PDA

View Full Version : Telemetry HUD questions

donpost
15-05-2015, 09:14
Just wondering if anyone knew for sure what the suspension bits on the telemetry HUD mean:

http://i59.tinypic.com/357opix.png

What does the little red block that appears at the top of the scale mean? (Red arrow)

What does the white indicator tell you? (Blue arrow)

If travel is at 2.1cm and bumpstop is at 1cm does that mean there is 1.1cm of travel left before the bumpstop or 2.1cm?

Does the bumpstop value get smaller if you compress the spring enough to cause the bumpstop to compress too?

Thanks!

Siberian Tiger
15-05-2015, 09:19
If the White Triangle reaches the Red Indicator, then your Suspension is hammering against the Bumpstop.
Afaik you have 2.1 cm Travel an the Bumstop is set at 1cm.

Fot the Question with Compression of the Bumpstop i don't know. <- Maybe on of the Setup Gurus is able to help...

danowat
15-05-2015, 09:27
Just wondering if anyone knew for sure what the suspension bits on the telemetry HUD mean:

http://i59.tinypic.com/357opix.png

What does the little red block that appears at the top of the scale mean? (Red arrow)

What does the white indicator tell you? (Blue arrow)

If travel is at 2.1cm and bumpstop is at 1cm does that mean there is 1.1cm of travel left before the bumpstop or 2.1cm?

Does the bumpstop value get smaller if you compress the spring enough to cause the bumpstop to compress too?

Thanks!

Interesting question, would depend if the bumpstops are compressable or not, and if that is modeled, would be easy to test though, just drop your ride height and increase the bump stops and record some telemetry.

donpost
15-05-2015, 19:44
Decided to find out for myself. If you increase the size of the bumpstop your ride height stays the same but spring travel decreases - so spring travel is the amount of travel before it hits the bump stop.

As far as I could tell testing a Ginetta G55 GT4 car at Brands Hatch Indy, the bump stops do not compress in the telemetry.

As for what the little red bar that appears occasionally means.... I'm FAIRLY sure it means you've run out of suspension travel. I did a test where I softened the springs as far as they go, and brought the dampers down a bit too, and drove the car around the track with 0mm bump stops. The red bar appeared in the bumpy sections on the FL wheel. I paid attention to how often it was appearing per lap roughly. I then went back to the pits and changed just the bumpstops to 30mm all round. This cuts into the suspension travel by 30mm so theoretically I should have seen the red bar appear more often than before. But when I went out on track there wasn't any noticeable difference in how many times it appeared. So I'm still not 100% sure it means you've run out of travel, but I think that's what it means.

As for the white arrow - it moves with your suspension but it seems like it moves so little to be pointless. Even when I was running no bump stops and all soft settings it went no-where near the top of the scale.

Jimbo Jones
15-05-2015, 20:00
Can anyone clarify what the numbers under the tyres represent?

donpost
15-05-2015, 20:08
Can anyone clarify what the numbers under the tyres represent?

It is the percentage of grip available at that tyre currently being used. If it goes to 0 it means your tyre has lifted from the road (watch the rears next time you drive the Clio!).

rogerrubberM
10-08-2016, 06:01
Does anybody know what the three numbers (83 left, 83 lower middle & 85 right) above the tyre represent?

Bealdor
10-08-2016, 06:28
Inside, middle and outside temperature.

Ravellron
10-08-2016, 09:17
Inside, middle and outside temperature.

wait, to not create inconvenience your values are inverted right? outside, middle and inside temperature, cuz that is a left front tire.

Bealdor
10-08-2016, 09:21
wait, to not create inconvenience your values are inverted right? outside, middle and inside temperature, cuz that is a left front tire.

Correct.

Rambo_Commando
11-08-2016, 05:54
I think the red bar that shows when the suspension bottoms out is bugged. I've only seen it go red on the front left on many tracks. Even if you have the right suspension set up, the front left still shows the red bar.

Roger Prynne
11-08-2016, 09:51
^ Yeah it's always been bugged like that.