PDA

View Full Version : Any update on timing of patch release?

Hubcap
15-05-2015, 10:27
Just wondering if there's any further update on the timing of the XB1 patch?

I know that all the stops have been pulled out to progress this asap. However, great as it looks, I'm not having any joy with the game at present (despite various attempts at changing the config most laps end with a steering lock-up / lap-time nullified) and I can't afford a wheel right now :(

Siberian Tiger
15-05-2015, 10:28
Yes, the Patch is in Microsofts Hands... So there is nothing more for us and SMS than wait...

It need to go trough the Certification Process... This will take some time... (Hopefully not much)

ItchyBear
15-05-2015, 12:24
Based on SMS feedback in the update threads, NAMCO should have passed the patch to Microsoft by now. Microsoft validation process is as long as a piece of string and depends I guess on how much they have in the pipeline and how much grief their having to field :rolleyes: we'll call that 'prioritisation' :)

Personally, having been in touch with MS myself, it wouldn't surprise me if they drag their feet. With Forza 6 around the corner I guess they won't be in any great hurry to release "game breaking" patches for competitive 3rd party titles (purely my own speculation). We should give SMS a break here, it's out of their hands and they worked very fast to fix and release this patch for us :cool:

If the sun-gods are shining down we could see a patch release today/tomorrow, if things have gone smoothly & as we were warned I guess it's more likely Mon/Tue and if we're being 'managed' then we might see it towards the middle of next week, even by Friday (typical release day for content).

Hope this helps, it's no conciliation, I know, but hey? maybe SMS can come up with a little Xbox gift for our extended-patience and restrained loyalty :barbershop_quartet_

..gently rattles finger tips on a shiny hard surface :bi_polo:

D1rty Duck UK
15-05-2015, 13:04
Still cant believe they released the game with this bug.

Laughable that they say it was tested before release.. Its like releasing a shooter without any guns...

And don't believe everything that SMS say.. And no they don't deserve a break, the game was released with a game breaking bug..

Siberian Tiger
15-05-2015, 13:09

Laughable that they say it was tested before release.. Its like releasing a shooter without any guns...

And don't believe everything that SMS say.. And no they don't deserve a break, the game was released with a game breaking bug..

Not all People are affected on this Bug! Or do you see several Tousand Peoples here?

The WMD Community has invested much Time in Testing, unfortunally Testing on Console was not possible for us. For this where the external QA Teams...

neoprime85
15-05-2015, 13:26
Pretty much every other thread is about the broken handling/controller bug, so yeah id say everyone is affected by it.
It doesn't matter who the developer is or what the circumstance is, no game should be released with these kinds of issues and if this continues we are heading for a video game crash much like that what happened in the 80's.
THIS. HAS. TO. STOP.
You cant take peoples money on day one, and then expect them to wait another 2 weeks to a month to be able to finally play what they shelled out their hard earned cash for!
The only reason im willing to stick with this game is because i can see great potential here, so consider yourself lucky SMS because i certainly didnt put up with this crap from the Master Chief Collection and i got a full refund for that.
Fix the handling, and fix the frame rate and screen tearing.

Tillj
15-05-2015, 13:32
I'm sorry to say Neoprime but there are some out there who are not affected and I'm not speaking just for myself but on behalf of others I play with.

They don't have the budget, their team isn't as huge as Microsoft and Turn 10 Studios - The fact that this was crowd tested and funded, I think the condition is somewhat acceptable for a 3rd party (small) developer...

MysterG
15-05-2015, 13:36
Pretty much every other thread is about the broken handling/controller bug, so yeah id say everyone is affected by it..

No need to exaggerate things to try and make a point.

Adam.Freeman
15-05-2015, 13:39
the handling for me on default is fine. Just the difficulty and tuning sliders that are hurting the game for me as they dont go up by 1 so cant have say 84% difficulty just goes up in tens. so hope these can be patched in the future and the game is perfect for me :)

Hubcap
15-05-2015, 13:42
Thanks to all for updates. All very frustrating really and the 'not my fault guvnor' approach is starting to wear a little thin. No, I don't see thousand of people on here, but that's not really the point and that's hardly a scientific measure. One measure is though that my game doesn't work.

In any event, if it wasn't possible to test on XB1 console, then why did I just pay for a (non-working) game on that platform? After all, I know nothing about development or testing but it took me 2 minutes to realise it was broken.

Here's hoping for some better news soon ... it really does look like an awesome game.

wraithsrike
15-05-2015, 14:00

It's not game breaking, it's a pain in the *%+* yes but certainly not game breaking, there are enough work arounds to try to inable you to at least race with most of the cars.

D1rty Duck UK
15-05-2015, 14:28
It is game breaking, the head of SMS has also confirmed this.

What is wrong with people, why should I have to apply a work around to get something to work? If I pay for something I expect it to work.

To many people trying to defend the indefensible. They took our money quick enough.

And to the person who said they outsourced the testing on consoles, hope they got sacked as that's the most pathetic thing I have heard from a software developer. It's your product, your resposibilty to make sure it works. The lack of testing is clear to see.

Another rushed product to market

Psychomatrix
15-05-2015, 14:29
I Hope they can fix the xbox one game. First of all the controller issue. But i say okay it can happen. But how longer i play the game it seem more bugs will come. i konow it helps nobody to post angry replys. But beta testing on the xbox one seems to be a joke. For me it seems the put a lot more work in ps4 version.

ManOfNantucket
15-05-2015, 14:35
For those who are as angry as I am, you should do what I am doing. Every day I don't get to play this broken game I find a new place to go and write a poor review. 3 days now and 3 poor reviews out there.

Robhd
15-05-2015, 14:37
Eh? WHAT... So you are telling us you are selling a game for a considerable amount of money that hasn't even being tested on the device/ platform that you are selling it on (e.g. Xbox one)... Please let us be completely clear about this as there are potentially considerable legal ramifications that you are a retailing a product here in the UK that has not been proven as 'fit for purpose' at point of sale?

HBK
15-05-2015, 14:47
No need to exaggerate things to try and make a point.
All copies of the game out there are affected by the bug. A broken value is a broken value.

Still, not everyone is going to notice it.

And obviously wheel players aren't really "affected" by issues in the controller steering.

Sp4mD4gger
15-05-2015, 15:04
Not all People are affected on this Bug! Or do you see several Tousand Peoples here?

The WMD Community has invested much Time in Testing, unfortunally Testing on Console was not possible for us. For this where the external QA Teams...

Hmmmm then the QA results are about as much use as a chocolate tea pot?

OneBadHuskerFan
15-05-2015, 15:14
In any event, if it wasn't possible to test on XB1 console, then why did I just pay for a (non-working) game on that platform? After all, I know nothing about development or testing but it took me 2 minutes to realise it was broken.

This is basically my issue. Had I known that the "Community" part of the game had nothing to do with the Xbox One version I don't know that I'd have bought it at all. A huge part of this game was that it was thoroughly tested and the bugs would be minimal. Turns out that was only for the PC version.

I'll wait for the patch to come out to see if it makes the game playable for me. As it is I haven't played since about 1AM after it released. "Workarounds" don't cut it for me.

Psychomatrix
15-05-2015, 15:19
that external teams testing the console version is no excuse for me. in a preview video of the xbox one version from vvv you can clearly see the controller issue. Console version have nothing to do with wdm. The pc version is a different game in my eyes even with xbox one controller! !!!! But i my opinion the bring the game out and now that x1 version is not ready. A lot of gameplay bugs make this version not so enjoyable. And i don't mean the grafik and sound issues. you can read it here in the forum and the people are not stupid to play a racesim. The issues are real and no troll posts.

ManOfNantucket
15-05-2015, 15:22
It's not game breaking, it's a pain in the *%+* yes but certainly not game breaking, there are enough work arounds to try to inable you to at least race with most of the cars.

This is the very definition of a game breaking bug for a racing game.

rffanatic
15-05-2015, 15:28

It's actually very game breaking and there is no excuse for it. This game clearly wasn't tested properly. I've heard all the excuses from the WMD members and they are just that. Excuses. It's sad that a game with so much potential has such big issues from shoddy work.

Umer Ahmad
15-05-2015, 15:29
It is game breaking, there exist work-arounds, does not affect everyone, and a patch is in MSFTs hands now. You are all correct.

MysterG
15-05-2015, 15:29
All copies of the game out there are affected by the bug. A broken value is a broken value.

Still, not everyone is going to notice it.

And obviously wheel players aren't really "affected" by issues in the controller steering.

I meant the "every other thread" part. Clearly that is not the case and an exaggeration.

totlxtc
15-05-2015, 15:31
It's actually very game breaking and there is no excuse for it. This game clearly wasn't tested properly. I've heard all the excuses from the WMD members and they are just that. Excuses. It's sad that a game with so much potential has such big issues from shoddy work.

Not excuses. Facts. I think they have been quite forthright in their responses. Try getting responses from other developers (*COUGH* turn10) and you won't hear a word.

Its people responding like this which makes developers back off from the community. It's like dealing with spoilt brats at times who can't have a piece of candy when they want it!

rffanatic
15-05-2015, 15:35
Not excuses. Facts. I think they have been quite forthright in their responses. Try getting responses from other developers (*COUGH* turn10) and you won't hear a word.

Its people responding like this which makes developers back off from the community. It's like dealing with spoilt brats at times who can't have a piece of candy when they want it!

No, hearing the WMD team come into everything and whine about being a small budget and not getting to test consoles are nothing but excuses. Poor ones at that. A game this broken shouldn't have been released.

Yes T10 is the worst.

It's not being a brat to expect a game you paid for to work. This one doesn't. So you can make all the excuses you want to too but this is pretty unacceptable.

If you bought a car with a steering glitch you'd be pissed. If your TV didn't work you'd be pissed. Oh no the TV works you just have to turn it upside down and can only watch it on Tuesdays. See there's a work around, it's fine, no problem here. No, you'd be pissed. Customers have a right to be upset when something is broken. Especially when it's broken because clearly the proper testing was not done on it.

BlueFin175
15-05-2015, 15:37
Perhaps at least one positive thing that may have come out of this X1 controller debacle, SMS will now have found a way to 'test' on the X1 Console prior to releasing for further QA 'testing' and certification. Perhaps someone from SMS may want comment on such assuring the community of accountability in the future.

phoenix8000
15-05-2015, 15:38

Its not a shooter without any guns...its a shooter with bent sights and no way of hitting the targets while others can seemingly shoot from the hip and get a bullseye everytime without trying.

Plato99
15-05-2015, 15:42
I'm sorry to say Neoprime but there are some out there who are not affected and I'm not speaking just for myself but on behalf of others I play with.

They don't have the budget, their team isn't as huge as Microsoft and Turn 10 Studios - The fact that this was crowd tested and funded, I think the condition is somewhat acceptable for a 3rd party (small) developer...

The game retails at 49.99.
Call me old fashioned but I'm ok to accept minor bugs, graphical glitches etc, but at that price I don't expect bugs that "we couldn't test on a console", "that was someone else's responsibility to test", especially such basic howlers like the cars not steering properly.
Good to see its being sorted though and we hopefully aren't witnessing another Codemasters-esque programming and PR shotgun in the foot.

Phishfinger
15-05-2015, 15:51
It is technically 'game breaking' because it doesn't work as it should. However, I have the same controller bug and have posted multiple times in the top 20 and I'm not even that good compared to the hardcore players. If it was completely broken it wouldn't be possible for me to do this so I can only think part of the problem for some people is that they've not made enough effort to learn how the cars handle.

I don't think exaggerating problems helps anyone, it certainly doesn't help to fix things in a constructive way.

Lukeymonster
15-05-2015, 15:57
The game works perfect for me. For as many people on the forums saying it's broken there are just as many that it works fine for.

D1rty Duck UK
15-05-2015, 16:00
Maybe you don't notice it but it's broken as the head of SMS said

Plato99
15-05-2015, 16:01
It is technically 'game breaking' because it doesn't work as it should. However, I have the same controller bug and have posted multiple times in the top 20 and I'm not even that good compared to the hardcore players. If it was completely broken it wouldn't be possible for me to do this so I can only think part of the problem for some people is that they've not made enough effort to learn how the cars handle.

I don't think exaggerating problems helps anyone, it certainly doesn't help to fix things in a constructive way.

The cars reach full steering lock with the slightest touch of the analogue stick, making minor adjustments to track position incredibly hard. They also fail to change gear predictively when using a manual box.
Ya can't defend shoddy workmanship by claiming people need to put the hours in to circumvent it.

xxBENxx
15-05-2015, 16:05
They can not give you a time because Microsoft may not pass it and if it does not pass then it is recalled for more testing.

Fingers crossed it works first time or we could be doing this all year.

Ch1ps N Queso
15-05-2015, 16:07
If patience is this thin a week after launch I can only imagine how bad it's going to get 3/4/5/6 months from now when this game is still in shambles. Take a quick gander at the Tech Support Subs for each platform and you'll have an idea of how big this job is for a self proclaimed small studio. Hate to say it but we're in a for slow update process.

I'll personally be making lemonade out of this lemon as much as possible, but I'm not expecting a complete title until at least the holiday season. Looking forward to the finished product!

OneBadHuskerFan
15-05-2015, 16:15
If patience is this thin a week after launch I can only imagine how bad it's going to get 3/4/5/6 months from now when this game is still in shambles.

People will have moved on to other things by then if the game is still broken months from now, but I don't think that'll be the case.

HBK
15-05-2015, 16:28
I meant the "every other thread" part. Clearly that is not the case and an exaggeration.
Agreed.

Phishfinger
15-05-2015, 16:29
The cars reach full steering lock with the slightest touch of the analogue stick, making minor adjustments to track position incredibly hard. They also fail to change gear predictively when using a manual box.
Ya can't defend shoddy workmanship by claiming people need to put the hours in to circumvent it.

I'm aware of the problem with the steering, as I said I have the same issue. But if I can put in fast laps then so can anyone because I'm pretty sure I'm not some kind of super skilled driver.

My prediction is that once this problem is fixed there will be a flood of complaints about how the cars handle, probably from the same type of people you see complain about maps on the first day of an FPS release (when in reality they've just not learned them yet). When something is new there are just some folks who blame the game rather than adapting and learning the new mechanisms.

I'm not really defending the game, I'm just saying it's clearly not unplayable in its current state because I and others have been playing it since day one and having fun.

COL0STOMIZER
15-05-2015, 16:35
There was a Battlefield patch once that spent more than two months tied up in the Microsoft cert process... Everybody needs to calm down, the patch will arrive when it arrives.

Opposite_Lock
15-05-2015, 16:44
There was a Battlefield patch once that spent more than two months tied up in the Microsoft cert process... Everybody needs to calm down, the patch will arrive when it arrives.

Battlefield was basically garbage for the first year after launch. I have attempted to play this game on 3 separate occasions, and have shut the console off mid race because it's completely unplayable. (just like I did with battlefield)

Haven't been able to get into a single online match
Steering is broken with controller (biggest problem)
Graphics and frame rate are broken

Unfortunately, this has become more and more acceptable since the latest console generation launch. It's now okay to release a game that is unfinished, and continue to polish it over the coming year after launch.

beetes_juice
15-05-2015, 16:47
First, love the game thank you SMS and WMD. Have been waiting for a real racer on the box for a while now.

Sorry to see all the hateful comments and horror stories of gamers experiences so far on the fourms. For me, I have had my share of bugs so far but they are not a game killer and they do not warrant some of the responses you are seeing on here. The game awesome.

Phishfinger made a pretty good point in the post above. This game is hard and part of the problems we are seeing on here has to be from people not spending time with the game and learning the basics; tracks and how EACH car handles. Guys, were not in forza land anymore....

Opposite_Lock
15-05-2015, 17:01
Sorry to see all the hateful comments and horror stories of gamers experiences so far on the fourms. they do not warrant some of the responses you are seeing on here.

This game is hard and part of the problems we are seeing on here has to be from people not spending time with the game and learning the basics; tracks and how EACH car handles.

All of this is completely false. I have played simulation racing games for the last 21 years of my life (all the way back to the original Papyrus NASCAR Racing game). For many, including myself, this game is completely broken. People have a right to complain that a game is broken, and not be told that it's because the game is "hard". When it's nearly impossible to complete a single clean lap on a track you've spent thousands of hours driving, that's a problem. If the game works for you, great! But don't crucify others for complaining about something that wasn't addressed during beta testing.

Psychomatrix
15-05-2015, 17:07
i never seen here a hateful comment. Only it's hatefull to tell the truth.when you turn the analogstick half an Millimeter to get full turn in, then is practice useless. It's very unfair to ignore the problems and search the fault by the customers. The most people who bought this product know very well to drive racesims. A lot of them came from GP legengs, gtr 2, race07 or rfactor.

neoprime85
15-05-2015, 17:11
Phishfinger made a pretty good point in the post above. This game is hard and part of the problems we are seeing on here has to be from people not spending time with the game and learning the basics; tracks and how EACH car handles. Guys, were not in forza land anymore....

This type of comment is getting real old.
It is not because people are unskilled, the game is fundamentally broken, the steering does not work correctly with a controller, there is a bug and the developer has admitted to this.
Stop putting out BS comments like "its just because people aren't skilled enough" because honestly that makes you look like a total idiot who hasn't got a clue about what he is saying.

I for instance have been playing driving games since the mid 90's, i am HIGHLY skilled at them, be it an arcade racer or a full on sim.
Driving and cars are in my blood from birth, I have never met a driving game i cant master, and the same will go for this one however as a skilled player and someone with some basic common sense i know when i have made a mistake, or when the game is just broken, I.E. random opposite steering lock, and buggy/broken controls.

So just shut up with this "you suck at the game it isnt broken" BS, its insulting to those who have a legitimate problem and to those who have played driving games most of their gaming lives and HAVE the skill needed only the game wont allow them to fully use it due to it being broken.

On another note, whats the deal with braking into a corner only to release the brakes to make the turn only to have the car suddenly speed up again for no reason?

Oh wait i bet thats because people arent good enough too huh? Cars in real life suddenly speed up for no reason after braking too huh?

Ixoye56
15-05-2015, 17:18
The game works perfect for me. For as many people on the forums saying it's broken there are just as many that it works fine for.

It is this kind of posts that makes me wonder if I'm crazy! We all use the same hardware and software, how can it work for some and not for others?
Can someone who understands explain how this is possible to me?

neoprime85
15-05-2015, 17:18
It is this kind of posts that makes me wonder if I'm crazy! We all use the same hardware and software, how can it work for some and not for others?
Can someone who understands explain how this is possible for me?

Denial. Fanboyism. White knight syndrome. Pick one.

Ixoye56
15-05-2015, 17:21
Denial. Fanboyism. White knight syndrome. Pick one.

It was as I suspected then.

ItchyBear
15-05-2015, 17:27
All this ground is so well trodden.... it really doesn't need repeating over n over again, does it? Check the other posts chaps, s'all in there.

Facts are the patch is made, it went into NAMCO a couple of days ago and by now it should be on it's way or even with Microsoft... that's it! They've told us it's coming very soon.... all we have to do is hold it together till then ~ stay cool :cool-new:

To get the positive :positive: vibe flowing, can Ian or one of the SMS guys :heart-borken::single_eye::distracted::torn::monkey::listening_headphone:black_eyed::confused-new::indecisiveness::sorrow: tell us the best place to watch for patch update news please? Twitter/fB/here or just keep checking console??

...can't wait to race some of you lot... gonna take it easy on some of you :victorious: but the others! oh! yeah! we're coming for you :boxing::panda: lol

Come on chaps... share some gtags and let's start to think about getting some lobbies running :chuncky:

menaceuk
15-05-2015, 17:40
Can someone who understands explain how this is possible to me?

Funny thing is it happens all the time, with nigh on every game. This person experiences this bug or that glitch and this person doesn't. This person can't do this or that but the next person can. There are probably a thousand reasons why people experience different things, but it is about as common as a person complaining about a game.

Tell me, if this game is so unplayable for everybody, why are controller users right at the top of the leader boards when the wheel people have virtually no control issues at all ?

ItchyBear
15-05-2015, 17:47
Tell me, if this game is so unplayable for everybody, why are controller users right at the top of the leader boards when the wheel people have virtually no control issues at all ?

..pure skill ;) which is why I don't figure in any leader boards right now lol

It doesn't matter mate, 10% affected, 50%, 75% or the full-monty... it's a frustrating deal breaker so ya gotta sympathise with those affected & SMS.

menaceuk
15-05-2015, 17:53
..pure skill ;) which is why I don't figure in any leader boards right now lol

It doesn't matter mate, 10% affected, 50%, 75% or the full-monty... it's a frustrating deal breaker so ya gotta sympathise with those affected & SMS.

Oh, I totally agree, the amount affected is irrelevant and the situation unacceptable, but still. Do we need 100 threads asking about the patch and asking for updates? It is out of SMS's hands now, they have to play the waiting game as well.

Markush1980
15-05-2015, 18:05
No, hearing the WMD team come into everything and whine about being a small budget and not getting to test consoles are nothing but excuses. Poor ones at that. A game this broken shouldn't have been released.

Yes T10 is the worst.

It's not being a brat to expect a game you paid for to work. This one doesn't. So you can make all the excuses you want to too but this is pretty unacceptable.

If you bought a car with a steering glitch you'd be pissed. If your TV didn't work you'd be pissed. Oh no the TV works you just have to turn it upside down and can only watch it on Tuesdays. See there's a work around, it's fine, no problem here. No, you'd be pissed. Customers have a right to be upset when something is broken. Especially when it's broken because clearly the proper testing was not done on it.
Absolutely spot on. I know they have worked hard to get a patch to m/s within the week but if they had tested this game properly before release then the patch would at the latest have been available at launch. No one is a spoiled brat for complaining about something they purchased, not working.

RetroNooB
15-05-2015, 18:05
At the end of the day this isnt jus a brand new game, its a brand new franchise, there was bound to be launch issues, it the nature of the beast, yes its frustrating but bitching about it wont fix it any quicker, jus back off and allow sms to do their job, and the issues will get dealt with, the factt hat the head developer has been on forums to face the music directly is a breath of fresh air in itself, n to be honest after some tweaking in the setup the game is petty playable, instead of moaning put the effort in to set up control as best you can till the patch has made it through msoft red tape!

Psychomatrix
15-05-2015, 18:13
not all the cars are undriveable and the leaderboards are dominated only from cars you can drive with controller. So cars like formula, lmp and gt class you can handle but with lot of compromising. Leaderboards show nothing about driving ads they use.Then some leaderboards are have only 100 or 200 players. Hockenheim gp openwheel for example are have 276 times in the leaderboard. An when you have 80 % padusers the chance that their dominated the leaderboards are high. Because not every wheeluser are skilled to take top 10 times. And some people report that they don't have the controller bug. like i said some cars you can drive very well with controller. so it's no wonder that paduser are high in theleaderboards lists. That say nothing about the controller issue.

Lukeymonster
15-05-2015, 18:16
It was as I suspected then.

You and neoprime couldn't be further from the truth.

My copy of the game runs fine. I took about an hour in practice to tweak my controller to fit my style and I have zero issues driving in the game. My car does not shoot across the track. I have nice smooth inputs. My shifts are always fine. My cars do not speed up and slow down on their own. I run the digital version of the game on an external ubs3 drive and I have almost no fps issues, even with 45 cars and weather. One race I did run into drops on Tuesday and I did a hard reboot of the system. It's been fine ever since.

To show people that the game can run smoothly on an Xbox I decided to run a twitch stream and put an invite out yesterday in the forums. Many people stopped in, were surprised, asked questions and I hope left with some ideas on improving the experience for themselves.

I don't deny that people are running into issues. So as someone posted above those with issues should not be crucified in the forums. But neither should those who aren't having issues and are trying to help others out. I've been on this forum since Tuesday trying to help people out with issues. Not drawing conclusions about people, and trying to insult them

Edit...I DO run into the audio loop glitch. That I not addressed by having an external hd.

Opposite_Lock
15-05-2015, 18:17
My only worry would be that the patch doesn't fix all or most of the problems. This is what happened with Battlefield. There would be 20 problems, patch would come out, and it would fix 3 of the problems, but make 4 new ones. It took a really long time for things to sort themselves out.

Reaper8758
15-05-2015, 18:19
Absolutely spot on. I know they have worked hard to get a patch to m/s within the week but if they had tested this game properly before release then the patch would at the latest have been available at launch. No one is a spoiled brat for complaining about something they purchased, not working.

If the game is only tested locally with lets say 100 people their will be things that are missed. I have no idea how many QA testers tested this game on XB1 prior to launch but until it hits the masses their will be things that will be missed. It happens with every single release of a game, its nothing new. Some things wont even happen in a QA test but will once it launches, how are they at fault for that?

Its an inconvenience to most yes, but for some of us who have been around along time with consoles we understand that things like this will happen. Every single year when a new Call of Duty comes out their online servers go down with 48 hours and it happens again around xmas. You guys need to calm down and realize not everything is seen in testing and its not from them "Failing to test it properly"

Snowowl
15-05-2015, 18:29
We need to remember that "bugs" will be crawling out all over the place, it is just software. Increases in the number of people play across the different platforms will reveal even more as the game progresses.

So, we have a first patch coming, but that doesn't mean other things haven't been looked at or are not being worked on. Remember the golden rule of "patching" - you've got to be sure a "fix" doesn't break something else even more seriously. With Project CARS more time most likely must be spent because something fixed on Xbox One, for instance, may break something within the PC version, etc.

We need to have patience, detail bugs in our posts by platform, and give the developers time to establish a criteria for a patch schedules with high-imput items given top priority.

Phishfinger
15-05-2015, 19:16
This type of comment is getting real old.
It is not because people are unskilled, the game is fundamentally broken, the steering does not work correctly with a controller, there is a bug and the developer has admitted to this.
Stop putting out BS comments like "its just because people aren't skilled enough" because honestly that makes you look like a total idiot who hasn't got a clue about what he is saying.

I for instance have been playing driving games since the mid 90's, i am HIGHLY skilled at them, be it an arcade racer or a full on sim.
Driving and cars are in my blood from birth, I have never met a driving game i cant master, and the same will go for this one however as a skilled player and someone with some basic common sense i know when i have made a mistake, or when the game is just broken, I.E. random opposite steering lock, and buggy/broken controls.

So just shut up with this "you suck at the game it isnt broken" BS, its insulting to those who have a legitimate problem and to those who have played driving games most of their gaming lives and HAVE the skill needed only the game wont allow them to fully use it due to it being broken.

On another note, whats the deal with braking into a corner only to release the brakes to make the turn only to have the car suddenly speed up again for no reason?

Oh wait i bet thats because people arent good enough too huh? Cars in real life suddenly speed up for no reason after braking too huh?

Nobody has said "you suck at the game it isn't broken" so I don't know what you're getting at? All that was said is that part of the problem could well be people not getting used to it. From your post it sounds like you expected to be amazing at this game from the get go.

Are you saying that you can't put in fast laps with the Formula Gulf for example? From what I've read on these boards this week there are quite a few people getting frustrated by the Karts and then jumping into the Clio Cup and then giving up. There are loads of cars that can be managed quite easily, even with the steering glitch.

This isn't a "white knight" comment or whatever you want to call it, I think we'd all just like the rest of you to be able to have as much fun with the game as we are.

beetes_juice
15-05-2015, 19:38

Look no intention of insulting yours or anyone's driving skills on here; probably was a little harsh with the way i said it but just trying to get the whole "practice makes perfect" mantra across.

I've had my share of bugs; FA/1 cars with the steering lock bug when going around slow corners, but this just has not been a game killer for me. I guess I'm one of the luckier ones so far with the game does suck that the game is that unplayable for some.

Just need to be patient, all will be well, just waiting for MS. Happy racing.

RetroNooB
15-05-2015, 20:01
@ neoprime, ive been playing driving/racing simulations since Hard Drivin in the arcades in the early ninties, so im more than experienced at these games, but i struggled with the handling, until i put time in to setting up controller to where its playable, im now putting in leaderboard worthy times in ie 1:07.390 @silverstone national in clio in rainy conditions. Stop complaining and persevere with setup

Plato99
15-05-2015, 20:21
You and neoprime couldn't be further from the truth.

My copy of the game runs fine. I took about an hour in practice to tweak my controller to fit my style and I have zero issues driving in the game. My car does not shoot across the track. I have nice smooth inputs. My shifts are always fine. My cars do not speed up and slow down on their own. I run the digital version of the game on an external ubs3 drive and I have almost no fps issues, even with 45 cars and weather. One race I did run into drops on Tuesday and I did a hard reboot of the system. It's been fine ever since.

To show people that the game can run smoothly on an Xbox I decided to run a twitch stream and put an invite out yesterday in the forums. Many people stopped in, were surprised, asked questions and I hope left with some ideas on improving the experience for themselves.

I don't deny that people are running into issues. So as someone posted above those with issues should not be crucified in the forums. But neither should those who aren't having issues and are trying to help others out. I've been on this forum since Tuesday trying to help people out with issues. Not drawing conclusions about people, and trying to insult them

Edit...I DO run into the audio loop glitch. That I not addressed by having an external hd.

So in order to play this properly I need to invest in a wheel AND a USB drive? Wow this is getting pricey.

beetes_juice
15-05-2015, 20:31
So in order to play this properly I need to invest in a wheel AND a USB drive? Wow this is getting pricey.

Didn't he say he's using a controller?

Lukeymonster
15-05-2015, 22:34
Didn't he say he's using a controller?

Yes I did. Thanks for noticing beetes. "We've come for your daughter Chuck!"

At any rate I have a piece of advice that people can choose to use or ignore. After I had a base controller setup that was good for me, I still found certain types of cars slightly unruly, as they would be in real life. Before I do any series I go into practice and tune the steering ratio. It's a great and effective way to tune the steering on cars that are twitchy and bring them all into a base "feeling" so you can switch around and still feel confident. Just move the slider to the RIGHT and keep testing until youre turning as smooth as glass. The final setting I use for each car is different so be sure you're testing. I plan on doing this even after a patch. I don't tune anything else until I am looking at specific tracks and see what the telemetry is telling me about how the car reacts to the circuit.

And no I'm not saying you need to invest in a USB 3 drive. I'm just passing along my setup in hopes that people who want to go that route know that it helps. I don't consider my external a project cars investment. I bought the drive months ago to blow out my storage for games and movies. The plus side is that I've seen performance and loading gains on many titles. Some no, but the ones that dont improve are in the minority.

neoprime85
16-05-2015, 02:27
@ neoprime, ive been playing driving/racing simulations since Hard Drivin in the arcades in the early ninties, so im more than experienced at these games, but i struggled with the handling, until i put time in to setting up controller to where its playable, im now putting in leaderboard worthy times in ie 1:07.390 @silverstone national in clio in rainy conditions. Stop complaining and persevere with setup

Oh believe me i can drive the cars in this game perfectly fine, but with bugs like the steering glitch and the controls just being fundamentally broken, no matter what you white knights say, the game is simply in a sorry state and should not have been released in this condition.

No amount of practice and setup is going to fix the glaring issues that, cant believe im having to say this YET AGAIN, the developer has acknowledged as being present and cause for the issues we are seeing, such as opposite steering lock bug, and the fact that when you brake the car suddenly decides to speed up once you let off the brakes.

Yeah, that's my fault for not setting the damn car up correctly or not practicing enough isn't it?

Idiocy.

Plato99
16-05-2015, 07:03
It's an odd one. Some cars, like the Caterham 7, seem to be horribly nervous and twitchy with the controller, yet the Ginetta G55 is as sweet as a nut. I guess it comes down to a lack of testing, as admitted by the developers.

menaceuk
16-05-2015, 07:09
It's an odd one. Some cars, like the Caterham 7, seem to be horribly nervous and twitchy with the controller, yet the Ginetta G55 is as sweet as a nut. I guess it comes down to a lack of testing, as admitted by the developers.

They are two very different cars with very different set ups and tunes.

Nemesis X2
16-05-2015, 08:10
Blimey it does make me laugh when people moan because different cars handle differently..... What exactly do you think they'd be like in real life???

All cars are different and feel different based on numerous factors.

Also people mess about with controller settings to make a car handle easier then are surprised when another may feel well off. I'm on default mode 3 and it plays fine. It's just case of taking time to get used to each new car rather than moaning the first time you end up in the gravel and blaming the controls. It's not a game that will hold your hand as you play it.

Budski
16-05-2015, 09:26
Based on SMS feedback in the update threads, NAMCO should have passed the patch to Microsoft by now. Microsoft validation process is as long as a piece of string and depends I guess on how much they have in the pipeline and how much grief their having to field :rolleyes: we'll call that 'prioritisation' :)

Personally, having been in touch with MS myself, it wouldn't surprise me if they drag their feet. With Forza 6 around the corner I guess they won't be in any great hurry to release "game breaking" patches for competitive 3rd party titles (purely my own speculation). We should give SMS a break here, it's out of their hands and they worked very fast to fix and release this patch for us :cool:

If the sun-gods are shining down we could see a patch release today/tomorrow, if things have gone smoothly & as we were warned I guess it's more likely Mon/Tue and if we're being 'managed' then we might see it towards the middle of next week, even by Friday (typical release day for content).

Hope this helps, it's no conciliation, I know, but hey? maybe SMS can come up with a little Xbox gift for our extended-patience and restrained loyalty :barbershop_quartet_

..gently rattles finger tips on a shiny hard surface :bi_polo:

You managed to make SMS's screw-up a way to hate on Microsoft, well played sir, well played.

Budski
16-05-2015, 09:27
Blimey it does make me laugh when people moan because different cars handle differently..... What exactly do you think they'd be like in real life???

All cars are different and feel different based on numerous factors.

Also people mess about with controller settings to make a car handle easier then are surprised when another may feel well off. I'm on default mode 3 and it plays fine. It's just case of taking time to get used to each new car rather than moaning the first time you end up in the gravel and blaming the controls. It's not a game that will hold your hand as you play it.

There is a known fault with the game regarding controls, don't be so arrogant.

Devastation
16-05-2015, 09:51

Then why hype it up so much then knowing there's a lot of bugs?

Bryer
16-05-2015, 10:04
To be fair there is something deeper than the game at fault here. I think we are seeing the effects of a rushed console release. If the bugs where just the game, then everyone would have the same issues. I do not have any issues personally and have a console manufactured in November 2013, I think the possible issues being quite sporadic would also indicate a lot of console specific bugs during to different manufacturing plants using different suppliers.

corvo
16-05-2015, 10:33
Facts:

1) game was released unfinished/untested/bugged whatever
2) game was released as direct contender with Forza (at least in price range)
3) I made a promess years ago that day One buys would be only for Turn10 and Bethesda games
4) Shame on me I broke that promess

Opinion

SMS better fix the game before Forza6 or PCars2 will struggle to see day light

Hope to see this game going bug free very soon and Day One buys from SMS never again

RetroNooB
16-05-2015, 10:49
Oh believe me i can drive the cars in this game perfectly fine, but with bugs like the steering glitch and the controls just being fundamentally broken, no matter what you white knights say, the game is simply in a sorry state and should not have been released in this condition.

No amount of practice and setup is going to fix the glaring issues that, cant believe im having to say this YET AGAIN, the developer has acknowledged as being present and cause for the issues we are seeing, such as opposite steering lock bug, and the fact that when you brake the car suddenly decides to speed up once you let off the brakes.

Yeah, that's my fault for not setting the damn car up correctly or not practicing enough isn't it?

Idiocy.

I didnt mention car setup, i mentioned controller setup, theres a huge difference! at least read a post properly before trolling the poster, n calling them names.

Nemesis X2
16-05-2015, 11:26
There is a known fault with the game regarding controls, don't be so arrogant.

Who's being arrogant exactly...?!

Yes we all know there are a few issues with the game but some are trying to make out they are 100x worse than they are. It is in fact arrogance by some to make out any issue they have with controlling the cars is the fault of the game as opposed to their use of it.

Anyway my point was relating to some cars handling different to others, which is how it should be FFS, not deemed an issue. Plus it is arrogance to presume fiddling with controller settings for one car won't potentially have a detrimental effect on another.