PDA

View Full Version : [OPERATIONAL] Active Aero not working?

TheStigsCanadianCousin
14-05-2015, 20:20
Hi I just got Project Cars (PS4) yesterday and noticed that the active aero on the McLaren P1 doesn't seem to be doing anything.. If I go slow, extremely fast (I'm talking mulsanne straight), or do any sort of braking, it doesn't change a thing.. I realize this is mostly aesthetic, but is it supposed to be doing anything? Perhaps it's not done yet and it will come in a later patch. Is it working on other cars? I'll have to try more tonight.

Siberian Tiger
14-05-2015, 20:21
Our P1 is constantly in Race Mode, so the Wing does only move to help braking if i'm correct.

Casey Ringley
14-05-2015, 21:45
The P1 wing trims out at high speed to limit downforce load to around 600kgf. If you watch it closely, you will see its angle of attack become shallower when above 150mph. It also flattens out completely when using the DRS button.

Umer Ahmad
14-05-2015, 21:48
Casey, i caught the AI wings doing this too at Seca. It was pretty cool when i was chasing them closely in the Gumpert

TheStigsCanadianCousin
14-05-2015, 22:10
The P1 wing trims out at high speed to limit downforce load to around 600kgf. If you watch it closely, you will see its angle of attack become shallower when above 150mph. It also flattens out completely when using the DRS button.

Ok thanks, I'll definitely look a little closer tonight. Maybe it was just a little too subtle for me to notice when driving at that speed haha (gotta watch the road ahead after all :P).

yusupov
14-05-2015, 22:12
it is hard to notice, in fact based on the huayra im not sure it even shows up on replays.