PDA

View Full Version : 18.1 GB???

lF A R V A
15-05-2015, 11:42
So I got project cars day 1 for the US and my game has been at 18.1 GB and is still at 18.1GB. I have re-installed PCars twice since and its still at 18.1GB anyone know how to get it to download the latest version or am I just screwed? Xbox one BTW

Thank you for any help you can give me.:mad:

Raven403
15-05-2015, 11:43
Have you hard reset your console? i.e Hold the xbox button on console for 10 seconds until it shuts off then start it and see?
otherwise-----> http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22250-Title-Updater

lF A R V A
15-05-2015, 11:49
I have hard reset my console multiple times. I usually hard reset every night before I go to work.

Raven403
15-05-2015, 11:50
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-Title-Updater

Srt8 300c
15-05-2015, 11:51
Have you tried hard resetting and removing power cable for 10 secs at the back of the console?
It worked for my bro a few days back.

koda.72
15-05-2015, 11:51
I've noticed the same thing ever since I moved it from internal HDD to external HD.

rrusso
15-05-2015, 11:59
First start the game

Then close the game, and clear the console cache (hard reset) by pressing and holding power off key on the console until he turns off

Remove the power cable for about 10 seconds

Turn on the console

lF A R V A
15-05-2015, 13:42
Thank you for all the replies! Once I get home I will try all those ideas and let you guys know if it works.

lF A R V A
15-05-2015, 15:54
First start the game

Then close the game, and clear the console cache (hard reset) by pressing and holding power off key on the console until he turns off

Remove the power cable for about 10 seconds

Turn on the console

THANK YOU SO MUCH RRUSSO. I love u!

AudiS4
23-05-2015, 01:52
I am stuck at 18.1gb.. I have tried the hard reset method, tried uninstalling. I also have spotty chopped gameplay. Anyone else with this or should I try to contact them?

nissan4ever
23-05-2015, 02:00
I am stuck at 18.1gb.. I have tried the hard reset method, tried uninstalling. I also have spotty chopped gameplay. Anyone else with this or should I try to contact them?

Do what the quote in post directly above yours, when you said this!

Snowowl
23-05-2015, 02:11
The key is to use the Big X button on the Xbox One to shut down by holding it until the console shuts off. Then remove the external power plug from the wall (or at least the wall-side connector).

Wait until the entire power is drained from the power pack itself. It is normally white when On, orange in stand-by or still containing power. It only takes 10 seconds or so to make sure it is all drained.

Connect the external electrical power again, then start up the console, sign on to Xbox Live. Give it a couple minutes after you sign in, then highlight (don't select) the Project CARS section and use the triple-horizontal button, and select Manage Game. You should now see the game is 18.5 GB. IF it is updating at the time, do nothing else, even if it says "Ready to play." Wait for it to complete.

AudiS4
23-05-2015, 03:03
The key is to use the Big X button on the Xbox One to shut down by holding it until the console shuts off. Then remove the external power plug from the wall (or at least the wall-side connector).

Wait until the entire power is drained from the power pack itself. It is normally white when On, orange in stand-by or still containing power. It only takes 10 seconds or so to make sure it is all drained.

Connect the external electrical power again, then start up the console, sign on to Xbox Live. Give it a couple minutes after you sign in, then highlight (don't select) the Project CARS section and use the triple-horizontal button, and select Manage Game. You should now see the game is 18.5 GB. IF it is updating at the time, do nothing else, even if it says "Ready to play." Wait for it to complete.

Thank the lord for the Internet. Haha.. Ty. After forcing it off on console, removing power to the pack in the back and rebooting it was 18.4gbs. Then added a car pack and bumped to 18.5.

Thanks again

Snowowl
23-05-2015, 03:17
There you go. Step-by-step, it is easy.

Haiden
23-05-2015, 03:27
If you're connected to the Internet when you install the game, it will find the update, but won't install it. Install the game offline. Remove the disc and do a hard reset/reboot. Then reinsert the disc and start the game. It should find the update and install it then. After the update was installed, I had to do another hard reset before my installation size showed 18.5 GB.

the stig.
23-05-2015, 04:57
Mine still is at 18.4 after a week. I guess it's just liveries I'm missing?