PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone, new here, Important Question!

Nas-Escobar
15-05-2015, 11:50
Finally getting my Project Cars later today. Been hyped for this game for well over a year and of course, was very frustrated with the delays.

For the last three days I've been reading reviews from fans as well as game sites like game-spot and I G N.

Which now has me contemplating and needing to know; "Is this game worth getting"?:(

Hoping for your response(s) and honest opinion(s). Thank you kindly.

BigDipper
15-05-2015, 12:11
Yes it is......
Nothing more too say.

xLeper_Messiah
15-05-2015, 12:17
If you are like me and have been playing console driving games (Gran Turismo since #1, Forza since #1 as well) and have always wished those games had more of a focus on real motorsports then yes it's a no-brainer!

Not to say it doesn't have any issues or missing features, but as a new franchise it can only get better from here...and as it is now it's already really damn good!

Nas-Escobar
15-05-2015, 12:19
Alright. Thanks guys.

I'm just concerned about the controls and the physics of the cars. It seems to be a major complaint, as people are saying it's unplayable? Or you must invest in a driving wheel and that cars are extremely hard to handle even with assists on.

I'm like this should not be. Racing cars shouldn't be so hard to drive / handle and I'm really disappointed with these complaints I'm hearing / reading.

Pink_650S
15-05-2015, 12:29
I'm using a Controller and l have no troubles competing online. The leaderboards are an indicator too, where Controller- and Wheel-Users share the Top 10 positions regularly.

If you are a real motorsport fan and you have no problem with investing blood and sweat, then you will definitely love and cherish this game. In my eyes, this game sets the bar very high for future console racing games.

But dont expect to master the game within few hours. It really needs determination to keep up with the greatest drivers. But once there, the reward is even sweeter (;

PS: Yes, it has minor issues and bugs, but nothing gamebreaking. And you can be sure that the devs are working on fixing them.

xLeper_Messiah
15-05-2015, 12:34
No the cars are definitely capable of being controlled with a DS4, but you do need to tweak the settings a bit and use some finesse on the thumbstick. I turned the dead zone down to 5 on steering, throttle & brake, and put the sensitivity at 15 for steering and 20 for throttle & brake. I also put it on mode 2.

Play around with different settings, read some of the threads on here about setting up a controller and you'll find something that will work for you. Do be prepared to practice though and don't be discouraged if you find it difficult at first; trust me you can be just as fast as wheel users with a bit of skill!

Pablo2008jedi
15-05-2015, 12:37
Go to a store and try it of you are that concerned.

The controller issues are really personable, you either like it or hate.

the game has its issues, but these will be fixed....sometime.

Pisshead30
15-05-2015, 12:38
Buy the game its as simple as that. Ive always played racing games from the original gran turismo to colin mcrae rally,toca and forza this is the best yet.
It is however very challenging but the simple solution is to adjust the settings accordingly just like any other new game you get and increase the difficulty as u get better

bent_toe
15-05-2015, 12:41
Read/watch some reviews.

Arne Saknussen
15-05-2015, 14:02
Its already awesome and bound to get even better. Stay with the controler, its fine. Graduate to a wheel if you feel the need. I think some people are so used to playing one way and expect all other games to react the same, thus, some frustration.

vipco
15-05-2015, 14:39
Definitely worth getting , and it even plays well with a DS4 pad. I was that fed up with PS4 racing games such as Drive Club, etc, that before P.CARS came out I bought a X-One with Forza 5 just for something a bit more serious to get my kicks . Now I have P.CARS on PS4 I haven't went near my X-One and Forza 5 since . It really is a fantastic proper motor sport game . A 'must buy' imo.

MrStef85
15-05-2015, 15:21
Finally getting my Project Cars later today. Been hyped for this game for well over a year and of course, was very frustrated with the delays.

For the last three days I've been reading reviews from fans as well as game sites like game-spot and I G N.

Which now has me contemplating and needing to know; "Is this game worth getting"?:(

In one word: yes! If you are a racingfan, than this is a must buy.

HeeseyChelmet
15-05-2015, 15:41

Honestly? Absolutely. If you're a racing fan and want realism, get it! The bugs being reported are there yes, but not in the abundance you're seeing here. By that I mean, I've had it a week and had 1 bug I felt I needed to report. What makes it worse is some people leave 'feedback' in an immature and petulant manner rather than be constructive and help the devs. No software is ever 100% bug free on release or in life cycle. The overall enjoyment of the game far out ways the issues which are reported and will be worked on.

Nas-Escobar
16-05-2015, 03:11
Thank you so much for the response everyone! Much appreciated:)

Will post tomorrow and tell you my first impressions :cool: