PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] What is Field of View Speed Sensitivity

SergioCosmopolis
15-05-2015, 00:12
Does anyone know what this adjusts and what adjusting it changes?

dvc
15-05-2015, 01:41
It widens your field of view in high speeds.

Umer Ahmad
15-05-2015, 01:57
Yes, when u go fast (u can set the speed) you can automatically widen the camera (you can also set this angle)

Also this effect can be reversed i believe.

Racer4711
15-05-2015, 09:28
I didn't get it... can you or someone else please try to explain it again or in other words?

Looks like this is an interesting and helpful option...

andyscott
15-05-2015, 10:21
Check out - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_of_view

You can control how the FOV changes with speed.

Edit : Or this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_of_view_in_video_games

angelfood
15-05-2015, 10:31
Here's how it works:

http://youtu.be/WaWEjU4D2uo

Racer4711
15-05-2015, 12:15
Here's how it works:

http://youtu.be/WaWEjU4D2uo

great video, thanks a million...

Really shows, how it works and what the sliders are for.

One the other hand it's really a shame, that such a great piece of software with all of these nice configuration options leaves you complete alone and without any helpful information...

SnakeEyesX80
16-05-2015, 13:18
Thanks angelfood for posting that video, helps explain what it does.

MaXKiLLz
16-05-2015, 14:03
It's like buying a piece of furniture that requires assembly, has several bags of nuts, bolts, washers, screws, brackets and doesn't come with instructions.

BSDShoes
16-05-2015, 14:32
Kind of makes it easier to focus on the road far ahead when you're going 200mph. Not a bad idea on large TV's, but I don't like the idea of it on my 24" PC monitor.

Quatzu
13-10-2015, 14:40
Which cameras do the Field of View Sensitivity settings apply to? I think FOV Sensitivity doesn't seem to affect Helmet Cam at all. Am I correct? (I guess that makes sense, because how could the driver's eyes change depth of field?)

Borez
13-10-2015, 21:24
Why would you actually want this, I mean, in a real world car you're held fast by the racing harness?

Udd-
13-10-2015, 22:58
It's pretty bad for hitting the corners. Looks cool but feels a bit offputting to me

Schnizz58
13-10-2015, 23:17
Why would you actually want this, I mean, in a real world car you're held fast by the racing harness?
I'm not sure what the racing harness has to do with anything. This is about field of view. However I sort of agree with you, why would you want it? I guess the idea is to try to replicate the "tunnel vision" effect when you're going really fast but I'm not so sure that's a good thing.

It's pretty bad for hitting the corners. Looks cool but feels a bit offputting to me
I could see that. I feel the same way about Look to Apex.

Umer Ahmad
14-10-2015, 00:52
Yes this exactly why some people want it. The camera kind of zooms in when going faster and widens as they brake for the corner.

Udd-
14-10-2015, 08:44
Yes this exactly why some people want it. The camera kind of zooms in when going faster and widens as they brake for the corner.

Itīs like hitting a moving target instead of one that stands still. But I guess everyone has personal preferences and thatīs what awesome with this game. I used in in the start but it didnīt help me at all.

redruMKO
21-10-2015, 15:31
Itīs like hitting a moving target instead of one that stands still. But I guess everyone has personal preferences and thatīs what awesome with this game. I used in in the start but it didnīt help me at all.

Thats spot-on for the look-to-apex stuff, but for me the speed-sensi camera adds an extra output of information, like force-feedback does. Its directly linked to your speed, not some weird apex-aiming algorithm. So now that I have used it for a while I can accurately judge my speed just by looking at the screen. I also have it set over a big range, not like in the video, so you dont see such extreme movement.

..the ability to judge speed still works in other games, but this one is the first I have been able to setup reversed, as the guy did in Test2 on the youtube video. ie A big wide view for going round super tight slow hairpins in traffic [monaco], and zoomed in a lot at high speed when you are trying to look a long way ahead [antoniusbuche].

I have all cameras at 80, and SpeedSensi 125, 75, 14mph, 155mph