PDA

View Full Version : Penalty system

o05170o
15-05-2015, 10:59
First of all, I want to say that I'm completely in love with this game. And by the way, sorry about my english, is not my mother tongue.

Once I said that, for god sake, could you guys make a decent, or at least moral, penalty system. I know nothing about programming, but it has to be not that difficult to do it. Even with my ignorance, I want to suggest some things:

(car A-ahead, car B-behind)

- It should be not that difficult to set the physics engine to determine when a drivers ram another. Just something like, If after the impact car A gets out of lines, car B gets an advice. If car B gets two advices or if the first ram was to heavy, he gets a drive throug. If after the impact, car B overtakes car A, car be is forced to return the position (by the same system you use for the cuting corners, but with no timer, just keep car B slow till car A overtakes him) The same for position winning due to cuting (and okay, make an exception just for that rare cases when overtaked cars drive into the pit lane, or you will get the infractor waiting too long...wich... is not that bad anyway...xd)

- When car B is near to car A, car A can not cross over the midlane twice (at least on the main straights) that will prevent continuos line changes to defend position. I know that it is a game, but it feels frustrating when you keep your Kers to overtake someone, and it get uselees just because you are clean and refuses to ram others that are blocking you.

- Put some side indicators just when a car initiates the overtake on us. I like to drive clean, but your mirrors are far from perfect (but they are pretty, I give you that ;-) It will be good to make a gradual indicator. Once the indicator reach a determined point, atack the vertex like there is no one there must be penalized too, because you are hitting another driver, and the indicator tells you that is going to happen so, you have no excuse. (but I recognize that this one it may be hard to put into the game. So hard to determine when is a casual contact and when is a hard one, at least make the indicator)

- Make a list of Rammers. Lets put them to play against theirselfs. If you got penalized 5 times in a day, you can only play with Rammers for another day.

That is more or less what I like to see in the game. Guys, you did a TITANIC job with this game. You risked with the first real simracing game on consoles. You decided that simulation and competition can work on consoles, and we all respect you for that. But simulation does not work if people can play arcade without penalization. Every one can play as they please, of course, thats the reason because you put all that configuration options, but please, pay a little more of attention to those who really want to race seriously bescause, at the and, we are the ones that make your game different and unique.

Take a look (Im sure you already did that) to iRacing online competition. People drive clean, and why? because not doing it penalize you hard. Every one knows that game for that. Project Car is not iRacing, I get that, and for me, it is even better because it was created from the community and for the community. And thats why I'm writting this, because as a part of that community, I feel the game mine too.

Thx for reading this, and drive safe!!

PD: in case you are not going to take my suggestions into consideration, I offer you another option... PUT WEAPONS ON THE CARS!!! THAT WOULD BE EVEN MORE CAOTIC!!

have fun, best regards.

CTR69
15-05-2015, 11:25
There should be a balanced system for positive and negative points. Negative being the obvious offtracks, spins and contacts and positive being clean and fast laps. Every clean lap should get you positive points and podiums get you even more points. That should provide something to grind for. But now races are literally pointless and that is not preventing bad driving. It's the same in AC. There's no incentive to race clean.

Charlie2k
15-05-2015, 13:25
I agree with o05170o.

I think SMS lied us, because there isn't penalty system, well, there is one, but is bad, very bad.
I know I have to play with friends, but I want to play against all the players, not only vs my friends.

Please focus on it and fix it.

BR.

MikeyTT
15-05-2015, 13:41
I'm not quite sure SMS lied, but there were features initially discussed that didn't make the release cut.

I've tried to get a definitive on the safety system, to understand if it is just not presented via the UI, but the code is sitting behind the scenes, but I've not heard anything yet. You are all right it's something that needs to be looked at and implemented, although I don't think you'll see iRacing levels of penalties.

SMS are working on many of the features that didn't make the cut and obviously at the mo they are working hard on fixing the known issues. In the interim I would look around to see if there are any groups you could join where the racing is a little less chaotic. You're all PC racers it seems, so have a look at The Gents Club (TGC), these guys do not tolerate bad behaviour. In the multiplayer event planning forum section there are more groups looking for members, so I would give that a shot for now.

Charlie2k
15-05-2015, 14:05
I'm console player, and I play with T300RS.

I think I'm a clean player, well, I try to be it always, for this reason I added new friends to my list on PS4.

Maybe, confirm that SMS lied is too much, but is the feeling I have.

I hope, the best is yet to come...

BTW, the game is pretty good, but needs fix online penalty system

o05170o
15-05-2015, 14:51
I'm not saying that sms lie to us, well, they make advice and marketing so... YOU KNOW THEY LIE!! (just kidding) The lie, is implied. If you sell the game like the ultimate simracing one, you need to pay attention to those things. A strong penalty system does not hurt anyone, just set it like all the other options in game. Free to chose. It is simple select the penalty system: suicide squad / amateur / profesional / sim racing. You guys, or they, did it with every single option in game, wich options are near to endless, just make penalty system one option more. Furthermore, that way, you let us, the users decide what is fun or not. If I like the extreme car damage (xtreme, not what you did wich is semi arcade but still the most realistic on consoles) and extreme penalty system, and people dont like that... No one is joining my race, but at least, I have the choice.

Seriously, it is not that hard. Well I know and respect lazyness, and belive me, not a single PCars developer is more lazy than me hahaha, but please, take it into consideration. I repeat what I said, you started hearing at the community, please, keep it that way.

And congrats again by the monster game you did!

MikeyTT
15-05-2015, 15:18
I'm console player, and I play with T300RS.

I think I'm a clean player, well, I try to be it always, for this reason I added new friends to my list on PS4.

Maybe, confirm that SMS lied is too much, but is the feeling I have.

I hope, the best is yet to come...

BTW, the game is pretty good, but needs fix online penalty system

Unfortunately there are features that didn't make the initial release cut. It's frustrating and there are a few things I'm disappointed with, but given the scope of what they were trying to do with the budget they had and the approach with the community assisted WMD portal, I'm damned happy with what we have today, and when some of the bugs are ironed out and they can look at new features. Tho I am slightly biased ;)

Based on some of the threads running back a couple of years there are a lot of great requests, like safety cars, telemetry for consoles, XB1 2nd screen (tablet things, can't recall it's proper name right now), hill climb tracks, online safety rating system, dedicated server and league management features, better rain implementation, deeper exposure of API data, snow, rally tracks, etc. Some have been completely dismissed, but some are still on the devs radar.

I can't see exactly what's on this list, but suffice to say SMS are far from done with pCars and I can't wait to see what's next over the coming months.

Selsted
15-05-2015, 16:44
I know nothing about programming, but it has to be not that difficult to do it.

But you are wrong, it is that difficult to do.

o05170o
15-05-2015, 17:48
But you are wrong, it is that difficult to do.

Well, far from my intention to start an arguing about programming, but, from my absolutely ignorance, maybe is an answer for the developers to give. But obviously I apreciate your endless wisdom, thx mate. You seem to know much better than I how programming is, so, just to make sure that the devs do not miss an expert like you, can you give them some tips? I mean, how do you and your skills fix the penalty system?

PorcheDad986
15-05-2015, 18:53
There should be a balanced system for positive and negative points. Negative being the obvious offtracks, spins and contacts and positive being clean and fast laps. Every clean lap should get you positive points and podiums get you even more points. That should provide something to grind for. But now races are literally pointless and that is not preventing bad driving. It's the same in AC. There's no incentive to race clean.

iRacing does it by calculating, and keeping track of, "corners per incident". The more laps you drive, the higher your corners number goes. That's the positive. Bad stuff generates "incident points".....Run off the track and not hit anything or spin and that's an incident(1 point), Brush a wall alongside the track - incident(1 point), hit someone that's a BIG incident(4 points), spin out and hit a wall and that's an incident (2 points), etc... If you haven't guessed by now incident points are the negative. The corners per incident determines your licence level for the most part (there are minimum competition requirements as well but the incident points and corners counts are the meat of it.)

The better you get, the higher your licence, and the cleaner the racing gets. I am a B license and let me tell you, racing is a LOT more fun then it was when I was a D or a Rookie licence. Those races were like the crash fests you see in the public lobbies. But you had to find a way to get through them and advance your license to get out of them. I learned a LOT about avoiding accidents, how to recognize who you could race with and who to stay away from, how to get a pass done quickly and safely, and how to recognize the car's limits in those races. And I am still learning......

It definitely works and it definitely makes the online racing more fun.....and it forces you to get better.

Ramshackle
15-05-2015, 19:24
I'd love to see drive through penalties. The trouble with this penalty system is that clean players suffer too. Had multiple occasions where two or three cars cut the same corner, they all recieve a penalty, then the track is completely blocked for anyone unfortunate enough to be stuck behind. Cars under the time penalty need to be ghosted.

o Mike V o
15-05-2015, 19:29
Your best solution is to find like minded clean racers and just play with them. Thats what I ended doing in Forza 5 for the R Class Endurance lobbies, lots of good times! Dirty racers will always be a problem in these games theirs not really a whole lot that can be done about it.

I remember in Forza when you had dirty drivers all you had to was save the replay and report it to one of the devs that was active on the forums. He would check your replay and get the person(s) banned from online play since crashing people and what not goes against Xbox Terms of service or whatever. A lot of these crash teams, cheaters, corner cutters got a temporary ban for being idiots. I don't think they do that anymore though.

Selsted
15-05-2015, 20:33
Well, far from my intention to start an arguing about programming, but, from my absolutely ignorance, maybe is an answer for the developers to give. But obviously I apreciate your endless wisdom, thx mate. You seem to know much better than I how programming is, so, just to make sure that the devs do not miss an expert like you, can you give them some tips? I mean, how do you and your skills fix the penalty system?

You say you know nothing about programming, but from that, you decide that this is not that difficult. Though it does not matter, yes I am very experienced in coding (with 30+ years).

Its not implementing rules that are difficult (the programming part), it is stating the rules so that they work correct. And this is not an intention to derail the thread, but it is not always the person coming from behind, who is in fault when accidents happens. Writing rules that decides who is at fault is very difficult, perhaps even impossible.

Look at the premiere online racing service, which PorcheDad is referring to. They decided to make a system where they do not blame one, but blame everyone equal when accidents occur. Why did they do that? Because what you are suggesting is indeed very difficult.

I have seen accidents on iRacing, where discussions were going about who was really at fault, and it can at times be very hard to tell. Looking at the issue from one car, will say its the others fault, and vice versa. Again, all I was saying, is that you are wrong, and it is not easy. Personally I think making such a system will result in numerous posts on these forums stating that they got a penalty without being at fault, and they will be right a lot of the times. I do think it is impossible to create a fair system, that is not exploitable in online races. And rules that are exploitable should be considered carefully.

I am not saying implementing a system is good or bad, I just said that you are wrong, and it is indeed very hard to create what you are asking.

o05170o
15-05-2015, 21:03
You say you know nothing about programming, but from that, you decide that this is not that difficult. Though it does not matter, yes I am very experienced in coding (with 30+ years).

Its not implementing rules that are difficult (the programming part), it is stating the rules so that they work correct. And this is not an intention to derail the thread, but it is not always the person coming from behind, who is in fault when accidents happens. Writing rules that decides who is at fault is very difficult, perhaps even impossible.

Look at the premiere online racing service, which PorcheDad is referring to. They decided to make a system where they do not blame one, but blame everyone equal when accidents occur. Why did they do that? Because what you are suggesting is indeed very difficult.

I have seen accidents on iRacing, where discussions were going about who was really at fault, and it can at times be very hard to tell. Looking at the issue from one car, will say its the others fault, and vice versa. Again, all I was saying, is that you are wrong, and it is not easy. Personally I think making such a system will result in numerous posts on these forums stating that they got a penalty without being at fault, and they will be right a lot of the times. I do think it is impossible to create a fair system, that is not exploitable in online races. And rules that are exploitable should be considered carefully.

I am not saying implementing a system is good or bad, I just said that you are wrong, and it is indeed very hard to create what you are asking.

But you are missing the point on all this. I am not saying what they need to do, I am suggesting what I like to see. I do not like to come here and say, that is wrong, and quit. Nop, I prefer to give my opinion, and what I would like to see in a game that I paid for, and that is made, for the community. As I said, I know nothing about programming, I am glad you do, seriously, that way you can tell me what is possible and what is not.

Lets see, I get now, whats the difficult part on it. Anyway, your point is that is very difficult to made a penalty system that is not going to be exploit. Well, tell me, you do not consider a exploit ramming cars with no penalty? Maybe what I suggest is a little bit of an uthopy, but dude, what we have now completely turns the game useless. In fact, I even correct myself when I thought that what I were asking for is near to difficult, but come on, others seem at least possible. You can (I guess) set a max radius when collision detection is activated. I mean, lets put 10 meters. If two cars are in that spot, and no one else is near, the penalty system detects the contact and penalize the infractor. And please, take it just like an example. That way you are not avoiding the meles party crash, but penalyzing that guy who evertakes you by ramming, just because he can not pass you clean. Carmaggedon on his age, had a system to determine who was hitting who, because that give the hitter points. Its been a while from that days, maybe something similar can be done. Or maybe not, okay, but at least, is not going to be because of my silent XD!

Drive safe!

Skargarim
16-05-2015, 11:53
I did my first online races yesterday. i was affraid of what might happen. the problem everyone is having is the same in any other racing game, but i have to say, from what i've seen it's much better then most other games. i've seen many clean racers and if you're driving clean yourself, no matter how stupid some people are, you always end up with the clean racers after a few corners or laps. as long as you are smarter than those idiots they can't keep up with you. you might not win because someone screwed up your race, but you can at least fight with real racers.

But the penalty system is flawed and that also is a problem of almost every racing game.
First of all, no matter what you (the devs) plan for in the future, most important thing is, that the system recognizes whether or not it's your fault. That is what sucks most imho. Being hit from behind and pushed of track by another car, being forced to cut the corner with nothing you can do about it, surely shoudn't get me penalized and hardly ever is the fault of the car in front.
maybe add new penalties "like causing a collision" or "forcing another car of the track". If there's something like that, i'm sorry. i guees then i haven't seen that yet. all i saw in that matter was someone invalidating my lap by hitting me from behind. another penalty would be for failing to drive in a straight line.
And last but not least: stack penalties. first incident 5 sec, second incident 10 sec and so on. something like that. and keep that record after every race. only way to to get a mild penalty for something unexpected that can always happen to you is, to race clean to keep it low or reduce your penalty over time. Maybe add a option for the event to (de)activate the penalty system records, so the idiots can have fun somewhere.

cloakdeath
16-05-2015, 17:55
I did my first online races yesterday. i was affraid of what might happen. the problem everyone is having is the same in any other racing game, but i have to say, from what i've seen it's much better then most other games. i've seen many clean racers and if you're driving clean yourself, no matter how stupid some people are, you always end up with the clean racers after a few corners or laps. as long as you are smarter than those idiots they can't keep up with you. you might not win because someone screwed up your race, but you can at least fight with real racers.

But the penalty system is flawed and that also is a problem of almost every racing game.

I have had the occasional clean and very exciting race, but when you are home after a long day and you have 5 races in a row where dirty racers bounce off of you in corners and then blast through chicanes illegally and not get penalties, it puts your back up big time. There should be a harsh penalty system, even if you brake too late by accident and push off the car in front, you have ruined their race afterall. Or if the driver in front was brake checking for in the middle of a straight, then the button input is evidence enough. People went to the moon back in the day..a mostly accurate penalty system against reckless drivers shouldn't be such a tall order. I don't want to spend hours setting up races inviting people individually hoping they are available.

lordymatsuo
16-05-2015, 20:14

Like this idea, real simple but after a few days players would easily be separated.

Small bump (-1)
Medium Bump (-2)
Heavy Bump (-3)

Clean Lap (+1)
Fast Lap (+1)
Finish 1st (+3)
Finish 2nd (+2)
Finish 3d (+1)

Could go a bit deeper than this but just with these basic numbers you can already see after 5 or so clean races I would be rnaked at say level 10+ where as people who crash, rage quit would be at negative 10 and I would not be matched into lobby's with them or the lobby owner could set minimum points to enter.

These points should not have a min/max limit. In months of racing I might become a 624 rated player for all my clean races where as other may still be down in negatives or low scores.

I just think this is a great system, simple and amazes me that Pcars with all it's so called depth has no rankign system of any kind or penalty.

SpecRecce
17-05-2015, 10:26
MP online rating is needed, as well as an admin to moderate servers.

Iwanchek
17-05-2015, 12:04
dude pushes me off the track i ve got 5sec for cutting the track but he went as well with me off the track and he continues to drive while ive got 5secs or 6! amazing!

NoBrakes
17-05-2015, 18:44
There are some really good ideas over here. But by demanding some detailed punishment or clean driving point system that is automatic you maybe over stress the system. Remember: in real race driving you have marshals, race control, onboard cameras that could be checked for every incident etc. and to sum it up a big stuff of trained experts that manage a race. Besides very well and high level organized league racing you would have problems to find enough such experienced people but you have to rely on an automatism that has to decide if it was a simple driving error without consequences but for yourself or a technical issue or at worst you killed the race of someone else because of a bad driving habit. I won't say it's impossible to programme such logic but in the end a decision has to be made on a very rough data basis.

Whatever you use consequences should follow real driving penalties. In real racing you never have a forced slow down on the track because of a driving error or other misbehavior ... there is only a demanded slow down in certain flag situations or - look at this weekends 24h race at Nurburgring - when it has to be done for other safety reasons. All other are drive through, stop and go, additional racing time or black flag punishments plus more or less money to pay.

Another thing to be mentioned are the possibilities to have a certain standard of situational awareness. Well most of us wil use more or less a big single screen output with a certain FOV that pleases our immersion. Very few have triple or super wide screen, big screen Beamer pictures, TrackIr or virtual reality glasses. So the individual field of view is very limited compared to real life driving. What may help would be some kind of position app that indicates where other cars behind and most important beside you are located. In Assetto Corsa there is a very useful app called Helicorsa that tracks other drivers around you like on a radar scope with different colors depending on how near they are relative to your position. To have something like that in PCARS would help a lot to improve situational awareness.

quentinGO
17-05-2015, 20:58
Hi, first of all, i really liked this game. You doing an impressive job and provide a console alternative to an ex pc player like me is wonderful.

I can understand the challenge to create a complex algorithm like this. There are many factors to consider that might penalize the wrong person. But i'm not agree with you NoBrake, the field of view isn't the problem, it's a part of it. The thing is, some racers really don't want to make any thinking effort if somebody is on their left (hard to think that these people drive cars in real life). They just don't care, not a big deal for them.

The first time i see these filters in the online servers lists, i was thinking "cool i'm gonna be able to play with clean racers with the pro setting", but it change nothing.
I'd like to see something more efficient. So i was thinking why guys you didn't put in place a system like the arena in wow, based on the quality of the race. A score for each person who prove the value. In function of the position at the end of the race, the number of accident, capacities of finish a race without leaving the track and why not a minimum timer who could proved that you don't over brake like hell.

The result would be letting all madmax racers between them and create some divisions based on the score when the admin decided.

Sorry for my awful english (learned in movies xD).

RobMUFC1987
18-05-2015, 04:48
I once got disqualified from a qualifying session because someone was driving the wrong way and hit me head on. He didn't get disqualified

DinoM
18-05-2015, 07:06

Really??

RobMUFC1987
18-05-2015, 07:51
Haha. My mate got a slow down for 1315 seconds at Spa after pitting

Wolkenwolf
18-05-2015, 08:32
keep it simple

What i would like to see is

1. Don't join my game if you haven't driven - lets say 200 ? laps on this track.
So we get rid of this guys who join, bounce the wall 5 times and crash the race out of frustration. Or mostly lack of brain.

I think thats not complicated to implement. Ok, some will cheat around it, but it could be a start :)

2. A simple relationship between driven laps, finished races and accidents.
Every finished online race and lap should give high positive points, every accident and quit lower negatives, regardless if you are guilty or not.

So you can see, this guy with 5 races quit and a mass of accidents will not come above, 50 points or whatever, i dont want him on my server, only people with high positive values.

RobMUFC1987
18-05-2015, 09:17
keep it simple

What i would like to see is

1. Don't join my game if you haven't driven - lets say 200 ? laps on this track.
So we get rid of this guys who join, bounce the wall 5 times and crash the race out of frustration. Or mostly lack of brain.

I think thats not complicated to implement. Ok, some will cheat around it, but it could be a start :)

2. A simple relationship between driven laps, finished races and accidents.
Every finished online race and lap should give high positive points, every accident and quit lower negatives, regardless if you are guilty or not.

So you can see, this guy with 5 races quit and a mass of accidents will not come above, 50 points or whatever, i dont want him on my server, only people with high positive values.

Carrying on from this maybe implement stats in matchmaking. For example, I have completed 80 races, 38 wins and 72 podiums, so I could be matched with people with similar success

Wolkenwolf
18-05-2015, 10:08
Yes, the second point could lead to a sort of leveling/matchmaking system.
E.g you reach 10000 points and get some sort of extra reward like an animated "boxenluder" :)

First point would be enough for the start ;), thats only grab some numbers and compare.

PorcheDad986
18-05-2015, 17:08

First of all, no matter what you (the devs) plan for in the future, most important thing is, that the system recognizes whether or not it's your fault. That is what sucks most imho. Being hit from behind and pushed of track by another car, being forced to cut the corner with nothing you can do about it, surely shoudn't get me penalized and hardly ever is the fault of the car in front.
maybe add new penalties "like causing a collision" or "forcing another car of the track". If there's something like that, i'm sorry. i guees then i haven't seen that yet. all i saw in that matter was someone invalidating my lap by hitting me from behind. another penalty would be for failing to drive in a straight line.
And last but not least: stack penalties. first incident 5 sec, second incident 10 sec and so on. something like that. and keep that record after every race. only way to to get a mild penalty for something unexpected that can always happen to you is, to race clean to keep it low or reduce your penalty over time. Maybe add a option for the event to (de)activate the penalty system records, so the idiots can have fun somewhere.

I can see where the software could detect a rear end collision and fault the trailing driver automatically, and essentially it IS always the trailing driver's fault. But determining fault in a side impact is going to be next to impossible though. Maybe what could be done is too many rear end impacts (or head-on impacts) get you bounced. Too many penalties, of any kind, within a race and you get black flagged and bounced. Maybe too many bounces should even get you banned for a period of time....you know, to allow you to "practice" a bit more..... If you know there are certain rules that will get you bounced, then you have to drive differently to avoid those consequences.

One thing is for certain.....as long as there is no deterrent to poor behavior or driving, it will NEVER go away.

lordymatsuo
21-05-2015, 08:54
I'm sorry I have to completely disagree with it being a stress on the system. A simple collision detection penalty based on where the collision was on the car would suffice. You hit a car with your front most of the time so that is a penalty, if you get hit in the rear that's not a penalty, if you get hit in the rear then within 1 second hit someone with your front, that's not a penalty, if you go of track after being hit, don;t get a corner cutting penalty, if you go off track with no prior collision, you get a corner cutting penalty. This game can't be called a serious sim until these fundamentals are fixed. If I race for 1 hour on a 20-30 lap race and on the last corner the guy behind decides to bump me off to get the win, where is the fun in that? He should receive a serious penalty of 15 seconds or so, enough time for me to recover and get back in position.

We don't need realism, to the extent of race marshals looking back over videos, we just need penalties which penalise people who do it. If you have a penalty and keep getting penalties. 1 of 2 things will happen, you will get p***** off with the penalty timer and start to drive better or you will continue to hit people and your rank will go down and you will end up in lobbies with lower rank levels like your self. Clean drivers rank will go up over a period of time ranking players will end up with similar level players who race clean or race bad which ever you race like. This ranking was a feature SMS said was in the game and that you will be matched to players who race clean, well there is currently no ranking at all, even in the driver profile it doesn't show anything.

This is a fundamental flaw in online racing games, the only solution has been to start a group for clean racers which takes time to organise when the game could do it automatically with a penalty and ranking system.

40 hours played online, love the game but 38 of those hours have been in a private lobby with like minded drivers which took me days to sort out a list of clean racers. We have a temporary solution but the game only lets it's self down by allowing this to continue for too long. People who can;t be bothered to look for clean racers will just give up and that is a detrimental affect on the community as a whole as we will have less players to get in lobbies with and the number 1 reason why people quit onlien racing games???? FRUSTRATION!!!! from moron drivers and the games lack of penalty / ranking system.

How this gets passed quality testing in every racing game is beyond me, it is a major flaw and ruins the online experience.

There are some really good ideas over here. But by demanding some detailed punishment or clean driving point system that is automatic you maybe over stress the system. Remember: in real race driving you have marshals, race control, onboard cameras that could be checked for every incident etc. and to sum it up a big stuff of trained experts that manage a race. Besides very well and high level organized league racing you would have problems to find enough such experienced people but you have to rely on an automatism that has to decide if it was a simple driving error without consequences but for yourself or a technical issue or at worst you killed the race of someone else because of a bad driving habit. I won't say it's impossible to programme such logic but in the end a decision has to be made on a very rough data basis.

Whatever you use consequences should follow real driving penalties. In real racing you never have a forced slow down on the track because of a driving error or other misbehavior ... there is only a demanded slow down in certain flag situations or - look at this weekends 24h race at Nurburgring - when it has to be done for other safety reasons. All other are drive through, stop and go, additional racing time or black flag punishments plus more or less money to pay.

Another thing to be mentioned are the possibilities to have a certain standard of situational awareness. Well most of us wil use more or less a big single screen output with a certain FOV that pleases our immersion. Very few have triple or super wide screen, big screen Beamer pictures, TrackIr or virtual reality glasses. So the individual field of view is very limited compared to real life driving. What may help would be some kind of position app that indicates where other cars behind and most important beside you are located. In Assetto Corsa there is a very useful app called Helicorsa that tracks other drivers around you like on a radar scope with different colors depending on how near they are relative to your position. To have something like that in PCARS would help a lot to improve situational awareness.

evanzo7
21-05-2015, 09:37
There is obviously several things that can be implemented but one that stands out for me is a tiny little feature that would make a huge difference!

That feature being indicators to show cars around you.

I race on a wheel (PS4) and I have run out of buttons to have the option to look left and right etc, I am sure many others with wheels will be having a similar issue as well.
I was racing in a league the other night going side by side with people round corners, now thankfully we both gave eachother room and we both came out unscathed but I had no idea where the other guy was and little indicators to show where and how close he was would have been so handy and I could have raced him a little harder.