PDA

View Full Version : Restrict Pro Settings in Amateur/Novice Lobbies

Ramshackle
14-05-2015, 21:01
I've been having a great time racing online since this game came out and doing pretty well. But I've suddenly hit a huge stumbling block... more and more lobby hosts are turning assists off. Now, not only do I play with a control pad (which I'm perfectly happy with until I get a wheel), but I also play "oldschool" - X to accelerate and square to brake. I've found that this is a really bad thing when people turn off ABS and traction control in Project Cars. I can cope without traction control, but I really need that ABS.

So, the point of this thread - the past two nights I seem to have spent more time looking for races than actually taking part in them... to the point where it was all starting to feel a bit Gran Turismo (I dare not think how much time I wasted looking for a good lobby in GT5/6). Most of the lobbies I entered had T/C and ABS turned off. Thought I'd try using the filter to novice/amateur lobbies, but same thing again, T/C and ABS turned off in half the lobbies.

How about restricting the turning off of driver aids in novice and amateur lobbies? Would make it so much easier for a lot of us controler and oldschool players to find races. Or even better, add a filter for driver aids on/off. I don't really want to be stuck in novice lobbies. As long as T/C and ABS are on, I can compete in any lobby.

Ramshackle
14-05-2015, 21:14
Oh, and anyone who feels the need to call me a "noob" for needing assists will be issued with a challenge to race... so long as I can use T/C and ABS lol

Shepard2603
15-05-2015, 06:23
You could set up your own lobby and set the rules you like, just saying. I also don't understand why people do this, maybe some sort of "feeling of superiority". I myselt think, if the real car has it, I want to use it.

Toolboy77
15-05-2015, 10:40
Oh, and anyone who feels the need to call me a "noob" for needing assists will be issued with a challenge to race... so long as I can use T/C and ABS lol

This is perfeectly acceptable in my opinion, I race GT3 class almost exclusively and these cars in real life AFAIK have T/C & ABS as standard, therefore I leave these assists enabled!

Ramshackle
15-05-2015, 17:01
You could set up your own lobby and set the rules you like, just saying. I also don't understand why people do this, maybe some sort of "feeling of superiority". I myselt think, if the real car has it, I want to use it.

This works when I know I'll be playing for a while, but not so great if I just want to jump into a few races for an hour or so. I have to say though, (and this isn't particularly aimed at you Swift) when people bring up little issues with the game, a lot of WMD members seem to offer a way to work around the problem rather than say "yes, this needs fixing" or "yes, this will be fixed". I saw yet another person complaining about not being able to see how they compare with friends on the leaderboards, and one of the suggestions was to just scroll through the lists. Now, I'd estimate there to be around 20,000 players on each leaderboard. Can you imagine scrolling through 20,000 players to find your buddies? Crazy. And there's still no word on if/when that issue will be fixed.

I'm absolutely loving this PCars, but there are a bunch of small technical issues that really need ironing out and would make an already fantastic game even better. Reading the posts from WMD members, I can't help but be a little concerned that the "ironing out" and fixing what they can won't be happening.

Pigmachine
15-05-2015, 17:29
If it's put on 'Real' instead of 'Off' doesn't that lock it to work as it should? Will it give the correct assists to the cars that have them!? I only played with 'Real' and my wheel, but it seems like it works as intended.
Not any help for the thread-starter at all, more of a question in a question..
I will never play with anyone that uses assists that should not be available on a car, so I agree with 'open your own lobby'!

Ramshackle
15-05-2015, 18:31
If it's put on 'Real' instead of 'Off' doesn't that lock it to work as it should? Will it give the correct assists to the cars that have them!? I only played with 'Real' and my wheel, but it seems like it works as intended.
Not any help for the thread-starter at all, more of a question in a question..
I will never play with anyone that uses assists that should not be available on a car, so I agree with 'open your own lobby'!

But my point is you can search for online lobbies by difficulty - novice/amateur/pro. The game even requires you to pick one of those options on first play.

Novice: "novice handling mode with auto gearing and all assists/guides"
Amateur: "intermediate handling and some helpfull driving assists"
Pro: "Sets handling mode to pro with no driving assists"

So, wouldn't it make sense to actually apply the correct settings to the novice/amateur/pro lobbies? Otherwise the mutiplayer difficulty system is completely and utterly pointless. Don't you think it'll put new players off when they want to warm into multiplayer by racing in the lower difficulty lobbies, only to find that most of the races are on pro settings? I don't really know how you can defend this with "open your own lobby then". Seems obvious to me that those rules set by the devs should be implemented into multiplayer... especially when the option is there in multiplayer to filter races by difficulty.

I think people should be free to set up races however they like in pro mode. But the novice and amatuer lobbies should definitely restrict the turning off of basic driver aids like T/C and ABS.

Pigmachine
16-05-2015, 23:47
Isn't that what real do for the game? Grant the real assists? I'm pretty new to this game, and haven't played it online, since my mates have AMD cards and it's unplayable for them!

SIR_Driftalot
17-05-2015, 08:01

I don't think its a 'superiority' thing, personally I think the game comes alive with using manual and no assists, I also find my 'no assist' times a little faster on certain tracks as I can 'hustle' the car a little more.
I also set forced manual/real life assists when I create lobbies, as I feel it kinda sorts the greifers from the racers pretty quickly. I feel sorry for guys like the OP without the peripherals to separate himself from the greifers, as they prefer a no damage, all assists automatic gearbox experience.