anti lock brakes yes
stability control yes
traction control yes

important car mods/full front+rear downforce/steering ratio full slow/
fuel load none at all/+use wet tyres cheat at the moment as wet tyres
are coming up better than slick giving more grip + better lap times

SnakeEyesX80
15-05-2015, 15:48
I just slightly tweaked the default settings and I can already feel the difference. Here's what I'm using:

Steering Dz - 15
Steering Sensi - 50

Throttle Dz - 10
Throttle Sensi - 30

Brake Dz - 10
Brake Sensi - 15

Clutch Dz - 10
Clutch Sensi - 45

Speed Sensi - 75
Cont Filter Sensi - 50

FFB - 100

Cont Input Mode - 3
Advanced - On
Soft Steer Damp - On
Visual Wheel Filtering - On
Opposite Lock Help - Off

Wheelzr
15-05-2015, 16:17
Sensitivity at 0 across the board seems to be a no brainer currently.

Still not sure on Speed Sensitivity and Controller filter. I can barely detect a difference with speed sensitivity between 20-100.

SnakeEyesX80
15-05-2015, 16:32
Sensitivity at 0 across the board seems to be a no brainer currently.

Still not sure on Speed Sensitivity and Controller filter. I can barely detect a difference with speed sensitivity between 20-100.

I'm trying to make it less twitchy. With speed sensi at 75 you don't have to keep correcting your steering at high speeds, but still gives you enough to make fine adjustments. You shouldn't have to keep moving the analog stick left and right to stay in a straight line at high speed. I'm still messing with the controller filter though. I'm gonna keep tweaking until it feels right to me.

9Lives
15-05-2015, 17:02
Am I the only person that uses steering sensitivity 50 with controller because anything less than 45 and I find the car doesn't turn properly? I turned it down to 40 yesterday after reading more 0 sensitivity with ds4 hype and nearly threw up on my controller after the 2nd bend.

Wheelzr
15-05-2015, 17:45
Am I the only person that uses steering sensitivity 50 with controller because anything less than 45 and I find the car doesn't turn properly? I turned it down to 40 yesterday after reading more 0 sensitivity with ds4 hype and nearly threw up on my controller after the 2nd bend.

I think you may be a 'tapper' style of player on the sticks? Logically if you use a high dead zone on a 45+ sensitivity you would get rapid wheel turning with a pretty thin taper.

Ofuscor
15-05-2015, 18:09
I think you may be a 'tapper' style of player on the sticks? Logically if you use a high dead zone on a 45+ sensitivity you would get rapid wheel turning with a pretty thin taper.

Either that or he uses a high speed sensitivity setting. That is why he is saying the car won´t turn with lower sensitivity settings.

Marcinguy
15-05-2015, 18:40

Either that or he uses a high speed sensitivity setting. That is why he is saying the car won´t turn with lower sensitivity settings.

I find that as a tapper myself the deadzone sensitivity is rather important too. I've got mine at 10 right now with 40 on the steering sensitivity and it feels ok, but still a little too loose at times. Like Ofuscor said, high speed sensitivity may be affecting the turning radius. If you brake too late into a corner with decent speed you will oversteer for sure. Had mine at 75 but I've now found better success with a 65 rating. I'm thinking of maybe turning it down a bit more to 60. I also heard the the Controller Filtering setting causes a feeling of input lag when set too high as well. I've got mine at 35 right now.

9Lives
15-05-2015, 19:19
No I don't tap and my speed sensitivity is 50 and control filtering at 45. My stick rarely touches the sides at this steering sensitivity. Has anyone made a top 300 time on a community event with steering sensitivity set to 0? Personally I would've thought tapping would put you at a disadvantage at a high steering sensitivit.

Krazee DD
15-05-2015, 19:39
Ok, so I went home on my lunch to try this setup out.

Ya....thanks. This is exactly what I needed.

I feel like I can leave the throttle on a bit more, have more control over my vehicle. Even throw it sideways every little bit haha

Rock on!

SnakeEyesX80
15-05-2015, 19:47

You know I went and changed my Steering Sensi to 50 along with keeping my above posted settings and it works extremely well for me. Not saying everyone will like it, but I'm finally comfortable with the handling and got rid of of the twitchy feeling. And I don't "tap", I'm smooth on the stick. I've even remapped the shifter to up/down on the Right Analog stick with the clutch on L1, works well.

Vo0N83
15-05-2015, 20:21
I found the following settings best for me. Probably too sensitive for most though

Controller input mode 2

Steering Deadzone 0
Steering Sensitivity 25
Throttle Deadzone 5
Throttle Sensitivity 5
Brake Deadzone 5
Brake Sensitivity 5

Speed Sensitivity 60
Controller Filtering Sensitivity 40

Advanced Settings off

Anti-lock brakes off
Stability control off