PDA

View Full Version : annoying tyre screech, lack of audio options

TopAirspace
15-05-2015, 13:23
I love absolutely everything about the game apart from the lack of individual sound sliders, a lot of the cars drive me up the wall with the over the top and down right obnoxious sound of the tyre screech / scrubing when cornering, particularly evident when using the Mustang Super Sedans... ahh man it drives me bonkers.... any word of weather individual sound sliders are going to be patched in? I find it odd that a game that offers so much customisation can offer so little in terms of individual sound adjustment.

Umer Ahmad
15-05-2015, 13:32
Yes it has been discussed to introduce individual sound slider. Nothing more than written words at this time however, more pressing issues at the moment

MaXKiLLz
15-05-2015, 13:40
I totally agree. Some of the interior tires sounds are quite awful. Sounds like sandpaper continuously going across a piece of wood. Whoever was the lead in that area of the game's development must have never sat inside a race car while it's going around turns at high speed.

goon
15-05-2015, 13:46
It's alright for you lot, I can't hear the tyre sounds at all!

donpost
15-05-2015, 14:10

I was going to say! If anything they should be louder!

Hopefully we will get a slider one day :)

MaXKiLLz
15-05-2015, 14:15
Just to clarify. Some of the cars have barely audible tire sound or none at all. Other cars have the very loud "sandpaper" tire sounds.

Mahjik
15-05-2015, 14:45
Other cars have the very loud "sandpaper" tire sounds.

That's is the "scrubbing" sound. If you've never heard it, you've never sat in a real race car. Slicks don't make squealing sounds until they are beyond their slip angle (i.e. someone spinning). Street/treaded tires will, but not slicks. Slicks will just have a scrubbing sound as they slide/scrub speed.

Mr Akina
15-05-2015, 15:00
That's is the "scrubbing" sound. If you've never heard it, you've never sat in a real race car. Slicks don't make squealing sounds until they are beyond their slip angle (i.e. someone spinning). Street/treaded tires will, but not slicks. Slicks will just have a scrubbing sound as they slide/scrub speed.

[XB1 player] There doesn't seem much tyre noise in general. On the road cars, driving the 1M, there's plumes of smoke from the rear as I slide around, but no sound. I agree about the slicks "scrubbing" though, I've had them squealing at Silverstone in real life - It's a sound you don't want to be hearing lol.

TopAirspace
15-05-2015, 15:40
Correct, but my point is that in some of the cars the Audible scrubbing noise is far far to loud

Kruleworld
27-05-2015, 05:44
to me the sounds are the same between tire scrubbing and tire skidding. so a stressed tire sounds the same as having them locked up.

apexatspeed
27-05-2015, 05:55
I actually wanted them to be louder. It gives me a better feel for when tires are losing grip. If we could get a slider to adjust the sound it would be pretty cool, but I assume SMS wants the sound to be similar to it is in real life.

I don't know whether you are on PC, Xbone, or PS4. On the PS4 version you can adjust sound effects, engine noise, music, and things like that in the settings menu.

vicdavery
27-05-2015, 08:54
Whoever was the lead in that area of the game's development must have never sat inside a race car while it's going around turns at high speed.

Care to share with us which race cars you have sat inside while going round turns at high speed?

And sorry, other sims do not count as real experience.

Bealdor
27-05-2015, 08:56
Care to share with us which race cars you have sat inside while going round turns at high speed?

And sorry, other sims do not count as real experience.

He can't anymore obviously.

MULTIVITZ
27-05-2015, 11:09
Tuning by ear can be a different experience from one car to the next, its quite normal. Individualised sound levels is a must, my surround sound picks up every little noise and my tv is dull by comparison. My nieghbour moans about it sometimes too!:rolleyes:

townnet
27-05-2015, 15:33
Yes it has been discussed to introduce individual sound slider. Nothing more than written words at this time however, more pressing issues at the moment Please bring back missing sound in replay mode, especially cockpit view transmission sound.

Umer Ahmad
27-05-2015, 15:39
Problem is adding back those sounds to replays will enlarge the replay files and require more disk I/O and already some systems are having trouble with the existing level of disk I/O. There is also a "max" file size for the replay files and you could fill it quickly with too much sound/physics data being recorded.

Stay tuned. It's an interesting topic for sure.

townnet
28-05-2015, 10:54
Problem is adding back those sounds to replays will enlarge the replay files and require more disk I/O and already some systems are having trouble with the existing level of disk I/O. There is also a "max" file size for the replay files and you could fill it quickly with too much sound/physics data being recorded.

Stay tuned. It's an interesting topic for sure. Hi, how about the missing START ENGINE/IGNITION sound effect? I don't think it need big resource to do that. Lol.

k.merse
28-05-2015, 18:05
I think it s much better than many other titles where you just can't get enough feedback from the tires because they have barely audible sounds. As you don't sit in the cr to feel te G forces, sounds become the most important indicators of your pace, especially in the corners.

flymar
28-05-2015, 18:24
Hi, how about the missing START ENGINE/IGNITION sound effect? I don't think it need big resource to do that. Lol. You just need to rent about 70 cars for the recording then mix it with other sounds so they not sound out of place. No biggie. When do you want it? Tomorrow?

Roger Prynne
28-05-2015, 20:42
All engine sounds by the way are real recordings from the actual cars with mics placed in the correct places and it takes a lot of time and expertise to get them and then inserted into the game
So please don't knock our sound engineers as they have put their heart and sole into this.

eddyg123
28-05-2015, 21:27
All engine sounds by the way are real recordings from the actual cars with mics placed in the correct places and it takes a lot of time and expertise to get them and then inserted into the game
So please don't knock our sound engineers as they have put their heart and sole into this.

Amazing appreciate all the hard work. So that is why they are the best sounds in a game.

Surprising as that is what was said about GT !!!! Ha nice vacuum cleaners

townnet
29-05-2015, 14:18
You just need to rent about 70 cars for the recording then mix it with other sounds so they not sound out of place. No biggie. When do you want it? Tomorrow?

I mean no need big file size to do that.

thejohnnewton
29-05-2015, 15:40

Same here, are my tires starting to slide? Who knows, can't hear a thing, quietest tires ever made.