PDA

View Full Version : Vote to Have Driving Wheel Sub Forum

Rockefelluh
14-05-2015, 21:20
I love the enthusiasm for getting a wheel and people asking questions and all. But there are too many threads started that repeat information over and over. I think it'd be good to have one section devoted to this. Anyone else agree?

Dynomight Motorsports
14-05-2015, 22:19
I agree.. there are only about 4 wheels available for XB1. Should be easy to get everyone on the same page.

Projectmanager
14-05-2015, 22:22
I agree too,

MillsLayne
14-05-2015, 22:33
I agree, as well. And I started one of the pages. haha

David Slute
14-05-2015, 22:43
I agree

ashasha
14-05-2015, 22:55
If they'd at least acknowledge whether the FFB was broken or we were just doing it wrong the number of threads would probably decrease. Instead you've got probably thousands of people trying to figure out what the hell is going on and I for one have read every thread, tried every trick and would like to know if this is just how it is, if there is some secret to making it work right or if they are going to fix it.

Instead it's just a very one sided conversation and it's frustrating as hell.

turbohondaej1
14-05-2015, 22:57
I believe they need a few sub forums xbox one related

Dynomight Motorsports
14-05-2015, 23:05
If they'd at least acknowledge whether the FFB was broken or we were just doing it wrong the number of threads would probably decrease. Instead you've got probably thousands of people trying to figure out what the hell is going on and I for one have read every thread, tried every trick and would like to know if this is just how it is, if there is some secret to making it work right or if they are going to fix it.

Instead it's just a very one sided conversation and it's frustrating as hell.

I hear ya! I'm hoping its a issue porting the game over to XB1. PS4 and PC seem to have much greater FFB I've heard. So hopefully its an issue that the Dev's are aware of and will be patching it soon. I for one would like to get some kind of Clarification from the Dev's what all the adjustments mean exactly. I don't have a degree in physics or coding so I'm a little lost with the whole Axis settings for Force Feedback. Perhaps they have an optimal setting, being they are the ones that coded this game. I prefer a good amount of FFB.
BTW, Are you the same Ashasha that posted the Brake Mod for the TX???

ashasha
15-05-2015, 00:51
Yep, that's me. I didn't realize so many people knew about that mod. You're the third person to ask that the last few days. :)

Rockefelluh
15-05-2015, 00:53
It's the wheel setup questions that take up the forum page and also people looking for advice on buying wheels.

I just saw a thread that someone is selling their wheel setup! On the Xbox Project Cars page! What the heck, this isn't classifieds!

stux
15-05-2015, 03:06
I suspect, if the FFB worked right, you wouldn't need a sub forum, you'd need single thread.

With perhaps some tips for the TWO wheels and some links to one or two PC guides

Conspiracy: if the devs admit a problem it means they're admitting the xbox version was not tested in game on either a controller OR wheel. Ie it just wasn't tested, which would certainly explain stuff.

SMS: "Yep, it compiled and passed the unit tests, the menus navigate, the game seems to play, ship it to bandai."
Bandai: "the menus navigate, the game seems to play, ship it to MS"
MS: "the menus navigate, the game seems to play, all traffic is encrypted, publish"

thisisbleep
15-05-2015, 03:12
I suspect, if the FFB worked right, you wouldn't need a sub forum, you'd need single thread.

With perhaps some tips for the TWO wheels and some links to one or two PC guides

Conspiracy: if the devs admit a problem it means they're admitting the xbox version was not tested in game on either a controller OR wheel. Ie it just wasn't tested, which would certainly explain stuff.

SMS: "Yep, it compiled and passed the unit tests, the menus navigate, the game seems to play, ship it to bandai."
Bandai: "the menus navigate, the game seems to play, ship it to MS"
MS: "the menus navigate, the game seems to play, all traffic is encrypted, publish"

It is the same issue with all testing, they have a limited time and number of consoles/setups etc. that can test. The bugs that we are seeing now were not identified during the testing.

There are people who have the FFB working on their wheel how they like it, so a blanket statement which says the FFB for all wheels are broken is not correct. There is most likely an underlying cause, which is why only some people are affected.

HEF51
15-05-2015, 06:00
There are people who have the FFB working on their wheel how they like it, so a blanket statement which says the FFB for all wheels are broken is not correct. There is most likely an underlying cause, which is why only some people are affected.

Please show me these people. So far I've seen ONE person say that have full FFB. And that's even if they know what real FFB should feel like (aka not Forza 5). I know 12+ wheel users on X1 and all of us have the same FFB not to mention countless others here on this forum.

Hawker Fury
15-05-2015, 06:41
Please show me these people. So far I've seen ONE person say that have full FFB. And that's even if they know what real FFB should feel like (aka not Forza 5). I know 12+ wheel users on X1 and all of us have the same FFB not to mention countless others here on this forum.

And three are numerous users on here who have the game on multiple formats who know how it feels on PC and then say it feels completely disconnected on XB1. Sadly I'm not one of them, but I think I can tell if a wheel should be lighter in my hands when in the game there is total loss of front end grip!

scgor
15-05-2015, 07:05
I agree, I also would be happy to do some testing with the TX wheel. I have found for me anyway a workaround which is okay, by means of manipulating the in game calibration to set what I think is the best steering lock. Maybe a few of us could test some work around....

Durand1981
15-05-2015, 09:41

I would just like to say i have the Thrustmaster TX 458, and while i note the FFB for some CARS is weak, for the most i get exactly what it should be like...

The most noticeable are the more high performance cars that stick like glue at high speeds on sweeps etc, i can let go of the wheel after turning and it will reel back to center as would expect if the wheel is aligned propperly.
Depending on what you are doing even in a real car your wheel will return for the most part to center, how ever if your in the clio cup i noticed a huge difference in turning circle and the FFB is weak very weak.
So i aknowledge an issue but i dont think its with the wheels themselves, i would assume partial coding error partial owner set up not understanding the config etc.

UPDATE

With that said can someone confirm is the Clio Cup car a FWD if so it would explain the turning issue and need for breaking to get round under higher speeds plus the larger turning circle.

But does not explain the weak FFB i figured you would feel it more due to FWD turning and power to the wheels.

Blackvault
15-05-2015, 09:44
I love the enthusiasm for getting a wheel and people asking questions and all. But there are too many threads started that repeat information over and over. I think it'd be good to have one section devoted to this. Anyone else agree?

At the moment you can imagine we are trying to get the initial questions out of the way after release. There have been a number of requests made to us moderators regarding sub forums and so far they've all reject for the mean time. Even my own possible suggestion. The reason for this is that we as a mod team don't want to spread ourselves too thing and miss an issue because it is buried in a sub forum. That doesn't mean to say the sub forums will never come but they will be fleshed out a bit more in due course but at the moment we are trying to keep the forum small to manage it.

So in short, not yet but in the future maybe.

Hope that helps.

Pete

Raven403
15-05-2015, 11:10
I would just like to say i have the Thrustmaster TX 458, and while i note the FFB for some CARS is weak, for the most i get exactly what it should be like...

The most noticeable are the more high performance cars that stick like glue at high speeds on sweeps etc, i can let go of the wheel after turning and it will reel back to center as would expect if the wheel is aligned propperly.
Depending on what you are doing even in a real car your wheel will return for the most part to center, how ever if your in the clio cup i noticed a huge difference in turning circle and the FFB is weak very weak.
So i aknowledge an issue but i dont think its with the wheels themselves, i would assume partial coding error partial owner set up not understanding the config etc.

UPDATE

With that said can someone confirm is the Clio Cup car a FWD if so it would explain the turning issue and need for breaking to get round under higher speeds plus the larger turning circle.

But does not explain the weak FFB i figured you would feel it more due to FWD turning and power to the wheels.

Can I ask what you are basing your conclusion that you get "exactly what it should be like" on. Too many people have said this and there are two possibilities for this, You actually DO have good FFB or dont really know or have anything to compare it to besides Forza 5. So if you wouldnt mind qualifing your results I and some others would appreciate it. Im not trying to sound like a pompous ass but this has been said alot and it would help greatly to know if some people DO have real FFB (like it is on PC) or for lack of a better term just dont know any better. Thanks!

Also I am one of those people who have Pcars on PC and Xbox and can tell you that, out of the box, immediately after Calibration on PC, the FFB is strong, responsive and detailed, and that is simply not the case on X1.

Raven403
15-05-2015, 11:33
At the moment you can imagine we are trying to get the initial questions out of the way after release. There have been a number of requests made to us moderators regarding sub forums and so far they've all reject for the mean time. Even my own possible suggestion. The reason for this is that we as a mod team don't want to spread ourselves too thing and miss an issue because it is buried in a sub forum. That doesn't mean to say the sub forums will never come but they will be fleshed out a bit more in due course but at the moment we are trying to keep the forum small to manage it.

So in short, not yet but in the future maybe.

Hope that helps.

Pete

In response to the original question, I dont think its necassary to have a sub on this. In another FFb thread it was acknowledged by the Devs and that they are looking into it, So I think we can all just breathe, live with our current settings and wait for the news from Devs. link here ---> http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24131-Thrustmaster-TX-Default-FFB-is-Non-Existent-Compared-to-PC-PS4-(Check-Post-1)
Thats what Ill be doing, enjoying the game, its Project Cars after all not Project FFB im done playing with it now im just gonna play.

Rockefelluh
15-05-2015, 18:14
In response to the original question, I dont think its necassary to have a sub on this. In another FFb thread it was acknowledged by the Devs and that they are looking into it, So I think we can all just breathe, live with our current settings and wait for the news from Devs. link here ---> http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24131-Thrustmaster-TX-Default-FFB-is-Non-Existent-Compared-to-PC-PS4-(Check-Post-1)
Thats what Ill be doing, enjoying the game, its Project Cars after all not Project FFB im done playing with it now im just gonna play.

This thread doesn't discuss the FFB problems. It includes the umbrella topic that are wheels. People are posting asking if they should get this wheel or that wheel, should i pay extra for this wheel? etc. Those topics aren't very particular to Project Cars and are taking up front page space on the forums for people who have real Project Cars questions.

Raven403
15-05-2015, 18:20
This thread doesn't discuss the FFB problems. It includes the umbrella topic that are wheels. People are posting asking if they should get this wheel or that wheel, should i pay extra for this wheel? etc. Those topics aren't very particular to Project Cars and are taking up front page space on the forums for people who have real Project Cars questions.

Gotcha, Got it

Ch1ps N Queso
15-05-2015, 19:01
Don't need dedicated wheel sub.