PDA

View Full Version : Please post your car tuning setups for us newbies here.

Irvin Parrett
15-05-2015, 14:32
Please post your car tuning setups for us newbies as I am one of those newbies.
It would very, very, very appreciated if you great car setup persons would post the car and tuneup specs. I am having a very tough time with setups and am at the Road Class Cars. Thanks and appreciation for you.

Sp4mD4gger
15-05-2015, 14:43
Please post your car tuning setups for us newbies as I am one of those newbies.
It would very, very, very appreciated if you great car setup persons would post the car and tuneup specs. I am having a very tough time with setups and am at the Road Class Cars. Thanks and appreciation for you.

I hope this idea works for you, but a large part of the game is about tuning, and a lot of tuners will not give their tunes away, as it is very time consuming, best of luck.

hkraft300
15-05-2015, 21:54
Check out the tuning guides on this section of the forum. Some helpful videos, explanations and guides.

Something a lot of people don't realise is tuning is very personal and comes down to personal preference/ driving style.

Some guys like an oversteer setup and it gets them fast times. You may prefer an understeer setup so it won't suit you.

Personally I prefer a wild rear end xD

NVI0U5
15-05-2015, 22:06
Check out the tuning guides on this section of the forum. Some helpful videos, explanations and guides.

Something a lot of people don't realise is tuning is very personal and comes down to personal preference/ driving style.

Some guys like an oversteer setup and it gets them fast times. You may prefer an understeer setup so it won't suit you.

Exactly what Hk said I have a formula a tune for ppl to use but is setup for how I prefer driving.
Tuned setups are tailormade what may work for one may not work for another, its just experimenting and finding out what works for you. There's no magic tune its practice and r&d

hkraft300
21-05-2015, 15:17
I'm terrible with road and GT cars at the moment. Haven't driven them much so don't have a tune to share. Spending most of my time with FA and LMP cars.

The GT3 aren't as much fun as I'd hoped.

I like the Gumpert.

This one is pretty basic but goes alright:-

RWD P30 LMP1 @ Bathurst
(Numbers go top to bottom of each setup page, symmetrical for L/R)
Tire pressures 1.70 bar F/R

Brakes 90, 60, 40

Downforce 7/7, bias 52

Alignment 13.5, 7.5, -2.4, -2.0, -0.2, 0.2

Suspension 65, 75, 150, 120, 300, 30

Bump stops 5mm x4

Dampers 10500, 9900, 3000, 3000, 11500, 11500, 3500, 3500

Diff 25, 50, 0, 10, 95

Gears 2.92 2.84 2.23 1.194 1.72 1.47 1.34

And full boost xD

Got 1:54.011 #37 on PS4 time trial ;D

Need to find a spare USB stick to copy screenshots from my PS4...

MULTIVITZ
22-05-2015, 11:34

Well yes and no. I belive an axle loses grip for a reason, with the invention of anti roll bars it has made chassis dynamics compicated to understand. These race cars have different suspension designs and have to be treated as such when adjustment in considered. When looking for maximum grip the cars aero devices have to be considered. Some cars naturally have one end superior to the other and getting the weak end working can influence the cars driving style preference. It's upto the tuner to make the cars drivable with grip, its up to the driver to know how how to drive it. The driver should know what the tuner knows and relay their findings, the tuner should know how to drive it and give advice. The car improves through the driver wanting to go faster by any means, the tuner spotting shortcomings in the cars handling and remedying by adjustment or advice. Sorry to bang on, I hope this helps.

hkraft300
24-05-2015, 09:57
Well yes and no. I belive an axle loses grip for a reason, with the invention of anti roll bars it has made chassis dynamics compicated to understand. These race cars have different suspension designs and have to be treated as such when adjustment in considered. When looking for maximum grip the cars aero devices have to be considered. Some cars naturally have one end superior to the other and getting the weak end working can influence the cars driving style preference. It's upto the tuner to make the cars drivable with grip, its up to the driver to know how how to drive it. The driver should know what the tuner knows and relay their findings, the tuner should know how to drive it and give advice. The car improves through the driver wanting to go faster by any means, the tuner spotting shortcomings in the cars handling and remedying by adjustment or advice. Sorry to bang on, I hope this helps.

What you're saying only applies in this context. What I'm saying is - you and I could have the same pace, but have different setups for the same car, same track. I might find your setup too over-steery, and vice versa. Go ahead and copy my tune I'm sure you'll find areas to improve. I'm also happy for you to bring me back my setup and say "hey, I keep spinning on 2nd gear out of this corner" or "the steering is a bit nervous/darty" I'll suggest the changes for you - you gotta then run a few laps on the new setup and tell me how you like it.

You're the driver. I'm the tuner. I can present to you a well setup car, but the fine-tuning has to come from you to personalise to your driving style, so that you get the most enjoyment/performance from the car.

Srt8 300c
24-05-2015, 11:10
Check my renalt clio tune here.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26759-Renault-Clio-Tune&p=929240#post929240

hkraft300
24-05-2015, 17:27
RWD P30 LMP1 setups :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24381-RWD-P30-LMP1-tunes

MULTIVITZ
25-05-2015, 09:12
What you're saying only applies in this context. What I'm saying is - you and I could have the same pace, but have different setups for the same car, same track. I might find your setup too over-steery, and vice versa. Go ahead and copy my tune I'm sure you'll find areas to improve. I'm also happy for you to bring me back my setup and say "hey, I keep spinning on 2nd gear out of this corner" or "the steering is a bit nervous/darty" I'll suggest the changes for you - you gotta then run a few laps on the new setup and tell me how you like it.

You're the driver. I'm the tuner. I can present to you a well setup car, but the fine-tuning has to come from you to personalise to your driving style, so that you get the most enjoyment/performance from the car.

As a driver you can't just say I want oversteer let me tweak it my way to get it how I like it!! You do it that way and you'll be fine having fun dicking over your mates. If you have a car that has been carefully tuned over a lot of terrain to give an allround performance compromise, then altering the tune has to be done in the best way that suits the tune/car/track. I can think of dozens of ways to get a car, or tune to oversteer I really can, some of the methods are magic to those who have never seen them! All I'm trying to say is a chassis is complex and a tuner should know this, most drivers do and casual ones tend to shy away from understanding it. Just give me da tune, I'll alter the brake pressure OMG what have you done!!!!

MULTIVITZ
25-05-2015, 09:30
I not saying you're wrong, I'm just trying to broaden your horizon a little with my point of views. Some setups are so far from optimum they need a total rework, I like to finish a race before my tyres give up lol. I'm far far far from a newbie, but I don't like driving a car that handles like 'it don't feel right to me'! Because of this, it limits what I can enjoy. If I really like a car and its setup, I will drive competitivly on line. If I get my ass handed to me and I thought it was the car not holding up, then I go away and find out the problem. Because this game has excellent physics what you do has a realistic impact as a whole, unlike ALL previous sims I've played before. Hope I'm being clear. Thanks for reading.

hkraft300
25-05-2015, 16:20
Most definitely agree. It's the first "game" I'm enjoying tuning on. Although I'm mostly a tuning noob I do have a basic grasp of physics and what each parameter does in the setup screen.
I'm not the best driver and until I get a good FFB wheel, my setups will be questionable. It's why I request and encourage feedback on my setups - always need to learn and improve.
Ultimately we must abide by the laws of physics. Wheelspin isn't efficient or fast, but you and I may have slightly different driving style/method/line we take through a particular turn.
Hypothetically say you and I are test driving on a track in a car you've already set up. we both take the same line the whole track except one corner. At this corner you prefer to brake early and follow through an early virtual apex smoothly whereas I prefer braking later, turn it on the nose (bit of trailbraking I think its called) and get on the gas before the weight shift has settled.
I jump in your car, try my line and find on that particular turn the car isn't steady, and prefer a slightly lesser diff decel so I can trail brake a little and slightly softer rear. may be of no consequence to you or the rest of the track - but it allows me to be competitive :)
At the same time what I believe you're saying is that I, as a driver, should adapt my line through that turn - and I should if the changes for that 1 turn reduces the performance in the other 10.

PS I know that you know what you're talking about - hopefully we understand each other a little better now. More importantly, give my setup a crack and let me know what you think and any changes you might suggest :)

PTG Claret
25-05-2015, 19:16
This handles pretty nicely.

Tune is for the Clio around Oulten Park International using the wheel on Xbox.

I have decel diff around 20

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5327/17704549631_7166479e1b_z.jpg

MULTIVITZ
26-05-2015, 02:42
Just looking at the tune I can see it wouldn't work! The Clio has really good front camber control, my setup has close to zero front camber to get the power down. Mine don't oversteer either unless you left foot brake it. Find the highest diff setting it can handle and hold on tight!

PTG Claret
26-05-2015, 06:04
Well, I've been running it at high 2:20s on Brno and low 52s on Brands Indy, but I'll give the lower camber thing a try. With it as is though, I have no issues powering from just before the apex.

Lilwy88
27-05-2015, 00:20
yo whats up kraft. what are the odds of me finding a post from you on here lol. must be a sign of some sort

Lilwy88
27-05-2015, 00:35
Yes me and Hkraft have spent hours at practice on many circuits. What we've come to find out is that though we may have similar tuning according to the course, our driving styles are different. Therefore are setups have some differences. It is based off our driving styles. I may have my tuning set for oversteering and delayed braking while kraft may go for the more smoother turning starting from the wide end of the corner at a more early braking point with gradual pressure increases. Or vice versa

Its all based on preference
"Feel the car, Be the car"
Dualshock4. What is your excuse?

MULTIVITZ
28-05-2015, 08:51
Yes I see where you're comming from. If its a lobby tune the car will need to be maneuverable in traffic whilst racing and give a good lap time, whilst looking after its tyres!
Bit of a tall order, but not a tall story.
I think sharing tunes allows others to see how you drive, but the control settings can make or break a setup from someone else.

mjemec11
30-05-2015, 10:13
Anybody have a decent setup for the BMW M3 E30?

MULTIVITZ
31-05-2015, 02:06
M3 not yet. It scares me tbh.
Had an online race in one, it had been tweaked in practice, is too easy to drive, and the brakes kept grabing! Needs a proper seeing to.

MULTIVITZ
03-06-2015, 11:48
Just something I knocked up this morning, it's slammed so no kerb hopping!
This DTM would help someone in career, the brakes are hench, but don't come in to late as they can grab when hot! Something to easily adjust. Suited to smooth tracks imo205920

Brake pressure 99%, bias 57%, 44% duct.
Front wing 4.0, rear 14, weight bias 48%, 17.8 recommended steering ratio, LSD Accel 99%, Decel 40%, 200Nm Preload. 4.73 FINAL DRIVE. 40L Fuel. Mapping 5. Wine and dine sixtynine. Race tyres or race plus?

Kaliber
03-06-2015, 19:28
I hope this idea works for you, but a large part of the game is about tuning, and a lot of tuners will not give their tunes away, as it is very time consuming, best of luck.

Yeah no kidding. Why would I spend hours tweaking and testing to make a car go fast as possible just to give it away so anyone can use it to compete against me.

You would be better off asking for help with your own tunes rather than simply asking to copy other peoples hard work.

SchnauzahPowah
03-06-2015, 19:38
Nice info in here. I understand some folks keeping their tunes private though that was the one thing I liked about the Turn10 community was the eagerness to share tunes etc. But, PC's is nowhere near Forza, its on another planet. A very sweetass planet. More of a sim than arcade so testing, tuning, testing, practice, qualifying, racing. Its an accomplishment when you get it right so throwing it to the masses isn't appealing to most I guess.

MULTIVITZ
04-06-2015, 01:40
I can alway impove them. Its early days. Some like my setups some don't. At least they are there if someones getting frustrated with the defaults and hasn't got the time to tune. The clue is in the game title.

gotdirt410sprintcar
04-06-2015, 01:56
If guys are going to put tunes down say what your using controller or wheel. That will help out on the confusion of tunes

MULTIVITZ
04-06-2015, 02:03
Cool, I've said what I use loads of time here but the steering ratio sorts out the feel half the time. I will try to remember mate.
Did you try the DTM?

RobMUFC1987
04-06-2015, 04:03
This is only a problem at Dubai so far in GT3. I naturally always lower tyre pressures between 10-20 from default as this seems to stop overheating tyres. But at Dubai, the left tyres always overheat after 1 fast lap and I don't think it would be wise to lower the pressures on 1 side. Any way around this, or just keep lowing until the right side is just above going cold?

MULTIVITZ
04-06-2015, 08:06
No no no no no. I don't mean the hair remover. Some are over some are under inflated front and rear, with the default cars. Some can be just right! Wilfred said you have to drive them to find out what needs doing, dear of dear. Just be careful in this game nothing is black n white, we don't even get a checkered flag!!!

hkraft300
04-06-2015, 17:20
This is only a problem at Dubai so far in GT3. I naturally always lower tyre pressures between 10-20 from default as this seems to stop overheating tyres. But at Dubai, the left tyres always overheat after 1 fast lap and I don't think it would be wise to lower the pressures on 1 side. Any way around this, or just keep lowing until the right side is just above going cold?

what is the temperature difference between left and right? check the telemetry screen; you might be ok with a little pressure drop on the front left and careful driving. the difference could be 10-15C but until the next patch comes through I can't comment on the effects of tire wear.

RobMUFC1987
04-06-2015, 18:03
what is the temperature difference between left and right? check the telemetry screen; you might be ok with a little pressure drop on the front left and careful driving. the difference could be 10-15C but until the next patch comes through I can't comment on the effects of tire wear.

All I know is that the lefts turn red and the right rear goes red after 4 or so laps. Lose grip after 5 laps

hkraft300
04-06-2015, 18:56
set a button for your HUD in controller settings and flick through the HUD as you drive. the telemetry screen will show temperatures. they may be in the red by only a few degrees.
depending on the temperature you want to do something about it. if the setup feels good, instead of changing it, maybe try driving with a little more TLC for your tires :)

PS I get the same at Dubai in GT and formula cars, it's a bit weird like that. not too sure how to go about setups but I tend to drive around the problem as my temperatures aren't heaps different.

RobMUFC1987
04-06-2015, 19:02
set a button for your HUD in controller settings and flick through the HUD as you drive. the telemetry screen will show temperatures. they may be in the red by only a few degrees.
depending on the temperature you want to do something about it. if the setup feels good, instead of changing it, maybe try driving with a little more TLC for your tires :)

I thought about TLC, but the "overheating" occurs mainly in flat out corners, like Turn 3 and the penultimate corner

Edit - For info, it's in the Audi GT3, default set up except Front Tyre Pressure - 1.90, Rar Tyre Pressure - 1.85, Brake Pressure - 90%, and Brake Duct 70%. Brake Duct starts at 75, but I lower it to 70 to help with cold tyres

hkraft300
04-06-2015, 19:13
ah turn 3 and 15 on the Dubai GP track? They're long right turns that load up the front left a lot.

run your tires hot, get your telemetry up and send me the screenshot (PSN hkraft300) also maybe a screenshot of your setup summary screen and i'll help you sort it :)

maybe raise your speed sensitivity setting in options? it'll regulate your steering angle a little better, if you're on a controller.

i get the same problem driving the Formula A's hard then I have to take it easy to cool the tires a little. but its not so bad that I lose the tires after 5 laps. GT3 tires last a fair bit longer than formula tires too.

RobMUFC1987
04-06-2015, 19:18
ah turn 3 and 15 on the Dubai GP track? They're long right turns that load up the front left a lot.

run your tires hot, get your telemetry up and send me the screenshot (PSN hkraft300) also maybe a screenshot of your setup summary screen and i'll help you sort it :)

maybe raise your speed sensitivity setting in options? it'll regulate your steering angle a little better, if you're on a controller.

i get the same problem driving the Formula A's hard then I have to take it easy to cool the tires a little. but its not so bad that I lose the tires after 5 laps. GT3 tires last a fair bit longer than formula tires too.

I'll add you, but pics will have to wait till tomorrow. I'm on controller, I'll send my controller settings. Edited my post with car set up

MULTIVITZ
05-06-2015, 18:53
I have to go out, but if anyone wants to finish it , diff max with min decel.brakes?