PDA

View Full Version : Strange crash/damage physic's

cossie29
15-05-2015, 01:51
Hi, Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the strange way that the game handles cars rubbing or being tapped. for example i was racing with a bmw z4, guy cuts across me and takes me off track with him as if we are stuck together like magnets. was not a hard hit wasbasically a poor overtake, but this seems to happen a lot like the cars are magnetic. not very realistic!
anyone else experienced this?

dvc
15-05-2015, 03:44
How do you know its not very realistic?

Bubbs
15-05-2015, 09:01
Have a look at Matt Neal vs Jason Plato on YouTube :) At speed, it doesn't take a huge hit to send you flying.

cossie29
15-05-2015, 14:33
its not sending me flying, the cars seem to glue together then run off track together, doesnt matter if you brake and turn or full throttle,

cossie29
15-05-2015, 14:35
How do you know its not very realistic?
As i have seen enough racing accidents and been in.a.few real crashes on the road (unfortunattly lol) to know the physics just did not seem right.

cossie29
16-05-2015, 02:17
Happened yet again tonight racing at spa, last corner before start finish straight, im taking corner well, other driver comes up the inside, taps me at about 15mph and we basically stick together like glue and go off into barriers even though i am turning away and braking. The crash physics are terrible.

tmitch45
16-05-2015, 07:13
I know exactally what you mean I've done a lot of online pCARS and when you make contact with another car no matter how hard or side to side or front of your car and the back of the car in front you stick together. An other example is I was sis by side going into a corner with me having the inside and the guy turns in on me we make contact and then both head off to the outside of the track with me being unable to steer around the corner. I'm pretty sure this is some kind of bug as it isn't realistic at all. Rubbing is racing as they say but it saams and minor contact and your car attaches to the other car and you both head off track!

TheGamingGuy369
16-05-2015, 08:36
I've had this happen to me a couple of times. It seems to happen to me more when driving karts though. It's weird, and I hope it gets fixed soon.:)

cossie29
16-05-2015, 12:20
Thanks guys im glad others have experienced this as it is ruining the game for me, and NO i am not a crasher but sometimes there is contact where by it is you or computer.
And when i posted this thenother day i got an arsey comment from dvc! so hope it gets fixed soon.

tmitch45
16-05-2015, 13:07
Thanks guys im glad others have experienced this as it is ruining the game for me, and NO i am not a crasher but sometimes there is contact where by it is you or computer.
And when i posted this thenother day i got an arsey comment from dvc! so hope it gets fixed soon.

Regardless of you being the cleanest driver or not contact happens even between the most careful of drivers. What we need fixing is this should not mean both cars become stuck together and go off track.

cossie29
16-05-2015, 16:26
Regardless of you being the cleanest driver or not contact happens even between the most careful of drivers. What we need fixing is this should not mean both cars become stuck together and go off track.

Exactly tmitch45! really is a pita they way it handles.