PDA

View Full Version : PS4 T300 Center Spring On - Any solutions from PS4 community?

joking_aura
15-05-2015, 14:52
I have spent the past several days trying to tune my FFB settings for my T300 wheel. I have found using the Jack Spade tweaker settings to be a good starting point. I have only set the Clio Cup car with these setting as this is where I want to start my Pcars career. The other night I was getting the FFB dialed in the way I think it ought to feel. However when I drove the same car yesterday evening the heavy jerky feeling came back. I tested the wheel to see if it was due to the center spring being on and low and behold that is the issue. (To test, bring car to a stop and turn wheel 90 degrees. Start rolling forward slowly. The wheel will snap back to center immediately. If the center sping was deactivated the wheel should turn slowly to center as an actual car would.) Until this issue is resolved with a patch, I may need to walk away from the game. The feedback I get from Driveclub is currently 100% better than Pcars at this time. I expected a true sim to take full advantage of my new wheel. I may as well be driving with a T80 at this point.

To the moderators: I feel that this should be the #1 priority and a fix be released in the first patch available to PS$ users. Please pass this along to other WMD members and the developer.

To Other PS4 T300 users: Have you found a way to disable the center spring? Please share your solution if you have found one. I was really enjoying getting a handle on this game, but this issue is just too frustrating to continue to deal with.

HeeseyChelmet
15-05-2015, 15:21
being able to disable the spring is logged on this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22495-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(PS4)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-14-05)

joking_aura
15-05-2015, 15:42
I have seen that. However, I have not seen a solution. I was curious if someone has found a creative way to fix it. I also wanted to emphasize the need to fix this issue first before some of the less game breaking bugs.

dvc
15-05-2015, 15:43
Lower Mz i think

morpwr
26-05-2015, 23:43
Lower Mz i think

That's not a fix its a band aid.I too have parked mine until the ffb works as it should.

CHULAPO_81
27-05-2015, 10:42
hello I have a problem with my steering wheel t300rs when I leave the pits after 5 minutes of spinning, the wheel is out FFB runs out of power, like a gum, it's like the engine to heat up and stop working, use files jack. does this have anything to do ?? someone else with him? I tried to drive to the club and FFB 100% and stays and project cars.

Voxen
27-05-2015, 12:26
I have spent the past several days trying to tune my FFB settings for my T300 wheel. I have found using the Jack Spade tweaker settings to be a good starting point. I have only set the Clio Cup car with these setting as this is where I want to start my Pcars career. The other night I was getting the FFB dialed in the way I think it ought to feel. However when I drove the same car yesterday evening the heavy jerky feeling came back. I tested the wheel to see if it was due to the center spring being on and low and behold that is the issue. (To test, bring car to a stop and turn wheel 90 degrees. Start rolling forward slowly. The wheel will snap back to center immediately. If the center sping was deactivated the wheel should turn slowly to center as an actual car would.) Until this issue is resolved with a patch, I may need to walk away from the game. The feedback I get from Driveclub is currently 100% better than Pcars at this time. I expected a true sim to take full advantage of my new wheel. I may as well be driving with a T80 at this point.

To the moderators: I feel that this should be the #1 priority and a fix be released in the first patch available to PS$ users. Please pass this along to other WMD members and the developer.

To Other PS4 T300 users: Have you found a way to disable the center spring? Please share your solution if you have found one. I was really enjoying getting a handle on this game, but this issue is just too frustrating to continue to deal with.

I'm new to racing sims so forgive me if I sound dumb.
I run pCars on PS4 using a T300RS and I don't quite understand what this center spring issue is.
I have no problem driving any car.
What is the difference with this center spring on and off?

muscular
28-05-2015, 05:43
Lowering the tire forces helps to alleviate the centering spring to quite an extend, I'm making do at 80% on mine until a fix arrives.

wyldanimal
28-05-2015, 17:18
I've talked to a few people about the FFB on the T300rs.
Some gave me strange reply's, which makes me think, not everyone understands what FFB is supposed to be.

A number of reply's were that they Wanted the Wheel to be very Strong and stiff, Like a car with out Power steering.
They don't care about the bumps and stuff, just that it feels like a real cars wheel.

So to Me, that suggests that, they Don't understand the Idea of FFB at all..

Your wheel, Should Not Just give resistance to turning it.

Your Wheel is Meant to send vibrations to your Hands, to let you Feel what is Happening between the Tires\car and the Road surface.
When you have good tire Grip the Wheel has resistance to your turning it. You feel the Grip...
when you start to loose or you lost grip, the wheel gets very light, very little resistance. You feel the Loss of grip...
When you Skid, the wheel gets light.. Loss of Grip...
If you hit a bump, your Wheel thumps.
If you Swerve, the Wheel Pushes back and forth, simulating the Weight of the car going back and forth.

If you have it set so strong, that all you have is Heavy resistance to turning the wheel.. That's not good FFB.

I prefer Medium to Light Strength, With Lots of FFB signals being sent to my hand.

to Use the Wheel, you must Maintain a Good Grip on the wheel.
The Wheel will Push at your Hands.. this is the FFB, you keep a grip and Feel what the wheel is trying to tell you.
Your grip must resist the Pushes against it.

Why, If you Let go of the Wheel It spins out of control back and forth... ???
The FFB it trying to work.. but there is Nothing now to resist the forces, and it over shoots each direction..

I think there are too many who want the wheel to Just Be strong Like a real car.
But Just having resistance to turning the wheel, that's not true FFB.

Good FFB must transmit to your hands and fingers, every detail about the car's connection to the Track.

wyldanimal
28-05-2015, 17:25

Have a look at my Post here.
See if trying the settings I posted helps.. ( Each car of course has to be tweeked to your liking though )
try it with the Audi in the GT3 class...
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27583-Can-t-feel-understeer-at-all-help!!&p=945220#post945220

muscular
28-05-2015, 17:36
I've talked to a few people about the FFB on the T300rs.
Some gave me strange reply's, which makes me think, not everyone understands what FFB is supposed to be.

Sounds like those who praise the T100, which I unfortunately still have it with me unsold as simulation driving isn't too big a thing here
in my country. That wheel only gives resistance, much like T80 without much FFB whatsoever, despite it being a electric powered FFB wheel.

No doubt the T300 is one overpriced machine, but i'm glad it performs like it did and I only hope for longevity of the wheel now. Meanwhile,
I have a feeling the game has caused some T300 to malfunction or break down due to the "uncontrollable" centering spring. I do agree that FFB is about feedbacks of the vehicle, more than just mere resistance of the wheel.

J4M35_R
28-05-2015, 17:37
Joking_aura i have the same wheel as you and the best fix for me now is to turn Deadzone Removal Falloff to 10.

I use Jack Spade bumps ffb settings, tire force 75, steering deadzone 0 and I find the problem more manageable for now until the option to switch it off permanently comes, if ever.

Give it ago..

CHULAPO_81
29-05-2015, 07:54
Hi !! I also think the game t300 damaged my steering wheel. Jack use files and provided with any car I go to spin to test different folders Jack and 3.4 turns the steering wheel FFB runs out. sometimes when I enter the box it gets hard again but nothing else to do around, put back soft. It is updated to the V24 firmware.

embe71
29-05-2015, 09:09
There is no way unless there will be such an option ingame. And I agree: It ruins the whole driving experience and fiddling with the other ffb-settings to compensate it is no good compromise because you weaken ffb-effects the same time when e.g. reducing tire-force to a greater extend.
It's a bit a shame that actually the more "arcade game" Driveclub provides a better feeling when driving because in this game center spring is turned off. I hope they'll fix this ASAP. Untill then I won't touch the game anymore.