PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Nutz

lF A R V A
15-05-2015, 13:46
Has anyone been having problems with jammed wheel nuts during pit stops? My buddy who uses a wheel says it never happens to him but it almost always happens to me when I pit and I use a controller. Does this happen to you and are you using a wheel or gamepad.

Neallyy
15-05-2015, 13:50
It happens to me too and I use a controller. It doesn't happen every time I put, but when it happens I usually 'lose a wheel nut' three times in a row before being released.

totlxtc
15-05-2015, 14:17
Nothing worse than jammed nuts

lF A R V A
15-05-2015, 14:31
Nothing worse than jammed nuts

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

My buddy had a battery issue in the McLaren P1 and I've also had a problem with refueling

D1rty Duck UK
15-05-2015, 14:35
Seems constant on my pit stops. Every time I go into the pits I'm dreading here about the wheel nut. Then the stupid man at the front of the car jumps the wrong side into the traffic and I drive through him.

Another thing broken in game

stux
15-05-2015, 14:44
Only happened once to me, but when it did, the stig told me three times about it

lF A R V A
15-05-2015, 14:50
Dirty duck what system are you using?

Sp4mD4gger
15-05-2015, 14:56
:
Has anyone been having problems with jammed wheel nuts during pit stops? My buddy who uses a wheel says it never happens to him but it almost always happens to me when I pit and I use a controller. Does this happen to you and are you using a wheel or gamepad.

Yup, on a few occasions my nuts got jammed:mad:

g33k hack3rs
15-05-2015, 15:00
Driving with a wheel and this happens about every second pit stop. They should have a training program for the crew 'cause this is getting frustrating! Maybe higher classes with more professional crews will have less issues, not sure since I'm driving Ginetta Juniors in career at the moment.

D1rty Duck UK
15-05-2015, 15:31
I'm on xbox one mate.

I noticed last night on a dry bath hurst track doing a gt4 main race that my wheel but jammed and also the default tyres where extreme wets on a bone dry track. This was the default pit strategy as well so now I check when hitting pit lane to make sure they aren't putting stupid tyres

D1rty Duck UK
15-05-2015, 15:31
I'm on xbox one mate.

I noticed last night on a dry bath hurst track doing a gt4 main race that my wheel but jammed and also the default tyres where extreme wets on a bone dry track. This was the default pit strategy as well so now I check when hitting pit lane to make sure they aren't putting stupid tyres

the dark one
15-05-2015, 15:32
What do expect when there's only one pit man... Give the poor guy some credit lol!

Phishfinger
15-05-2015, 15:57
Every time I've had this it's been after I've mangled the front end of the car and the wheel's come off. I wonder if it's dependent on a certain amount of damage?

cuzzo20
15-05-2015, 16:48
I have had this happen about every pit stop, although last night I had a stop where I had a clutch issue. I don't think I have ever had a clean pit stop.

FOSTBITTEN
15-05-2015, 18:24
I took the lead in a 30 lap race at Le Mans because it started to rain and I stayed out while the other cars pitted. I was struggling pretty bad anyway so the rain just made it worse. I came in to pit that lap and when I pitted the rain stopped so I just stayed on the dry tires. Then the dreaded wheel nut problems happened. When I got back I was in 4th. The other guys are still on wets and it is now dry. So they had to pit again. Long story short I think I may have won because while I was stuck in the pits while the track was drying and making the other drivers pit again. If it sounds confusing that is because I was still confused for a bit afterward too.

tux1234
15-05-2015, 22:37
Ive had it a few times, not often. Only thing ive not actually had is a mechanical problem.