PDA

View Full Version : Graphics rival driveclub!

spartanmike1978
14-05-2015, 22:09
Been playing project cars and driveclub back to back, and gotta say project cars takes the crown! I'm really impressed, better lighting, the spectral rays are awesome! Better aliasing for sure, driveclub has a lot of pixel crawl, better sounds, and to me the foliage looks better as wel. Great job SMS!! Can only imagine project cars 2!

bent_toe
14-05-2015, 22:42
Driveclub is an arcade racer made exklusive to PS4.
Project cars is not, it plays in a whole different leauge.

Hengist
14-05-2015, 22:49
I totally agree with your post about GRAPHICS.

jason
14-05-2015, 23:16
Yep I am with you also , project cars is king when it comes to the graphics ... Much sharper looking to me . (yes I do have drive club :P)

Patrik Marek
14-05-2015, 23:21
as much as it hurts to say, I disagree :)

imo drive club looks better, maybe not in every aspect they their rain is super impressive. Aslo the car shaders have certain things that pCARS don't such as the "bump/flakes" in the paint, etc.

but it's very different game, so they had done different choices about it,
it's also 30fps locked, giving them 2x render power

but you can find great screenshots of both, and probably also somewhat weaker ones too.

in general they both look great and pushed the bar a lot,
can't wait what GT7 will have to say to that - which for me was always the most realistic looking game ( in the sense of lighting/colors etc.)

Moose_Cdn
14-05-2015, 23:27
Honestly I prefer the rain effects on DriveClub and it drives better with the PS4 controller as well. The screenshots feature for DC is also much better.

JessicaWalter
14-05-2015, 23:46
i have both and was gonna throw driveclub in last night and see how they compare visually...but i don't really want to waste time with silly things like that when i could put that time into tuning and testing in pcars. i can't put this game down. i own both games digitally, too, so it's not even me not feeling like switching discs. i bought driveclub because pcars was delayed and it had me to eager to race. i figured it would be good to have when friends want to play a car "game" and don't want to be bothered with complex controls and a punishing learning curve. im happy with both purchases and the weather in driveclub looks great, but pcars leaves nothing to be desired and hits depths we've never been close to on console. it's a dream game.