PDA

View Full Version : Update !!

xxBENxx
15-05-2015, 15:25
Hello

It's been over a week now and no patch. how long does it take from Sms testing to Bandai testing to Microsoft testing till its available.

It is becoming quite annoying being told its at testing one day then the next day and the day after. then to be told its being tested by someone else then to be told its being tested by Microsoft. is this just passing the buck.

I'm surprised nobody has taken legal action, a solicitor would love a case like this knowing that they would win.

The forum has just been overloaded with complaints with random answers and being told its on its way is like being told its going to snow when your in the summer, its coming, its coming but you have to wait till winter.

WMD_ols
15-05-2015, 15:27
We have been told that MS have the patch and that it takes them "as long as it takes" for it to pass testing and get pushed out to consoles.

totlxtc
15-05-2015, 15:28
It's not SMS's fault what so ever. They have to follow procedures. MS have the right to test the patch. What if the patch bought down Xbox live? Where would we be then.

Be patient. It will be sorted soon. It won't kill you to wait a few more days ;)

OneBadHuskerFan
15-05-2015, 15:30
Dumb thread of the day nominee. Easy to tell somebody's age when they start throwing around the "legal action" threats.

xxBENxx
15-05-2015, 15:33
It's not SMS's fault what so ever. They have to follow procedures. MS have the right to test the patch. What if the patch bought down Xbox live? Where would we be then.

Be patient. It will be sorted soon. It won't kill you to wait a few more days ;)

if you spent you money on food and was told you have to wait for the food to be tested which will take a week, how would you feel? Happy jolly good.
Any other game that need a patch has been done with days if not hrs. a week tho come on all this should of been done before it was made available.

Look at it this way, you buy a car you get the car but for a week the car keeps breaking down, you'd be happy about that would you?

phoenix8000
15-05-2015, 15:33
We have been told that MS have the patch and that it takes them "as long as it takes" for it to pass testing and get pushed out to consoles.

Just a pity MS didnt "take as long as it takes" to test the original release

xxBENxx
15-05-2015, 15:34
Dumb thread of the day nominee. Easy to tell somebody's age when they start throwing around the "legal action" threats.

I didn't threat them, Read it correctly.'

totlxtc
15-05-2015, 15:35
Slightly Mad Studios (Developer) makes patch to fix issues > Passes to Bandai Namco (Publisher) for testing. They will test to see if this does what the developer has said is implemented. > Microsoft (System owner) will test for network stability/issues which maybe caused. If issues are found then passed back to developer and starts cycle again.

xxBENxx
15-05-2015, 15:36
So If microsoft come back and say they can not pass this patch your talking another week?

rffanatic
15-05-2015, 15:37
They have to be tested through the proper channels. There is nothing SMS can do about that. They've gotten the patch to MS, now you just have to wait. You want to patch to be right don't you? I do. Let MS test it and make sure it's going to work. God knows we don't want the fix to break the game more.

WMD_ols
15-05-2015, 15:38
if you spent you money on food and was told you have to wait for the food to be tested which will take a week, how would you feel? Happy jolly good.
Any other game that need a patch has been done with days if not hrs. a week tho come on all this should of been done before it was made available.

Look at it this way, you buy a car you get the car but for a week the car keeps breaking down, you'd be happy about that would you?

No, but you have to understand that the devs didn't release the game with the bugs intentionally, plus they have found a fix and are now waiting on MS to test the patch before pushing out to live consoles.

I.E - you're throwing your toys at the wrong people.

EDIT - damn i type slow.

totlxtc
15-05-2015, 15:39

Bad analogy there. If I had a car that broke down I could get another which would not have the issues. Manufacturing defects happen and it won't effect the whole line run (some instances it does and vehicle is recalled). Also software running on a system will have to be checked by various parties to get through the process. Like I wrote up with a breakdown of process...if it fails it goes back to the start.

Phishfinger
15-05-2015, 15:39
Hello

It's been over a week now and no patch. how long does it take from Sms testing to Bandai testing to Microsoft testing till its available.

It is becoming quite annoying being told its at testing one day then the next day and the day after. then to be told its being tested by someone else then to be told its being tested by Microsoft. is this just passing the buck.

I'm surprised nobody has taken legal action, a solicitor would love a case like this knowing that they would win.

The forum has just been overloaded with complaints with random answers and being told its on its way is like being told its going to snow when your in the summer, its coming, its coming but you have to wait till winter.

That's not what happened though, we were told about the whole patching process in one post. You might be getting confused because people have been asking about it every day since, even though the answer will obviously be the same. The process is the same for every game on Xbox so unless someone has never had a game with bugs in it, they'll be familliar with it already. It usually seems to take a week or two once the patch has been sent off for testing.

In the mean time there's still so much fun to be had with the game in its current state that waiting another week won't be a problem for most.

totlxtc
15-05-2015, 15:40
So If microsoft come back and say they can not pass this patch your talking another week?

I'm guessing so. If it fails it goes back into process. I seriously doubt it will as its not a network effecting fix more of a game engine fix.

D1rty Duck UK
15-05-2015, 15:55

Yes it is, it's there bloody game which they said was complete and went gold.

The fact that they have admitted to not testing and offloaded to a 3rd party is laughable.

It's there product, time to take resposibilty for releasing a game breaking bug in a game.

AsHeavenIsWide
15-05-2015, 15:59
Earliest you can expect any patch is late next week.

If the game doesent get fixed its shelved. Just vote with your wallet's and dont invest in any season pass or DLC until you see results and not text in a forum.

GRD 4 3L
15-05-2015, 16:14
SMS has listened and responded with a patch submission to Bandai/MS as quickly as they could.

Everyone is doing their due diligence to bring a good product/patch.

I've waited many years for PCARS, a few more days is not going to hurt that much. Until the patch comes out, going to go drive some more!

SpeedFreakDTM
15-05-2015, 16:20
Ive unfortunately been a customer of CodeMasters in the past, and EVERY game they release is full of the same bugs the previous game had. In my experience a Codemasters game is playable 6 months after they start selling it.

The best you get on the forum's is forum community managers giving vague information or none at all.

Ive never seen the head of the studio talking to the community on their forum, so I have to say it gives me confidence in SMS, to see the Head of the Studio updating us.

Ive been eagerly awaiting this game ever since I first saw a video of it, Yes its annoying paying for a game, and not being able to enjoy it fully, but everyone on the Xbox One, needs to realise IT WILL WORK EVENTUALLY I dont see the name "CodeMasters" anywhere, so I'm sure the patch will fix the problem and not cause even more.

Just wait a little longer. :)

ManOfNantucket
15-05-2015, 16:42
Ive unfortunately been a customer of CodeMasters in the past, and EVERY game they release is full of the same bugs the previous game had. In my experience a Codemasters game is playable 6 months after they start selling it.

The best you get on the forum's is forum community managers giving vague information or none at all.

Ive never seen the head of the studio talking to the community on their forum, so I have to say it gives me confidence in SMS, to see the Head of the Studio updating us.

Ive been eagerly awaiting this game ever since I first saw a video of it, Yes its annoying paying for a game, and not being able to enjoy it fully, but everyone on the Xbox One, needs to realise IT WILL WORK EVENTUALLY I dont see the name "CodeMasters" anywhere, so I'm sure the patch will fix the problem and not cause even more.

Just wait a little longer. :)

I own almost every codemasters game they have released for an Xbox. Never been to their forums because I never experienced a game breaker in any of their games. Same for Turn 10. I have a high tolerance for issues, but PCars is completely unplayable.

DeviR11
15-05-2015, 16:44
It is nice, that head of studio talk with community on forum, and it is great, that they working hard on patch. Everything this is awesome. BUT the fact, that they release game, which is for many players unplayable, is something I can't understand. The fact, that I spent my money for something I can't play (yes I can, but crashing into wall every second corner is not what I really enjoy) you can not defend. I know nothing about the process of developing game, but I assume, that someone from studio had to play this game on Xbox One before release. So I can't understand, how this controller issue can pass through testing process. Yes, we cannot do anything, just wait, but I really don't like this "give me your money, then put the game on shelf, and wait until we fix it" attitude.

koda.72
15-05-2015, 17:10
Where is LizardSquad when you need them?

Snowowl
15-05-2015, 17:24
The only thing we need is patience. The patch will arrive after it has gone through the process. Do something nice for someone while you wait. It will pass the time much more quickly.

Ixoye56
15-05-2015, 18:04
I can't understand, how this controller issue can pass through testing process.

Apparently, not everyone is infected with this bug, so the most reasonable explanation is that beta testers was spared from this bug also.

Reaper8758
15-05-2015, 18:11

Exactly! Once the patch is passed on the Microsoft its a waiting game. They have their own QA testing to ensure that A the patch will do what its intended to do, B not cause any issues with the system when they deploy the patch. You need to learn patience and your incorrect on some patches take hours to come out. The only time that MS will push a update that fast is if it makes the game 100% unuseable (IE wont even load the game or any aspect of it). Every major dev that puts out a game releases patches to their game on the same day of the week once or twice a month. Some games can push updates in the game without every needing Microsoft to push an update, IE Neverwinter. Other games, Like Call of Duty, need to have MS pass their patch as its patching direct aspects of the game(Much like Pcars is doing). Be patient, complaining about it wont push MS to release the patch any faster, as soon as they aprrove it then it can be deployed to the comsumers. Until then we ALL wait

Ixoye56
15-05-2015, 18:23
Rockstar Games released patches for Xbone each day for GTA V in the beginning if I remember correctly.

Reaper8758
15-05-2015, 18:26

What are social engineers going to do?

RetroNooB
15-05-2015, 19:07

As for food point, if that was case id be hungry, or eat something else in meantime.

As for car point id take it to showroom n ask for money back.

The only people complianing like this are the ones who cant be bothered to try set up their controls, im om pad n im having a blast as are many others.

RetroNooB
15-05-2015, 19:16

Lizard squad are a bunch of muppets, xmas day network stunt wasnt hacking, any retard can run a ddos attack, how are they going to fix issues by spamming servers till they shut down?

Idiot

Dorny
15-05-2015, 19:41
Guys this isnt like on the PC/steam where the developer can make the patch and send it straight out to players. Its a much slower process on the consoles, the developer makes the patch, then the publisher will QA it, then Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo will do more QA on it. And if at any point one of the QA find a problem or reason to not approve it, the cycle starts again.

So while it is frustrating, this is no indicator that SMS are slacking, ignoring or taking their time with getting these problems fixed.

Wolfantry
15-05-2015, 20:06
Oh well as long as it gets fixed. Iracing is still my main commitment and at the moment the only viable oval sim. I can't play with a gp when the smallest movement puts my car into the wall, so I will wait, got nothing but time.

koda.72
15-05-2015, 22:08
It was a joke... damn man lighten up. At least we had a legitimate complaint when they screwed things up.

Coolerking
15-05-2015, 22:38
I have a high tolerance for issues, but PCars is completely unplayable.

How is it that many people, including myself, are finding this completely Playable? It's fantastic and the most enjoyable game I've played in years. It's so immersive. Have you not tried to configure your controller?

evojoeix
15-05-2015, 22:47
project cars is far from unplayable

i understand the frustration, but kicking and screaming like babies isnt going to change anything

ManOfNantucket
15-05-2015, 23:18
How is it that many people, including myself, are finding this completely Playable? It's fantastic and the most enjoyable game I've played in years. It's so immersive. Have you not tried to configure your controller?

Indeed I have tried, and no setting will give me the full range of my stick.

rffanatic
15-05-2015, 23:48
As for food point, if that was case id be hungry, or eat something else in meantime.

As for car point id take it to showroom n ask for money back.

The only people complianing like this are the ones who cant be bothered to try set up their controls, im om pad n im having a blast as are many others.

You know it's funny all of my friends and I have set up our controllers and we even spent a few hours doing it together and we still have problems.

z3r0cool77
16-05-2015, 03:01
:rolleyes:

Insayn Xm
16-05-2015, 03:43
There is something SMS could have done to speed this process up, they could have tested the game before releasing it in the first place. This is why we waited 6 months from its first release date.
If the game wasn't completely broken at its eventual launch, none of this would have happened in the first place. The blame lies squarely with SMS, not anybody delaying a patch

RetroNooB
16-05-2015, 07:48
You know it's funny all of my friends and I have set up our controllers and we even spent a few hours doing it together and we still have problems.

Im not saying i dont have any issues at all, im saying they are manageable until patch gets though the MS red tape

If u want my settings feel free to follow me on xbl where u will find screenshots of my controller setup, along with vids of me driving with the settings

Please note they were setup with no assists whatsoever.

PrimalVigilante
16-05-2015, 08:33
I have tried several controller setups recommended on here and the net. nothing really suits my style and occasionally I get put in the wall. I'm just saying not everyone has the problem and not all those that do can find a setup that suits their driving style the way the game is at the mo. I'm happy to wait for the patch and see where things go from there though. I have faith as the head of the studio has been on here.

Loochst3r
16-05-2015, 08:40
Im not saying i dont have any issues at all, im saying they are manageable until patch gets though the MS red tape

If u want my settings feel free to follow me on xbl where u will find screenshots of my controller setup, along with vids of me driving with the settings

Please note they were setup with no assists whatsoever.

I can see your vids, but not setup screenshots.
I'm only looking on smartglass at the moment though, maybe that's why i can't see them.

RetroNooB
16-05-2015, 08:52
I can see your vids, but not setup screenshots.
I'm only looking on smartglass at the moment though, maybe that's why i can't see them.

They're definately in there bud, only took screenies this morning tho so they should appear at the top :cool:

Loochst3r
16-05-2015, 09:10
They're definately in there bud, only took screenies this morning tho so they should appear at the top :cool:

I'll have a proper look when i log on in a bit, cheers

Budski
16-05-2015, 09:13

Not strictly true, SMS should've released a beta to the xboxone preview community like a lot of the major devs do, that little bit of prudence would've gone a long way and was well within their control, the issue is their fault.

ItchyBear
16-05-2015, 09:17
SO WHAT !

NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING MORE . . .

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND PEOPLE

Beagle Five
16-05-2015, 09:27
Not strictly true, SMS should've released a beta to the xboxone preview community like a lot of the major devs do, that little bit of prudence would've gone a long way and was well within their control, the issue is their fault.

Well they did! We are playing it right now! :)

RetroNooB
16-05-2015, 11:56
I suppose a good thing about the trollers being on the forums trying to slag the game off means at least their not in lobbies wrecking the players races!

wtf, ffs, win,win, ftw :cool:

nissan4ever
16-05-2015, 12:34
Good things comes to those who wait ;)

mkstatto
16-05-2015, 12:36
Good things comes to those who wait ;)

We're getting compensated in free beer? ;)

RetroNooB
16-05-2015, 12:57
We're getting compensated in free beer? ;)

Yeah the voucher will be in next patch, along with tickets to spearmint rhino :rolleyes: lol

Scav3nger
16-05-2015, 13:20
Yeah the voucher will be in next patch, along with tickets to spearmint rhino :rolleyes: lol

As long as it's not free tickets to Nickleback or One Direction I'm fine. /s

Wacky-Racer
16-05-2015, 13:25
In any production line, products have to be quality tested, to be passed, regardless of however long it takes, from a console, to vehicles, to a game patch. If we go into a restaurant, we don't request the food half cooked, in the same way we wouldn't expect a patch half corrected and tested before it was applied. It's worthwhile waiting for.

Retro_uk
16-05-2015, 13:38
But in this case the food isn't the patch. The food should have been the actual game......it was half cooked.

MaXKiLLz
16-05-2015, 13:57
In any production line, products have to be quality tested, to be passed, regardless of however long it takes, from a console, to vehicles, to a game patch. If we go into a restaurant, we don't request the food half cooked, in the same way we wouldn't expect a patch half corrected and tested before it was applied. It's worthwhile waiting for.

I wonder what "quality test" this game went through before it was approved for public release. :confused:

Darth Bambi 83
16-05-2015, 14:19
I wonder what "quality test" this game went through before it was approved for public release. :confused:

From the looks of it it was never tested on Xbox1 game pad, I mean the controller has blatant issues with the steering sticking & dead zones, head set sound cutting out, rumble ect and they would have only needed to play it for 10 mins to notice the issues...

ItchyBear
16-05-2015, 14:24

What does it matter guys? Seriously this ground is so well trodden now, regardless of any answer to the question it won't change anything today.

Patch is on it's way and should reach us soon :)

Wise man is on the track right now anyway, learning the cambers and contours in anticipation of what's to come :)

Before anyone asks lol - I'm only here because I'm on a poo break :uncomfortableness:

... super eager though ... need my race fix ... how about you? :cower:

N30n117
16-05-2015, 15:09
Shame they weren't as rigorous before release

PumaSpec
16-05-2015, 15:20
What does it matter guys? Seriously this ground is so well trodden now, regardless of any answer to the question it won't change anything today.

Patch is on it's way and should reach us soon :)

Wise man is on the track right now anyway, learning the cambers and contours in anticipation of what's to come :)

Before anyone asks lol - I'm only here because I'm on a poo break :uncomfortableness:

... super eager though ... need my race fix ... how about you? :cower:

+1, I want to learn the tracks.

There's waiting for the patch, or there is waiting for the patch while learning the game. :)

Alter_Schwede62
16-05-2015, 15:32
Since when do you drive a racing car with a controller?
This is an option for arcade players nothing else.

z3r0cool77
16-05-2015, 15:39
It's an option for people who don't have $300 to spend on a wheel or any where to put one or kids who would gladly tear it to pieces. I hate when people make arrogant rude comments like that. If all you can do is make a snotty, disrespectful, inconsiderate comment then just don't speak. Didn't your parents (or guardians) teach you anything?

bluesky0870
16-05-2015, 15:40

That's the most senseless argument ever. How do you play Fifa or PES? With your stinky football shoe in your hands? Are you in front of your TV with machine guns while playing COD or Battlefield or whatever?

HEF51
16-05-2015, 15:41
From the looks of it it was never tested on Xbox1 game pad, I mean the controller has blatant issues with the steering sticking & dead zones, head set sound cutting out, rumble ect and they would have only needed to play it for 10 mins to notice the issues...

Don't worry, they didn't test it with a wheel either. We are getting about 10-20% of the FFB we are supposed to be getting.

Gunflight
16-05-2015, 15:49

You dive a racing car with a controller when that racing car exists on a gaming console. The only reason this game can and hopefully will be successful is for the fact that the masses can play it on a console. PC Sims don't make money anymore!!! Consoles are in almost every home. Call it what you want but it's still a console game. Hence the controller... Yeah you can buy a wheel and make it more simulation but most won't. If SMS only developed the game for a wheel they should have put that in the requirements. They obviously didn't as they are trying to fix the issues with the controller.

nissan4ever
16-05-2015, 15:59
We only getting 10%-20% of FFB on Xbox One version for the wheel?

HEF51
16-05-2015, 16:13
We only getting 10%-20% of FFB on Xbox One version for the wheel?

Yes of the 12+ wheel users I know we are all getting the same subpar FFB. Its been confirmed that the X1 version is not getting the same FFB as the PC version. If you only have Forza 5 to compare FFB to you wont feel the difference though. But from playing pCARS on PC with the TX and then playing pCARS on the X1 with the TX it is no where the same experience.

There have been some reports of some people (Maybe 1 or 2 people) that are getting the full FFB. But they've never played it on PC so they don't really know what to compare it to.

AsHeavenIsWide
16-05-2015, 16:27
Patch comming for controller guys dont worry, maybe down the line they will tune FFB for wheel but its probably not in top 10 things to fix

HEF51
16-05-2015, 16:29
Patch comming for controller guys dont worry, maybe down the line they will tune FFB for wheel but its probably not in top 10 things to fix

It should be.

AsHeavenIsWide
16-05-2015, 16:41
Well if SMS are commited with rolling out patches as everyone keeps banging on about.

I would think FPS issues Game crashes and the whole not being able to save setups issues would probably effect more people than the minority of wheel users.

Birdman
16-05-2015, 18:01
Just have to wait patiently, I fired up FM 4 on my 360 and after 3 races I got the Forzafreeze. So I can't be mad at anyone on the Pcars team. Just wait and in time they'll start ironing bugs out. In the meantime I got life, work and family stuff to do and other games to play.

Mr Chow vs Yoda
16-05-2015, 20:48
I just played PC today. For me I'm in no hurry, the game is unplayable. So if it takes 2 weeks fine, I'd rather that, then some half butt job that makes little difference. I actually wonder if it can be fixed?

Benja190782
16-05-2015, 21:56
I just played PC today. For me I'm in no hurry, the game is unplayable. So if it takes 2 weeks fine, I'd rather that, then some half butt job that makes little difference. I actually wonder if it can be fixed?

So how was the PC version?? What is it you feel on PC that you don't do on Xbox One?

Alter_Schwede62
18-05-2015, 06:22
Well if SMS are commited with rolling out patches as everyone keeps banging on about.

I would think FPS issues Game crashes and the whole not being able to save setups issues would probably effect more people than the minority of wheel users.
What is SMS?
I know that from my Smartphone.

thisisbleep
18-05-2015, 06:35
What is SMS?
I know that from my Smartphone.

The developer, Slightly Mad Studios.

Alter_Schwede62
18-05-2015, 06:45
Ah, thank you very much.
I wondered so many times, which Racing game SMS is! :D

Budski
18-05-2015, 08:01

Of course people have tried EVERYTHING possible, what a stupid comment, seriously.

totlxtc
18-05-2015, 08:23
Most of my friends are avid racing fans. I have met them over the years mainly from Forza. Most of them had bought it. Worries me when I saw last night 41 friends online and only 3 playing Project Cars :(

Ixoye56
18-05-2015, 10:28
Most of my friends are avid racing fans. I have met them over the years mainly from Forza. Most of them had bought it. Worries me when I saw last night 41 friends online and only 3 playing Project Cars :(

Are you sure they actually playing the game or messing with the controller settings :)

totlxtc
18-05-2015, 10:49
Are you sure they actually playing the game or messing with the controller settings :)

When I see hardcore race teams who owned the leaderboards on Forza (DTM, FTW, EMW) back on Forza 5 it says something.

menaceuk
18-05-2015, 10:58
When I see hardcore race teams who owned the leaderboards on Forza (DTM, FTW, EMW) back on Forza 5 it says something.

That they are no good at P'CARS? :p

That was a joke by the way.

Ch1ps N Queso
20-05-2015, 21:45
No "Where is the patch?" thread on the first page. This bad boy fell all the way to page 8. Big clap for the patience, guys and gals. It will be here soon.

Psychomatrix
20-05-2015, 22:02
yeah I think a lot of people here haven't really played the game or have something with eyes and ears. then I can't understand why people who are so happy with game bringing always useless and arrogant answer in threads they don't belong them? When people are happy with controllersensitivity at current state can't have played all the cars or they drive in arcadestyle.

Coolerking
20-05-2015, 22:26
Of course people have tried EVERYTHING possible, what a stupid comment, seriously.

Thanks...:cool:

WhiteNinja636
20-05-2015, 22:55
I can understand things take time but it's been since I first downloaded the game and there haven't been any improvements.
Surely the devs could get Microsoft on the blower and get a broad timeframe from them.
Being told soon is rather meaningless, soon in context of the universe could mean several millennium...

Kulch
20-05-2015, 23:13
last comms said its passed Namco and sent to M$. that was over 1 week ago.

so M$ are still testing this patch or its been rejected and sent back, and the latter is hardly for public consumption.

TheCrazySwede
20-05-2015, 23:17
..its coming but you have to wait till winter.

http://elmilmemes.com/uploads/url/Brace-yourself-Winter.jpg

ashasha
20-05-2015, 23:22
I'm not thrilled, but I understand the "delay".

This is the life we chose, i.e., to go with a console. A PC is going to get a patch released as soon as they decide to make it available for download. A patch in a console simply has to go through a much slower process before it is released REGARDLESS of how fast they actually do the code. And there are a lot of good reasons for that which I am sure you can imagine.

Like I said I'm not overly thrilled with the bugs that made it to the official release considering how long it took them to get this out to begin with, but I'm also realistic about time frames here. To be really honest if we get a patch that fixes half of the issues within a month I think that's pretty fast.

In real life you can either do it fast or you can do it right. We already have what happens when you rush to get something out....it isn't stellar. Let them at least have a bit of time to get it right or we can just expect a half baked patch with different bugs. Not ideal.

If you can't play the game as it is do something else in the meantime because dwelling on it just makes it go by that much slower.

PeoplesChampion
20-05-2015, 23:24
I'm not thrilled, but I understand the "delay".

This is the life we chose, i.e., to go with a console. A PC is going to get a patch released as soon as they decide to make it available for download. A patch in a console simply has to go through a much slower process before it is released REGARDLESS of how fast they actually do the code. And there are a lot of good reasons for that which I am sure you can imagine.

Like I said I'm not overly thrilled with the bugs that made it to the official release considering how long it took them to get this out to begin with, but I'm also realistic about time frames here. To be really honest if we get a patch that fixes half of the issues within a month I think that's pretty fast.

In real life you can either do it fast or you can do it right. We already have what happens when you rush to get something out....it isn't stellar. Let them at least have a bit of time to get it right or we can just expect a half baked patch with different bugs. Not ideal.

If you can't play the game as it is do something else in the meantime because dwelling on it just makes it go by that much slower.

http://youtu.be/angi1vwUkQc

Your avatar fits this PERFECTLY!

WELLLLLL... WE'RE WAITING!!!!!

Psychomatrix
20-05-2015, 23:44
The patch fix only the controller issues and maybe some sound bugs. After 2 weeks of playing i feel that the game need a lot more optimization that can handle with 2 patches or so. really hope they keep this serious and don't say xbox one is only nr.3 on the prioritlist, because on ps4 and pc we earn a lot more cash and prestige.

Wacky-Racer
21-05-2015, 00:03
The bugs in the game requiring a fix aren't that bad to the degree that the game is unplayable, if sheets have creases they get ironed out, the author of this thread would do well to learn "patience". Ciao.

eracerhead
21-05-2015, 00:08
really hope they keep this serious and don't say xbox one is only nr.3 on the prioritlist, because on ps4 and pc we earn a lot more cash and prestige.

This game may have been developed on PC for ease of testing purposes, but it's been no secret that consoles would account for ~90% of sales. The devs are not in any way ignoring console users, so rest assured they will work towards fixing open issues.

Captnkuesel
21-05-2015, 00:11
Problem is that my game freezes for a second during races. Now they can fix controller stuff but still it will be unplayable for me. When will the other issues be addressed? And how long does MS take then as the issues should be much larger?

I think we can play the game in two months maybe and still will have performance issues. By the time they are gone (if at all) the game will be sold for half price.

I have no problem waiting longer but I would have liked to buy a game that at least is playable. Might be that many don't have the cache issues but I have it and I don't make it up and therefore I am definitely allowed to be disappointed.

Even more sad that the game was running much better in the first week and I was really happy with it.

transfix
21-05-2015, 00:20
It would be great to get some kind of an update at least saying it hasn't been rejected by M$ and if they are working on any other patches. Dying to play this game however I don't want to get frustrated and turned off due to bad controls,etc and I'm still waiting for my wheel to arrive in a couple of months. So controller is my only option.

WhiteNinja636
21-05-2015, 00:23
I will note that (here at least) the PC version costs $90NZD while the Xbox version costs $110NZD. I'm not sure how they are justifying charging Xbox users more for their game that has less content and more bugs than their PC counterparts.

Captnkuesel
21-05-2015, 00:24
Yes I would also like to know what they are doing now. Sentences like "we see all issues" sound nice but after a week there should be a list of issues that will be addressed in the next Patch and so on. After the patch is before the patch :)

It's licence money for Ms or Sony respectively I guess. PC is always cheaper this is not a problem for me.

eracerhead
21-05-2015, 00:25
Folks, we don't have to latch onto this thought of Microsoft 'rejecting' anything. There's enough wild theories out there already without starting new ones.

This patch has already been written and is in wide use on PCs. There's no reason to believe it won't be released when the time is right.

Mr Akina
21-05-2015, 00:30
I will note that (here at least) the PC version costs $90NZD while the Xbox version costs $110NZD. I'm not sure how they are justifying charging Xbox users more for their game that has less content and more bugs than their PC counterparts.

Are you serious? You do know that it costs a load more to develop console games because of the hardware required and Microsoft's cut? Are any PC/Console games comparable in price on release over there? I doubt it. They aren't in the UK.

JessicaWalter
21-05-2015, 00:56
...Are any PC/Console games comparable in price on release over there? I doubt it. They aren't in the UK.

no.

ksims816
21-05-2015, 01:36
Your forgetting they're on SMS time.. 2-5 days for them is roughly 1.5 months in real time, you idiot

INoTroN
21-05-2015, 02:08
I think microsoft not out the patch because he not want project cars come a better game than forza.

Nightfall
21-05-2015, 02:53
Your forgetting they're on SMS time.. 2-5 days for them is roughly 1.5 months in real time, you idiot
Name calling isn't necessary, conduct yourself like an adult.

Kirby711
21-05-2015, 03:01
This forum can be a little crazy. Literally 8 hours ago I started a thread "Any update on the controller patch?" That's it; didn't say anything negative about PCars or SMS, but Ian Bell responds "Yes, we have an update, but we're hiding it from users to further frustrate them". I love PCars and I have no doubt that it's issues will be resolved quickly, but having the head of studio make sarcastic backhanded comments to someone who preordered and fully supports the game doesn't sit well with me. I follow this forum everyday although I seldom post. I think it's great the involvement in the community by SMS and Ian, but replies like the one posted earlier, don't do anything for the community. The thread got locked about 5 minutes later. A little over the top for someone supporting your product fully.

Rockefelluh
21-05-2015, 03:05
This forum can be a little crazy. Literally 8 hours ago I started a thread "Any update on the controller patch?" That's it; didn't say anything negative about PCars or SMS, but Ian Bell responds "Yes, we have an update, but we're hiding it from users to further frustrate them". I love PCars and I have no doubt that it's issues will be resolved quickly, but having the head of studio make sarcastic backhanded comments to someone who preordered and fully supports the game doesn't sit well with me. I follow this forum everyday although I seldom post. I think it's great the involvement in the community by SMS and Ian, but replies like the one posted earlier, don't do anything for the community. The thread got locked about 5 minutes later. A little over the top for someone supporting your product fully.

Ian is just showing he is a human being and not an evil overlord looking to sell junk for money. Sarcasm can be a great tool on the internet, but it can also be a double edged sword with people who don't see sarcasm.

Kulch
21-05-2015, 03:14
didn't GTA online launch very poor and get patched numerous times within a week?

I bet if R*/EA/Activision did this game, or if this game was GTA, the patch would have been released already.

Kirby711
21-05-2015, 03:20
Ian is just showing he is a human being and not an evil overlord looking to sell junk for money. Sarcasm can be a great tool on the internet, but it can also be a double edged sword with people who don't see sarcasm.

Thank you for explaining sarcasm. I looked up the definition and now completely understand. Seriously, come on guy. There's thousands of people wondering what's going on with the update. And yes Ian updated us on May 12th, but there have been numerous conflicting statements from random forum members so seemed like a good question at the time. My problem isn't so much the sarcasm, which I grasp, but locking the thread down immediately.

eracerhead
21-05-2015, 04:35
Does it ever occur to you that Ian has no news? That he doesn't wish to simply post reassurances, but rather is waiting until the patches are complete and ready to be issued? Why is so necessary for 150+ people to require a personal response to questions that can't be answered yet? He's said it's out of SMS' hands at this point, isn't this enough?

I know people get their hackles up about WMD folks acting all superior and dismissive around here, but it's really this simple: we've learned from experience that when there is news to give, it will be given to us. Until then, we're better off just either playing the game as-is, or getting on with our lives.

ocat1979
21-05-2015, 04:41
Tin Hat theory: MS are deliberately delaying the patch to sour us enough to turn away from the game, then bombard us with Forza 6 stuff at E3.

How's that one?

menaceuk
21-05-2015, 04:46
Tin Hat theory: MS are deliberately delaying the patch to sour us enough to turn away from the game, then bombard us with Forza 6 stuff at E3.

How's that one?

lol.

I do find it funny how people think such a thing is legitimate. Not only would such things drive away 3rd party support, but MS & Turn 10 will not see P'CARS as out right competition. It is a very different animal to the Forza franchise. It's also a genre that is severely lacking on the console platform.

beetes_juice
21-05-2015, 05:01

If you follow the game and forum as you say you do then you would see the countless threads about the update everyday.

Do we need a new thread every 3-6 hours regarding the patch? Just need to be patient. When there's news there's news and when there's not, there's not. Pretty simple. Its with MS so all we can do is play the waiting game....or just play PCars in the meantime.

Beagle Five
21-05-2015, 05:13
Well there isnt really any delay yet, since bandai hade it for a couple of days and as far as I know MS process takes at least a week, so its about now that we can start to even expect it to be released.
And hopefully it will be out this week.

Gunflight
21-05-2015, 05:24
lol.

It's also a genre that is severely lacking on the console platform.

Haha... I wonder why!!

Beagle Five
21-05-2015, 05:28

I feel bad now. I thought his comment was fantastic. Mostly because its not really ok for him to say things like that as you point out.
I am also super exited about this fix to come out and hopefully give me the game I wanted from the start.
Actually the good parts of this game are much better then I ever thought! So I am actually more exited over this patch then then I was over the initial release! :)
So I just want to be like a christmas crazy kid and ask every five minutes if I can open my present now!
Problem is its a LOT of us :) And we are getting on there nerves a little bit...
And as soon as they or anybody else know... We will all know.

Ch1ps N Queso
21-05-2015, 06:03

I agree. I don't see the need for it. Mods are here to deal with threads like yours that quite honestly didn't need to be posted. Simply close the thread and move on.

menaceuk
21-05-2015, 07:05
I agree. I don't see the need for it. Mods are here to deal with threads like yours that quite honestly didn't need to be posted. Simply close the thread and move on.

Look around, the need for it is obvious. It was only a little bit of playing sarcasm any way. What's next, posters get bent out of shape cause somebody told a joke?

TrevorAustin
21-05-2015, 07:37
Folks, we don't have to latch onto this thought of Microsoft 'rejecting' anything. There's enough wild theories out there already without starting new ones.

This patch has already been written and is in wide use on PCs. There's no reason to believe it won't be released when the time is right.

Really? What patch and what did it address? There's nothing in my steam updates history, and while patch 1.3 was quoted I've not seen the changelog or any improvements?

Stag
21-05-2015, 08:23
I'm trying to keep the faith. But there has to be something well strange here. There's a world wide kick off about a game tharpt the softies have apparently had a patch to calm things down a lot. But they haven't said a word not even we have a patch to test. Let alone when it may be released.
Hope the rumours of either them not having a patch yet ,the patch has been rejected are not true. But it is starting to look that way.

Hubcap
21-05-2015, 08:47
Does it ever occur to you that Ian has no news? That he doesn't wish to simply post reassurances, but rather is waiting until the patches are complete and ready to be issued? Why is so necessary for 150+ people to require a personal response to questions that can't be answered yet? He's said it's out of SMS' hands at this point, isn't this enough?

I know people get their hackles up about WMD folks acting all superior and dismissive around here, but it's really this simple: we've learned from experience that when there is news to give, it will be given to us. Until then, we're better off just either playing the game as-is, or getting on with our lives.

Sarcasm's never a great way to respond, particularly when money has been exchanged for something faulty.

Franco Ferrari
21-05-2015, 08:51
Really? What patch and what did it address? There's nothing in my steam updates history, and while patch 1.3 was quoted I've not seen the changelog or any improvements?

This is the full Tech Notes of Patch 1.3, in bold is the part regarding the XBox1 controller:

Track Fixes:
* Zolder: Fixed cars garaged in 2 closed garages. (This fixes where you could get stuck in a garage during FP and Quali).
Controllers:
* Changed XB1 pad rumble to only update during the per frame tick and not at 600hz (Should make steering more responsive on the PC with the XB1 controller).
* Use absolute acceleration values for blending and updating steering movement to prevent negative direction (Moving the XB1 pad far left to far right, sometimes the steering got stuck, this should stop that happening).
Online:
* Removes the need to access the game setup details (Fixes occasional crash when advancing from Quali to Race).
* Crash in ProximityDetectorUserDataCreateCallback (Fixes occasional crash when returning from a race to the main menus).
* Disable driver swap for TT and MP

And has been released for PC 8 days ago.
I've seen it reported a few times around here... but here it is again.

WhiteNinja636
21-05-2015, 09:10
If i was heading a project that was being held up by a slow supplier or tradesman i would be calling/emailing/bugging all day every day pushing for time frames and trying to expedite the situation, not to say that isnt happening but if it was i would assume they would have an answer better than "soon".
At the end of the day its SMS name and reputation being dragged through the mud and the longer we have to wait for patches the more damage to their name is being done.

Captnkuesel
21-05-2015, 09:35
What about the performance increase of 4-7%? It was told us a week ago, but I cant see it anywhere in the patch notes. Did it not make the patch??

OrenIshii BE
21-05-2015, 09:43
What about the performance increase of 4-7%? It was told us a week ago, but I cant see it anywhere in the patch notes. Did it not make the patch??

I recon thats for xbox one only,
patch 1.3 is for PC.
Could be wrong tho

MLSXLD
21-05-2015, 09:57
I updated the 1.3 patch on PC, but it doesn't show some features they said in the introduction of Xbox one patch......for example the rumble of Xbox one trigger is still not work, and I didn't find the option for setting trigger rumble. It seems the patch on PC and XBOX is not the same....

TrevorAustin
21-05-2015, 09:59
This is the full Tech Notes of Patch 1.3, in bold is the part regarding the XBox1 controller:

And has been released for PC 8 days ago.
I've seen it reported a few times around here... but here it is again.

Ah thanks, odd it's not showing in Steam. Not really anything a wheel user on PC would really notice, fair enough.

TrevorAustin
21-05-2015, 10:03
I will state why I think people are chasing over and over again.

I've run support and IT engineering departments for years, including software deliverables, most under ITIL. And one of the MOST imperative things is to keep your clients with issues informed of progress on a regular basis, and NEVER to need chasing by the client.

So if the PR or Q&A people at WMD or SMS (I get confused over who does what) want all these threads to reduce dramatically a daily statement of what patch is where and with who, even in general terms, would make this whole thing go away.

This desire of techies to not communicate until an issue is fixed has been the absolute bane of my job for the last 10 years, they think no news is good news, the client/consumer/customer thinks ANY news is good news. I spend hours every week trying to explain this to technical support guys but they just don't get it.

totlxtc
21-05-2015, 11:00
I will state why I think people are chasing over and over again.

I've run support and IT engineering departments for years, including software deliverables, most under ITIL. And one of the MOST imperative things is to keep your clients with issues informed of progress on a regular basis, and NEVER to need chasing by the client.

So if the PR or Q&A people at WMD or SMS (I get confused over who does what) want all these threads to reduce dramatically a daily statement of what patch is where and with who, even in general terms, would make this whole thing go away.

This desire of techies to not communicate until an issue is fixed has been the absolute bane of my job for the last 10 years, they think no news is good news, the client/consumer/customer thinks ANY news is good news. I spend hours every week trying to explain this to technical support guys but they just don't get it.

ARGH!!! The patch is at MS! Until they say its fine, needs fixing or anything SMS CANNOT say anything. It's in MS hands and will take as long as it takes. I am more than 100% sure that as soon as the OK comes from MS then we will all know the patch is inbound, the release window and the world will rejoice.

Be all and end all - It will be ready when its ready. You can't expect SMS to be calling, emailing MS chasing them everyday just to come on here and update daily. We know where the patch is, we know SMS are doing their best. There is nothing they can do for now as it is out of their hands. If it didn't have to go through the relevant channels then I'm sure we would of had a couple of patches by now. But thats not the case

TrevorAustin
21-05-2015, 11:06
ARGH!!! The patch is at MS! Until they say its fine, needs fixing or anything SMS CANNOT say anything. It's in MS hands and will take as long as it takes. I am more than 100% sure that as soon as the OK comes from MS then we will all know the patch is inbound, the release window and the world will rejoice.

Be all and end all - It will be ready when its ready. You can't expect SMS to be calling, emailing MS chasing them everyday just to come on here and update daily. We know where the patch is, we know SMS are doing their best. There is nothing they can do for now as it is out of their hands. If it didn't have to go through the relevant channels then I'm sure we would of had a couple of patches by now. But thats not the case

AGHHH, yes they can!!!!!! they can post a statement saying "sorry nothing from MS yet" which means no point starting another thread and no need for all the defenders of the faith to jump in telling people to stop asking. But you don't get it so I'll leave you with it.

A simple daily post could be.

All know issues being prioritised and worked on.
XBOX one patch with MS, no update today
PS ONE patch with Sony expected tomorrow.
AMD drivers, oh dear
PC patch scheduled for Tuesday, in testing.

Anyway, I'm giving up on this as nobody that matters seems to care, and the people that do just defend WMD/SMS at all cost, lol.
That would take somebody seconds, And I can guarantee they are doing that internally, probably more than once a day.

WhiteNinja636
21-05-2015, 11:07
Be all and end all - It will be ready when its ready. You can't expect SMS to be calling, emailing MS chasing them everyday just to come on here and update daily.

Actually that is exactly what I'm expecting, constant nagging is a great way to speed up a process.

Sankyo
21-05-2015, 11:08
No use in keeping this thread open when it's been stated that the patch will be released as soon as it is ready to be released.