOL HA GOT EEM.

Seriously tho, that's just terrible.

Jeckert7
14-05-2015, 23:45
like in one of my races

Dude, that's just ridiculous! If there were only some way to get people like that banned from online races...

dvc
14-05-2015, 23:46
..or this one (Watkins Glen curse? :D )

Same thing two laps in a row. Then he got bored and disconnected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho8kzosxBDk

McKiernan
15-05-2015, 00:56
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I keep seeing threads about how bad online races are on PCars, but I haven't had a bad race yet. Once a couple of days ago a random that I was racing with accidentally pushed me off track, but then slowed down, pulled aside and waited for me to retake the position. The other races I had were fine to, sometimes with just friends so that is expected but often with friends and randoms joining.

Luck o' the Irish I guess.

dvc
15-05-2015, 01:08
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I keep seeing threads about how bad online races are on PCars, but I haven't had a bad race yet. Once a couple of days ago a random that I was racing with accidentally pushed me off track, but then slowed down, pulled aside and waited for me to retake the position. The other races I had were fine to, sometimes with just friends so that is expected but often with friends and randoms joining.

Luck o' the Irish I guess.

You must be luckiest guy in this world, or massive joker :D
For me every single race starts with huge wreck fest with 50/50 chance of being hit by someone. then theres always at least one who will do something like in those videos.
Even starting on pole doesnt guarantee you clean start. often someone jumpstart to get ahead.

ZiggyUK
15-05-2015, 01:13
@dvc - maybe turned on opponent names so you know and can warns your mates about specific griefers

dvc
15-05-2015, 01:40
@dvc - maybe turned on opponent names so you know and can warns your mates about specific griefers

@ZiggyUK Those were replays :) I race from "inside" and btw no time to write down names in the heat of the race ;)

Barred
15-05-2015, 01:47
like in one of my races

Doc I had a similar thing happen the other day in the same cars. The guy that took my McLaren out backed up and rammed me another 5 times whilst I was trying to get off the Armco. Damage done he then quit.

I bought pCars to get some decent, clean racing, though I am not the fastest driver I do try to be a clean one.

dvc
15-05-2015, 03:36
Doc I had a similar thing happen the other day in the same cars. The guy that took my McLaren out backed up and rammed me another 5 times whilst I was trying to get off the Armco. Damage done he then quit.

I bought pCars to get some decent, clean racing, though I am not the fastest driver I do try to be a clean one.

For now the only way to have clean racing is to race with people you know... or AI

Gejabo
15-05-2015, 05:44
That's why I race only with friends.
Maybe in a few weeks when the kids are bored with it I'll go and joine a public lobby.
But right now I stay clear of them.

TenthDan
15-05-2015, 06:20
For now the only way to have clean racing is to race with people you know... or AI

Pretty much. It's happened time and time again that online racing just can't guarantee cleanliness. Even putting 'clean racers only' in lobby titles won't stop jerks entering and wrecking people.

The best way is to note the good racers you do find yourself against and join leagues, chat encouraging groups etc. While initially frustrating, you'll end up with a good bunch of people to race with.

There are plenty of forums and communities around (including here) looking to set up clean leagues and comps/series etc.

rocafella1978
18-05-2015, 13:09
strange website...http://www.vroom.org/ ??????