PDA

View Full Version : Neutral is not recognised on XBO (when using CSS connect to CSWv2)

Fanatest
15-05-2015, 14:18
Hi,

Tested (and posted this previously in the wrong section /PS4 section) so moving it here ;)

I just checked the "known issues" section and can't see it listed anywhere.

Currently (from my testing) I am unable to get the XBO to recognise "neutral" from the H pattern shifter CSSv1.5

Setup:
CSPv2/CSSv1.5 and CSWv2
Auto clutch is disabled
Using any vehicle with a manual H pattern shifter, the neutral position is not recognised.

Move the equipment over the PS4 (by simply unplugging and reconnect the USB)
And under the same setup, conditions, car etc the neutral position is recognised correctly.

At the moment I am forced to run with auto clutch enabled on XBO because of this.

PorscheFanatic7
08-06-2015, 17:27
I am experiencing this same issue with almost the same setup (I have the CSR Elite pedals, all else the same). I'm also using the Xbox One hub, which Fanatest doesn't mention but I assume that's what he/she must be using as well.

Tip for Fanatest: I don't find that I need to use auto clutch because of this issue. I just use the clutch pedal more than would otherwise be needed. If the game doesn't recognize I'm in the correct gear, I switch to a different gear then go back to the one in which I wanted to be (while using the clutch pedal of course). Not ideal but not awful for me at the moment.

A few more issues with my setup:
1. after a car spin/crash in which the engine stalls (not sure if the engine needs to stall to reproduce, will edit if I can refine the repro steps), the wheel goes full lock to one side and bounces on the rotation limit
2. sometimes on race/event exits, the wheel goes full lock (very quickly) to one side (no bouncing though)

These issues are not terribly frustrating for me, just slightly annoying. And mostly when I have friends try it out and need to explain to them what bugs to expect, because they surely crash and experience number 1 :P. Overall, I am loving Project Cars on Xbox One with my new Fanatec setup :D.

Thanks in advance devs for any attention to these issues :)

Fanatest
08-06-2015, 18:39
Hi,

I was indeed using the HUB ;)

I reported these issues, however no fix has been issued yet :(
They were not picked up by anyone else during testing and therefore fixes have not yet been issued by SMS.

I have furnished the team with a full set of replication data so they can replicate these issues time after time (videos/text and logs have all been provided) so I hope they are fixed in the next patch.

Funnily enough the other issues you mention were also reported by myself on launch day, and I am also pushing to get these fixed too.

For me these are game braking bugs, but it's currently just lil ole me vs the world ;)

Issysdad
08-06-2015, 18:57
I have the same, but for the TH8a. The only way for me to get any car fully in to neutral is to do it on the paddles.

Fanatest
08-06-2015, 19:56
Good to know it affects all shifters not just fanatec (although not great for manual shifter users of course)
It's a large oversight in my opinion, but hopefully SMS will pick this up and fix it.

At the time of reporting this issue, I believe I was the only one who noticed it, so it's great to get voices together so we can push to get this fixed.

Having no neutral in a driving sim is a big issue to me as I'm constantly stalling, have issues shifting, trouble starting (on a hill) etc. unless (as you say) I use the flappy paddles... But that feels wrong in some cars :(

PorscheFanatic7
08-06-2015, 21:36
At the time of reporting this issue, I believe I was the only one who noticed it, so it's great to get voices together so we can push to get this fixed.

At the time you reported the issues, I think you may have been the only one with an Xbox One hub with which to notice them....are you a beta tester perhaps? :O

Which brings me to my next question: in reporting issues (1) and (2) that I mentioned above, did you send bug reports and replication data to the SMS team via a medium other than this forum? If you did use this forum, please kindly point me to the correct threads so I can add my voice (text) to the issues :).

I'm sorry these issues are game breaking for you. I guess I'm just so happy I'm not using a controller that I don't mind them as much :P. It would be nice to get them fixed sooner rather than later, though.

EDIT: I just noticed your signature, which says you are in fact a beta tester. Hopefully as more people get their hubs these issues will gain more attention

Fanatest
10-06-2015, 15:31
Any chance we can get this added to the known bugs thread?

A car racing simulation with "No neutral when using H pattern shifters" is a real pain ;)

Benja190782
10-06-2015, 16:02
I got the same issue with my TH8A shifter - no neutral!

Sankyo
11-06-2015, 09:23
Guys, when you report a bug like this, include all relevant information and repro steps. In this case, for example, it is very important to state which car(s) show(s) the issue. For example, if you're seeing this in cars that have a sequential gearbox but you're using an H-shifter with them, this would already be a strong hint where the issue may be located.

Fanatest
11-06-2015, 09:57
Hey Remco,

It's any car with a H pattern gear box (as stated in my replication instructions in the OP) ;) Focus, Clio, Megan whatever you want really...

I sent a video of this into the team using the XBO and displaying the differences in behaviour between platforms.

I did this about a month ago, not sure if it's been passed on to the internal (SMS) team yet though, however I listed it here at about the same time (this thread is a month old) and still we have "No Neutral" on any vehicles that use a manual H pattern shifter :confused:

It's a real nuisance when racing on XBO, but more surprisingly is how few people/racers must actually use a H pattern shifter. I noticed and logged this on launch day, yet 1 month later hardly anyone else has actually noticed that they can't actually manually change gear correctly, can't park the car up, can't start a race effectively etc etc etc ... isn't that surprising? :D

For funzies:
Pick a car... any car... (With a H pattern shifter) and i'll make a video for you ;)
Comparison of vehicle on PS4 vs XBO displaying the difference in gearing/shifting/clutch etc if that helps ;)

I'll be using the hardware posted in the OP and will follow the exact method posted. I will post both PS4 and XBO versions of the vehicle/video with telemetry up on screen too ;)

Benja190782
11-06-2015, 19:23
Guys, when you report a bug like this, include all relevant information and repro steps. In this case, for example, it is very important to state which car(s) show(s) the issue. For example, if you're seeing this in cars that have a sequential gearbox but you're using an H-shifter with them, this would already be a strong hint where the issue may be located.

Okay, I can't remember how the GT3 cars react, because they have the sequential gearbox - but I can confirm that many Road Cars has no neutral gear. Just take the Ruf RGT-8f for a spin and it won't go to neutral.

Fanatest
15-06-2015, 15:03
Hey Remco
Have you been able to test this yet, do you need a video etc. Currently Neutral is still not supported on XBO With a H pattern shifter which renders my shifter and my clutch useless :(

Fanatest
25-06-2015, 18:24
FYI

This has been fixed in Patch 2.0
It is specifically mentioned in the patch notes under the XBO section ;)

Reason for the FYI:
It was never added to the known issues thread, so users may be unaware of its presence and it's fixed status ;)