PDA

View Full Version : Saving Car Setuups?

gbm
15-05-2015, 12:02
I haven't tinkered with changing things in my cars yet, but if I do, can I save the changes I made for future play?

Or do I have to do it every time I chose that car?

Max Kelly
15-05-2015, 12:46
You can save a setup at a time

gbm
15-05-2015, 12:57
You can save a setup at a time

Cool. I was hoping so.

Kato217
15-05-2015, 13:18
I have tried saving setups, and don't understand exactly how it works.

In Free Practice, I have changed the Aston V8 Vantage GT4 tires from default to "Soft Slicks", saved it, and when you return to the garage after a few test laps, the changes were retained. That's fine.

However, after returning to the same track after exiting the game, the default setup returned.

Question 1: Do you have to recreate setups every time you reload the game?

Question 2: In Free Practice, I see nowhere to load an existing setup (only the ability to save an edited setup, or reset to default).

In the "My Garage" screen I can edit a setup, and save in a Location group of "All" or "Circuit".

Question 3: Since it seems I can only save one setup per car at a time (since there seems to be no ability to name different setups), why distinguish between "All" and Circuit".

Thanks!

DozUK
15-05-2015, 14:14
I have tried saving setups, and don't understand exactly how it works.

In Free Practice, I have changed the Aston V8 Vantage GT4 tires from default to "Soft Slicks", saved it, and when you return to the garage after a few test laps, the changes were retained. That's fine.

However, after returning to the same track after exiting the game, the default setup returned.

Question 1: Do you have to recreate setups every time you reload the game?

Question 2: In Free Practice, I see nowhere to load an existing setup (only the ability to save an edited setup, or reset to default).

In the "My Garage" screen I can edit a setup, and save in a Location group of "All" or "Circuit".

Question 3: Since it seems I can only save one setup per car at a time (since there seems to be no ability to name different setups), why distinguish between "All" and Circuit".

Thanks!

I think (And I could be wrong about this) when you save a set up as a circuit, it will name it internally for that car so when you go that circuit with that car, that set up will be automatically loaded. Therefore you can save a set up for each circuit per car without needing to name it.

I presume that if you save a set up for a car as "all", this will supersede any of the other track specific ones when you go to a track.

gbm
15-05-2015, 15:41
I'd like to know more about this too.

I have a friend coming over this weekend who will probably tweak the sh*t out of each and every car, lol, I'll want to know how to retain those changes.